Please help me make my coffee tasty again!

Options
124»

Replies

• 4rtistry
    4rtistry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jordan's Skinny Syrups are great, and a little goes a long way. I mix in a few teaspoons and then add unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Sometimes I'll add in a little raw honey if the morning demands it, but even then, I'm out for under 50 cals.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Torani sugar free syrups. Mix with skim, froth, and make a latte or cappuccino with it.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    lois1231 wrote: »
    I have 16 ounce glass in the morning made with 2 cups of low fat or skim milk and 3 tablespoons of creamer. It is worth it to me. Plus I get protein from the milk I use.

16 oz. glass (that means it holds 16 fl. oz., right, not that the empty glass weighs 16 ounces?)
    2 cups of milk (2 cups = 16 fl. oz., so glass is now full)
    3 Tbsp. of creamer (seems a waste, as 3 Tbsp of creamer and/or milk are going to overflow and run down the sides)

And, personally, I prefer my coffee to actually have ... some coffee.

For one the fat free milk has protein.
    It does have coffee in it. That is the way I like it. Nothing wrong with it. I started with a quarter of a cup to one half of cup of creamer in it when I was eyeballing it. A lot of drinks from Starbucks and most coffee joints make it much sweeter than I have it. I am down to 2 tablespoons of creamer and don't plan on changing it. It is no different than a cappuccino. I start the morning immediately with
    16 grams of protein from coffee alone. Nobody said you had to drink it the way I do. You act judgmental. For your info I also drink it made with water just not as often. Also most cups are bigger than 16 ounces now not like in the 70s and 80s so it does not run down the sides, not even close.

• 4rtistry
    4rtistry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have 16 ounce glass in the morning made with 2 cups of low fat or skim milk and 3 tablespoons of creamer. It is worth it to me. Plus I get protein from the milk I use.

16 oz. glass (that means it holds 16 fl. oz., right, not that the empty glass weighs 16 ounces?)
    3 Tbsp. of creamer (seems a waste, as 3 Tbsp of creamer and/or milk are going to overflow and run down the sides)

It does have coffee in it. That is the way I like it. Nothing wrong with it. I started with a quarter of a cup to one half of cup of creamer in it when I was eyeballing it. A lot of drinks from Starbucks and most coffee joints make it much sweeter than I have it. I am down to 2 tablespoons of creamer and don't plan on changing it. It is no different than a cappuccino. I start the morning immediately with
    16 grams of protein from coffee alone. Nobody said you had to drink it the way I do. You act judgmental. For your info I also drink it made with water just not as often. Also most cups are bigger than 16 ounces now not like in the 70s and 80s so it does not run down the sides, not even close.

Er, I think lynn was pointing out the impossibility of adding coffee to a 16oz glass when you already have 16oz of milk in it... I confess to being a little baffled by that one myself.
  • lois1231
    edited March 2018
    Options
    4rtistry wrote: »

Er, I think lynn was pointing out the impossibility of adding coffee to a 16oz glass when you already have 16oz of milk in it... I confess to being a little baffled by that one myself.

Again the glasses are bigger than they used to be. What is so hard to understand about that? Geez. Even when I used to add 1/4 cup of creamer it never reached the top and never overflowed. They are 16 ounce dollar tree glasses I used for my coffee. They are probably 18 ounces because everything is bigger this day and age but are advertised as 16 ounces.
  • lois1231
    edited March 2018
    Options
    delete
  • lois1231
    edited March 2018
    Options
    delete
  • mrumlor
    mrumlor Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous comments about making sure you get quality coffee. The better the coffee tastes to begin with, the less you'll have to add stuff to modify the flavor. I currently use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It's only 40cals for a whole cup so I'm adding less than 10cals to my coffee.

Another option is just do whatever tastes best to you but then add less and less over time. Your taste buds will adjust.
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Almond milk!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    fat free half & half -- It tastes just as good and its only 17 calories per 2 tablespoons.