What's the most disgusting food you've tried so far on your journey to a healthier you?

Options
JCam8383
JCam8383 Posts: 77 Member
Today I made Quinoa for the first time... BARF!!

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Tried konjac (sp?) noodles twice. I was ok with the shirataki but the konjac actually made me gag half way through the bowl. I couldn't get past the weird rubbery texture.
  • unclejessico
    unclejessico Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have noticed with quinoa the brand can make a difference. I tried a cheaper brand and I love quinoa but this one tasted like dirt!
  • JCam8383
    JCam8383 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    really? How did you season it?

Mine is most definitely 'Waldon Foods Whipped Peanut Butter' spread...this shouldn't be classified as 'food'. The most vile thing I ever had!

I cooked it in chicken broth. The texture was fine it was the taste that was unappealing. The smell reminds me of chickpeas. Pass! Lol.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with Walden Farms Peanut Butter and Shirataki Noodles.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Spirulina powder and an attempt a turmeric tea.....I leave the turmeric for my curry night treats thank you very much

Both of these!

I also really don't like the tofu-based lunch meat, whatever it is called...and I don't like seitan even though I'm sure the way my husband seasoned & prepared it was like "best case scenario" it's just not for me! I'm not vegan or vegetarian so this isn't a problem, but I've liked about 80% of the meat substitutes he's introduced to me and hated 20% of them.

• Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Soup - of any kind. It looks good, but whenever I try to eat it, it makes me want to puke. Think it's the texture, it's revolting.