What's the most disgusting food you've tried so far on your journey to a healthier you?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    On bended knee and with tears streaming down my face I had to apologize to Oscar Mayer for trying these.

f4squrny5s6z.jpg
    2635986195_cd8e07e8f4_b.jpg

LOL! Yes...I tried some veggie hot dogs that came in a can (different brand) and I think the can was like $9, anyway they were horrible!! Meanwhile, I absolutely love the Morningstar corn dogs, and think they taste exactly like non-veggie corn dogs that come from a state fair or something. You just never know.

And yeah I went back to Nathans on bended knee after trying those canned hot dogs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Mung bean pasta.
  • lyssalosesit
    lyssalosesit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tried quinoa breakfast-style this morning. Nastiest taste ever! Just doesn’t work as a breakfast-sweet food. It called for butter and cinnamon and maple syrup. It was highly lacking, didn’t look very good either.
  • lyssalosesit
    lyssalosesit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also tried to make a cauliflour “Mac & cheese”. SO nasty!! I love cauliflour, and Mac & cheese. But together? Nope...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    There was a yogurt with fruit and somehow it was just gritty and watery. I don't dislike yogurt but stopped buying yogurt with fruit included and that particular brand.
    My family tried dragon fruit. We all disliked it.
    I can't think of anything else that was really bad.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles actually made me throw up. Not just a gag, but an entire adverse reaction. I also don't like Celsius which is an energy drink with supposed fat burning abilities (which is a load of crap anyways and tastes awful.) Quinoa isn't my favorite either, but my friend's girlfriend seasoned it with tumeric, curry and garlic and it tasted pretty good.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely shirataki noodles and these crunchy seaweed snacks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Tropical shakeology. Ended up returning it.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Whey-based protein bars - ugh, like eating chalk. Also, coconut milk based yogurt. Just wrong. :/
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So funny!
    I hate fake sugar of any kind. No less sugar drinks for food— ick.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I tried to add protein powder to Quaker oatmeal. Gaahh.

Someone posted about having "Proats" and I thought, hey that would be a great way to get in some extra protein with my oats!
    Nope.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Quest bars--cookies n cream and cookie dough flavors--one of the few times I've actually taken a bite of something and thrown the rest away. They should have just had the same flavor name: Chemical Cookie

But some people swear by them...funny how we're different!!

I agree. I don't mind Quest bars but I definitely don't find them the miracle some seem to. Chemical Cookie is a very good description of the flavor (of them all). Had to laugh, it's so true.

• laurajeanholly
    laurajeanholly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tried to add protein powder to Quaker oatmeal. Gaahh.

I actually do this regularly and love it! I add a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder to boost my Quaker Protein Triple Berry Instant Oatmeal.