What's the most disgusting food you've tried so far on your journey to a healthier you?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I tried to add protein powder to Quaker oatmeal. Gaahh.

To be fair, it depends on the protein powder. I've done it and it was fine.
    I also tried to make a cauliflour “Mac & cheese”. SO nasty!! I love cauliflour, and Mac & cheese. But together? Nope...

Cauliflower with cheese is not bad! It's just not pasta... I made a cauliflower 'alfredo' sauce once and laughed - I have no idea how people can even pretend that it tastes as good as the real thing. It's pasta and cauliflower, period. Didn't do it again.
    daisyf717 wrote: »
    So funny!
    I hate fake sugar of any kind. No less sugar drinks for food— ick.

I have a hard time with it too, which is kinda a bummer when you're trying to lose weight and have a sweet tooth. It doesn't help that when they put artificial sweeteners in something, it's pretty much always TOO sweet. The only sugar free thing I can tolerate is cough drops, which has been pretty handy lately.

I tried some kind of protein 'pudding' once... I forgot the brand. Wasn't cheap either, but the end result was so disgustingly sweet that it ended in the trash (it used fake sugar of course).

And I'll add Halo Top Waffle and Pancakes waffle in the list. Disgusting.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Vega protein powder, a berry one in particular. It gives me a headache just thinking about it.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Linda McCartney mozzarella veggie burgers.

I feel sick thinking about them, they were so revolting.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Jack fruit
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I tried to add protein powder to Quaker oatmeal. Gaahh.

i tried adding it to greek yogurt...blergh
  • rjdubock0609
    rjdubock0609 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    0 cal noodles from Holland and Barrett... It wasn't that I didn't like them that much, although the texture was a bit rubbery and strange. I just physically couldn't force myself to eat them - it was like my body wouldn't recognise it as food. A really strange sensation.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    A chia breakfast bowl from Whole Foods. I don't normally have texture issues (for example, I have absolutely no issue with tapioca pudding), but the texture of the chia (so slimy and clotty) was disgusting.
  • jimicidal
    jimicidal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    W A T E R C R E S S
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Amaranth - I had a phase where I tried as many whole grains as possible, and the very earthy and hay-like flavor of amaranth was pretty bad. I also tried one of those premade cottage cheese/fruit containers and it was so gross that I threw it out after one bite. Haven't tried cottage cheese again since.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, hands down. that *kitten* is so nasty.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Heeding the mantra that "dark, green & leafy" are nutritional powerhouses, I've tried, on more than one occasion, to eat Swiss chard. Regardless of how I've had it prepared, all I can taste is an off-putting bitterness when I eat it. My wife loves it, but I won't be eating it again on purpose.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really on a "journey to a healthier me" or anything but fermented soy beans from Korea. Literally rotting to the point they were slimy and coated with this mucous stuff.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    TerranandKaylynsmommy Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Vegan cheese blec
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    TerranandKaylynsmommy Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Miracle/tofu shirataki noodles....

I love miracle noodles but mine are soy free
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower fried rice is probably the most disgusting thing that i made. I had meal prepped an entire week of it too and had to choke it down. Never again.
  • larapeoplle
    larapeoplle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    avocado, i nearly puked