Brides to Be! Challenge for August (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I interviewed for a second job today, it went pretty well. I hope I get it so I can get Operation: Decent Wedding Budget underway.

I did horrible eating today. I don't do well on my days off from work.
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    I posted some of our engagement pictures that we had taken last night if you guys want to go look :-)

I failed the challange yesterday, but today WILL BE BETTER!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on everyone doing so well this week! :drinker:

I slept through my workout this morning...I stayed up til Midnight reading The Help. smackhead.gif

We are inviting about 120 people but are expecting around 70ish (I don't think a lot of the out of town family will make it) We haven't given the parents any say in the guest list, this is our day and we want our family and close friends with us. I don't want to have to be making small talk with people I barely know. So far, everyone has been very understanding.

We also decided not to do a meal, we are doing the ceremony and reception in the same place so it is going to maximize party time. :laugh: We'll have snacks but food was a big cost that I decided against.

I think I am going to walk down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train.wub.gif

I have not been doing so good on the mini challenges. Sugar has always been my downfall. :embarassed: I will do the plank challenge tonight...I actually like planks. :glasses:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I posted some of our engagement pictures that we had taken last night if you guys want to go look :-)

I failed the challange yesterday, but today WILL BE BETTER!!!

So sweet!! :flowerforyou:
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I'm totally failing at being healthy this week. Blah. I can't even do well in the challenge I came up with.
  • tinalb28
    tinalb28 Posts: 22
    Options
    So i took measurments for the first time and was a bit disappointed with the high numbers but i dont have any measurements to compare them to so im sure that they have gone way down from when i started.

Wedding stuff: Me and my soon to be hubby are getting married in Pigeon Forge at Immanuels Barn. The reception is going to be at the cabin my parents are renting for the week. Everyone in the wedding party including me are all wearing cowboy boots. Just got bridesmaids dresses and they will look so cute with boots! I can hardly wait! But i do need all of the time to lose all the weight i can. Got about 50 to get to my goal but i would be happy with 40 more lbs lost. Im not picky!
    6643495.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm totally failing at being healthy this week. Blah. I can't even do well in the challenge I came up with.

Seriously, we are in the same boat! We need a new boat!!!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Got my workout in even though I really really wanted to sleep in.

Didn't have time for the planks though, will have to do those after work.

Does anyone else picture their wedding dress when they are pushing through a workout?
  • tinalb28
    tinalb28 Posts: 22
    Options
    Not only do i picture my dress while working out a look at the pic online everyday for motivation!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I think I found where I want my wedding to be. I think the Tonto Natural Bridge would be wonderful. The park closes at 6 but it would be awesome if I could get an exception to have a reception in the beautiful giant house they have on site and houses the gift shop. I'm pretty sad because this site is on the budget crises chopping block. At the very least, we can get our engagement pictures there.

Any suggestion on this week's mini challenge? I'm kind of zoned out of ideas.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I forgot to do my weigh in and measurements this morning. :embarassed:

I'll have to do them later.

Have y'all decided what time of the day you will be having your wedding? We are going back and forth with this and I am not sure what to do.

Originally we were going to do it at sunset. Now, we are thinking about cutting the food budget, so an afternoon finger snack food type deal is more feasible. I definitely won't have a morning wedding.

What time of day did you choose and why?
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Not only do i picture my dress while working out a look at the pic online everyday for motivation!

I do that too, maybe not every day but a few times a week. Maybe once a day might motivate me a little more. Thanks! :drinker:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA this weekend. I've been on vacation. The last couple days I went way over calories, but when I weighed in this morning the scale read a loss of almost two pounds. I'm not sure how that happened.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    We are thinking about 4 in the afternoon for the ceremony! We haven't decided yet if we are doing a big meal, sandwiches or snack food... We are not doing a big event, lol. We are doing the ceremony in the same place we are doing the reception!

Had a bad weekend! According to the scale I gained 4 pounds since Saturday! Could have been all that drinking I did for fiance's bday... lol, but I will weigh in tomorrow and do measurements!
  • kerrphy_2011
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am new to all this. I am getting married on October 22nd and I would love some support on looking gorgeous in my wedding dress. May I join you? I am not sure how all of this works, and how did you all edit your weight loss tracker and get it on your post...I have so much to learn.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    We're in week 3 of a 4 week challenge so you can join the september challenge. Feel free to post on the thread about wedding and weight loss though.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I did my measurements and I can't get them to input in the spreadsheet. :grumble:

And my boobs seem to be getting bigger. :sad: I wonder if I am measuring them right? :huh:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Ok, got it. I had to keep closing out and entering in 1 measurement at a time before it locked up. Weird. :huh:

I am going to have to step up my workouts. At this rate, I won't be anywhere near my goal for the wedding. :brokenheart:
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    sorry to be so silent lately! I also have been on vacation and suprisingly only gained half a pound in the land of seafood, butter and cream based soups. So now I need to step it up! I'l add in my measurements tonight! I'm almost a month away...ahhh!

and to reply to the other topic about thinking of yourself in your dress, I do it all the time. I have three pics of me in my dress on my phone and I think I look great but would love to lose a few more...so when I'm running or not wanting to do sit ups I think of those pictures. It really helps!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Hello Brides!!!

I found an awesome website yesterday for some DIY decorating ideas. Ruffled.com

We are doing a vintage theme and they have some amazing ideas! :love: