What's the most disgusting food you've tried so far on your journey to a healthier you?

Options

Replies

• alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and cottage cheese. No matter how much I want to like them, I can't get past the texture of either.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Kale. Kombucha. Quinoa.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Heeding the mantra that "dark, green & leafy" are nutritional powerhouses, I've tried, on more than one occasion, to eat Swiss chard. Regardless of how I've had it prepared, all I can taste is an off-putting bitterness when I eat it. My wife loves it, but I won't be eating it again on purpose.

The only recipes that I have for chard are not really diet-friendly. One involves garlic, cream, and parmesan cheese and the other has italian sausage and pasta. Both are yummy but not really healthy...
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fat Free blue cheese dressing.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Natto. It's fermented soybeans and full of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin K. It tastes like soybeans in snot and mucus. The texture is quite off putting. Once was more than enough for me.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Natto. It's fermented soybeans and full of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin K. It tastes like soybeans in snot and mucus. The texture is quite off putting. Once was more than enough for me.

Lol, I barely got past the smell. Nearly threw up at the taste and gagged at the texture.

The old Japanese lady was highly amused. I think it tickled her fancy that I at least tried it. But I suspect my facial expression during the ordeal were quite entertaining. Trying to politely decline another bite with my extremely rudimentary Japanese made her laugh even more :tongue:
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Quest bars--

But some people swear by them...funny how we're different!!

Ditto.

Quest bars are worst tasting and most expensive bars IMO.

Everyone has their preference. Mine is Pure Protein which tastes fine to me and is among the cheapest.

For lousy taste, I'd add protein cookies.

Doesn't matter who makes them they all taste awful to me. Heating them up 1st helps a bit but they still taste lousy. Too many cals for too little protein and too much $ to foregive the poor taste.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Another vote for chia pudding. I recently tried a Chia Pod from Whole Foods and it was like trying to eat a wad of homemade glue slime.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Quinoa & any brand of low calorie salad dressing.Can’t stand diet sugars."......."..Yuck!
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If I don't LOVE it, I don't eat it! That includes fat free, sugar free and all that nonsense. I use and eat REAL food, just not as much. If I had one thing I tried and hated it would be cottage cheese.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Most disgusting: Sugar-free syrup.

There have been other disgustings, stevia, for one, but sugar-free syrup is most disgusting.

Ha, I agree! Revolting. I should've returned it.

I also loathed Halo Top ice cream, tried two flavors. Not for me.

Read some more posts and was reminded of coconut water. :s
  • meganhirschi
    meganhirschi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    45 calorie bread
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Beets. Ugh.
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I literally flippin HAAATE cucumbers. Baaarf.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options

What? Cucumbers taste like water imo. I cant freaking stand beetroot tried it 3 times in my life, becouse its impolite to not atleast try food you get served. But i gagged on the first bite all 3 times
  • keeler521
    keeler521 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I personally haven't had to eat anything I didn't like ... however, I did do coffee straight black for the first time and good lord, thats hard!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Liver, Lima Beans, Peas—3 of the most repulsive foods on the planet, to me.

Coconut water is pretty nasty.
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

What? Cucumbers taste like water imo. I cant freaking stand beetroot tried it 3 times in my life, becouse its impolite to not atleast try food you get served. But i gagged on the first bite all 3 times

My family all ate it as I was growing up but I hate even the smell of them, even if a bit of their vinegar ended up on my plate it was enough to make me feel sick :unamused:
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Protein powder/bars/cookies. It's all disgusting! Not necessarily the taste, but the texture is abysmal. Can't stand any of these, which is a pity, since I really have a protein deficit in my diet.

Other than that, I second the mentions of Konjak "Noodles", Stevia, some sugar-free sauces, coconut water, chia pudding (again the texture)
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I love cucumbers pretty much the only vegetable I'll eat. Sometimes I'll blend them with watermelon and make a sweet drink. So good.