Pregnancy – August 2011

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    My son is going to be starting kindergarten and I will be having my little girl about 2months later. I'm excited but pretty nervous about him going. I can only imagine what it is going to be like when he starts middle school

I remember sending my first to kindergarten. She'd been in preschool, but this was the first time I was not extremely involved, especially on her first day. I made sure she got inside alright, then went back to the car and almost cried because this was something she was doing without me. (Trust me, I don't think I'll feel that way on the first day of Jr High!)

I taught kindergarten for 3 years, so if you want any advice on what to expect or how to help him transition, let me know! I will tell you that, in most cases, mom has more separation anxiety than the child :laugh: I'm sure he's going to love school :happy:
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    aww man im missing so much not working at my computer! cant wait to catch up on everyones posts and answer rachels thread. Last day of conference tomorrow which is good in some respects (its been very intense) but im worried i wont be as inspired about my work area when i get home, i HAVE to put things in place to make sure his dosent happen.

Went to the gym again before conference today, which was good considering im sitting on my *kitten* all day:laugh: I also took myself out for a 'loner date' tonight, which consisted of me taking myself out for a steak dinner and a movie. As sad as that sounds I actually enjoyed myself, its been ages since i just enjoyed my own company. btw the movie 'the change-up' is hilarious!!!

Baby seems to be doing great and is keeping me company :smile: i had a few more tummy pains again on my right side as i was walking home today but they soon disappeared.

Hope all is well, looking forward to replying more in depth:flowerforyou:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Ronya - The day we were being discharged I had a complete breakdown and asked the nurse why they were letting us leave when I had no clue what I was gonna do with this baby. 4 weeks later, I still have moments where I feel like that. Dont stress about it.
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    VeronicaanddMatt0605 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Julz- I think that I am probably more anxious about him going than he is. He went to 1/2day three days a weeks preschool last year and loved it. He is very excited I just hope that we both do alright with all the new adjustments in a short amount of time. Only about 2 1/2months after he starts school the new baby should be coming. Any advice you have would be great Thanks!

Mookie-great job getting to the gym and working out while you are away

Rachel- I know how tiring it is at the end of your pregnancy rest up

Do any of you ladies get bh contractions when you're working out? I will go for a walk pretty short only 20-25min and start getting the bh I was told by my high risk dr that this means I should stop I always thought it was okay to work through them. What do you ladies do?
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    I also just wanted to post because I'm hearing some worries of bonding with baby and what not I had ppd with both of my babies and waited way too long to get help. I would like to encourage any of you ladies who feel sad depressed like you aren't bonding well with your baby after about 6weeks post birth talk to your dr. They can help you and you can still breastfeed even if you have to take medicine. I waited until my 2nd was 1year old to get help and really suffered a lot during that time.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ladies get bh contractions when you're working out? I will go for a walk pretty short only 20-25min and start getting the bh I was told by my high risk dr that this means I should stop I always thought it was okay to work through them. What do you ladies do?

This is when I had most of my BH until the last couple of weeks. My dr. said it is fine to work through them.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Jalyn- Glad to see you back around again :) And so happy to hear you and DH are TTC :flowerforyou: :heart:

Ron- You aren't alone! Any sane person that is pregnant has thought that! I'm in the phase of; is this real? Are we really pregnant? Am I really giving birth in the matter of weeks? We wanted it for so long that sometimes it doesn't seem possible :love:

Dr. Appt went well on Monday. Everything is fine, expect I need to be drinking more, which I knew that day going in because it was so hot I couldn't get myself to drink a ton without feeling like I was going to hurl. The DR told me I was as high as the machine would read for being dehydrated which meant my number was even worse..... oops! He was fine about it though and understood with the weather and such. One more two week appt. and then I go every week.... CRAZY!
  • dmdaigle17
    Options

This is when I had most of my BH until the last couple of weeks. My dr. said it is fine to work through them.

This was when I first started noticing BH was after working out, especially after walking. My dr said it was of the norm.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had ppd after my third baby and I am afraid the same thing will happen after this one. My hubby is trying his hardest to listen to me and my genuine worries and concerns but he's not here because of work so I struggle to find people to talk to about all my worries and not judge me or say "your just pregnant those feelings will go away." Truth is, with my third baby, I thought the feelings would just go away too but they never did I got help and I felt better and was eventually taken off the medicine.
  • mathjulz
    Options

I think it might depend on why you are with a high risk doc - there might be something going on with your pregnancy that BH contractions could exacerbate. I am "high risk" because of high AFP, but it doesn't affect if I can exercise and worry about BH. But it depends on what it is.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So you know you are having a bad food day when you walk into the bathroom and look into the mirror only to find oreo crumbs on your chin and face lol.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Had a busy day yesterday. My daughter had an appointment at the children's hospital for a check-up. The last one before she starts school (grade primary) and now she doesn't have to be seen again until she's 10. She was born with a 2 vessel umbilical cord, an imperforate *kitten* and a tethered spinal cord. That's another reason we weren't planning on having more kids. After dealing with the defects and surgeries it was scary!
    Anyway, she's doing fabulous now so that's what matters. I cannot believe she's going to school in a few weeks. Where did the last 5-years go?
    She helped me put the party favors together for the baby shower on the 28th. It was so cute that she was excited to help me out. I hope it keeps up, lol.

As for my post about the 2-hour wait at the new OB office. Unfortunately that's the normal thing with him because he has A LOT of patients. There's no receptionist, no office .. it's a hospital setting with nurses and a waiting room. Well he does have an office with receptionist but that's not where his prenatal appointments are held. I just keep telling myself there's only another month and a half or so of waiting for appointments. It helps keep me sane.

Today I am catching up on the housework I neglected while hubby had 4 days off. I only have a few things left to do so I am taking a water break and relaxing.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julz – 32 weeks is a significant milestone! :smile: But right I now I feel like every week is a milestone for me. I’ve been waiting to try yoga but I’m hesitant about it since I’ve never done it before and don’t want to start something new until after the baby is here.

Rachel – Hope you’re feeling better!

Julie/Maureen – At least I’m not alone in my panic. :laugh:

Melissa – Good for you for treating yourself. The closest I’ve ever come to taking myself on a “loner date” is Panera.

Veronica – I’ve been getting pains in my side when I walk (walking is all I do right now) for weeks. Normally if I slow down they stop. I don’t know if they’re BH or not though. I say listen to your doctor. Why are you considered high risk?

Danielle – I’m struggling with water lately too, which is insane considering how hot it’s been. Water made me really nauseous in the first trimester; I’m hoping the feeling isn’t making a comeback.

Elizabeth – I have to laugh because I just noticed cookie crumbs on my shirt! :laugh: :laugh:

Caperfae – so glad everything with your daughter is ok. I can’t imagine how scary that must.

I’m very excited for my appointment tomorrow because I’m getting an u/s. I can’t wait to see her again!!! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    So you know you are having a bad food day when you walk into the bathroom and look into the mirror only to find oreo crumbs on your chin and face lol.

yummmm splurging on oreos is needed sometimes.
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Just got home from taking the GRE (the test you take when you want to go to grad school). It wasn't bad, except that I was there for 4 hours. There was one 10 minute break in that, and we weren't allowed to have so much as a water bottle in the testing room. Maybe that's a good thing, because I would have hated to have to take time out of the test to go to the bathroom. Sitting for that long didn't seem to be a problem until I tried to stand up and walk :laugh: . Anyway, it seemed to go okay. Now I have to wait till November to get the scores.

I got home and treated myself with milk & cookies. I agree, every so often you need to splurge!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Appt went well. I had a closed cervix last week, and this week it's open 1-2 fingers. Hubby took the afternoon off work and came with me. And for once there was almost no wait!

Baby was in a strange position and presenting huge (fundal measurement 50- last week was 44). Dr. agreed was just baby's position.

So, unless I go into labour sooner I am back there next wednesday. I am able to go 10 days past my due date before they will attempt induction with a cervadil "tampon". If it does not take the first time, they try again 12 hours later. If that still does not work they try pitocin drip 12 hours after that.

She said that the reason they want to start trying to induce at 10 days is because then they still have 4 days to try in case the induction does not work.

I am confident I will go into labour before August 22nd. But crazy to think that the farthest away my baby is is only 12 days!

Once again, feeling somewhat selfish and too lazy/low on energy to respond to all you ladies individually at the moment- sorry!
    xoxoxo
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    Kaymd- I understand how bad the ppd can be and I also was able to get off of medicine after only about a year but I didn't stat taking the medicine until my daughter was more than a year old

Ronya- I have gestational diabetes diagnosed at 9weeks pregnant so even though I'm still a bit confused I think this means I will have type 2 diabetes after baby is born from what my dr was saying sounds like he thinks that if I'm having bh at 25weeks my body is telling me to stop and I should

Julz- yay for having your graduate school test done good for you sitting for all that time with no potty break or water hope that it went well

Danielle- that's too bad that you were so dehydrated at your dr's appt I know how hard it is to get enough in especially when it's super hot

Rachel- it's good that you're making progress and you now have a date to look forward to if the baby doesn't come before then

afm- I have a nasty summer cold I can't breathe and had problems sleeping last night I also had some contrations yesterday but they went away when I rested and drank lots of water hope this cold goes away soon because I am supposed to go camping this weekend with my family and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread....don't know why I didn't look sooner! Hubby and I are going off the pill in a month and then wanted to give myself a few months for my body to adjust before "trying" Anyone in the same boat or anyone that had been on the pill for along time? I also have to say that I am extremely scared of alot of weight gain because I've worked so hard to lose about 35lbs but in the end know that it will be worth it and can lose it again! I am also noticing a few that haven't gained much weight at all!!
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I always get this, usually near the end of a cardio workout but sometimes all the way through. I try to continue at a light pace, or I find that changing to a cardio ezxercise/machine where im not standing helps i.e. a stationary bike.

indiankel- welcome!! I had been taking the pill for several years before becoming pregnant. I wouldnt take my experience as being standard, but I became pregnant within a month of not religiously taking the pill. We werent trying, but the point is that it is definitly possible for it to happen quite quickly

rachel- good on you for hanging in there. 12 days! how excitinhg :) how is your hubby feeling about it all?

julz- congradulation on sitting your examination. regardless of result, that was an amazing effort :)

elizabeth- love your oreo post, really made me giggle

So its 7am and im about to head to the seattle airport for my flight home. what an amazing few days!! im thoroughly inspired :) last night was interesting. I realise that I have been on somewhat of a high since ive been in seatlle, between the mental stimulation, change in environment and need to be organized my mind has been on overdrive. Well last night this all seemed to come crashing down in an irrational nsobbing fit around 8pm haha. It was my last night, so i decided to order room service and just relax, which would have been fine had everything not started to go wrong. Between the lady taking my order not understanding, my falling down a hill on the way back from the atm, my internet access crashing, my phone dying and my cutlery being late it was enough at that point to turn me into a bluberring mes. rational? no, expected? looking back on my hectic week I guess so =p

Im excited about my appointment tomorrow! its been 5 weeks since my last one so im looking forward to a baby status update. Unfortunately i have to do the GD test, but i guess i'll also be glad to be told if everythinhg is ok in this area. I will upload new belly photos when i get back to boston because omg my little man has grown!!!

Hope everyones weeks have gone well xxx
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Thank you for this thread....don't know why I didn't look sooner! Hubby and I are going off the pill in a month and then wanted to give myself a few months for my body to adjust before "trying" Anyone in the same boat or anyone that had been on the pill for along time? I also have to say that I am extremely scared of alot of weight gain because I've worked so hard to lose about 35lbs but in the end know that it will be worth it and can lose it again! I am also noticing a few that haven't gained much weight at all!!

How long have you been on the pill? I was on the pill for a few years, didn't start trying until I had been off it for over 2 and it still took us about a year to get pregnant, even though bc had stopped 2+ years prior to. My best friend stopped the pill on her wedding day and it took her 10 months to get pregnant. Everyone is different but it does take awhile for bc to completely leave your system. My doctor recommended going off it a year before we were ready to try.

Gaining after losing is never easy but your body will do what it needs to for your baby, remember that.