No more soda

Options

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm is unnecessary. The acid in the Diet Coke attacks the tooth enamel and gums. Bacteria don't know or care if your drink is sweetened with sugar or an artificial sweetening substance. Either way the bacteria will happily take advantage of the weakness in teeth and gums. Given a nice cavity or gap in the gums that makes brushing more difficult, bacteria will thrive leading to decay and/or gingivitis. This information came from my dentist.

My comments regarding withdrawal symptoms are based on personal experience.

Weird! I always have great check ups with my dentist and I drink diet soda almost everyday.

Well. I don't. Some people do have great strong teeth, others don't.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm is unnecessary. The acid in the Diet Coke attacks the tooth enamel and gums. Bacteria don't know or care if your drink is sweetened with sugar or an artificial sweetening substance. Either way the bacteria will happily take advantage of the weakness in teeth and gums. Given a nice cavity or gap in the gums that makes brushing more difficult, bacteria will thrive leading to decay and/or gingivitis. This information came from my dentist.

My comments regarding withdrawal symptoms are based on personal experience.

Weird! I always have great check ups with my dentist and I drink diet soda almost everyday.

Well. I don't. Some people do have great strong teeth, others don't.

Well that sucks. I’m sorry <3
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I should really quit drinking pop as the caffeine aggravates my heart palpitations.
    OP If drinking it is causing negative effects on your health or you're drinking 24 cans a day then yeah it may be time to quit lol. If not, I don't see the harm of having a pop as long as it fits in your daily calorie goal. You guys do you!!!
  • midget_60087
    midget_60087 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink a 7.5 ounce can of regular coke a day and have been able to lose weight. To me its all about moderation.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The hawk of the gale brings the false physician to the home of Jack Daniels.

I believeth thou means Jim Beam...

The way things are going these days, I will eschew both for Crown Royal and cola.