double clothing????

Options
Hey I like 2 know If anyone knows if its true, when you wears Double Clothes are you actually Burn more Calories then just wearing normal clothing????

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I don't think this would really burn that many calories more than one set does. Unless your second layer is a lead apron haha.
  • KnottyRae
    Options
    I don't think this would really burn that many calories more than one set does. Unless your second layer is a lead apron haha.

^Agreed!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    What? Why would this burn more calories?
  • mechred
    mechred Posts: 5
    Options
    I would think that if you get overheated, you aren't going to have as much energy or be able to exercise as hard.
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey I like 2 know If anyone knows if its true, when you wears Double Clothes are you actually Burn more Calories then just wearing normal clothing????

No change except rashes in few days
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Just because you sweat more doesn't mean you're burning more calories, it just means you're losing more water and getting more dehydrated.
  • change_happens
    Options
    do you mean in terms of the warmth your body will create from all of the clothing? maybe wear a sauna suit, but that would only burn water weight.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    All it does is make you sweat more...losing fluids not lbs of fat.
  • Maydalis
    Maydalis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wearing double clothing doesn't burn more calories, you just sweat more. Keep in mind that calories are a form of energy that your body needs to function. While sweating is just your body's way of keeping your skin cool when it over heats. No relation between the too. If they were related I'd be as thin as a toothpick down here in Florida... =)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I heard those girls on Jersey Shore wear two bras so, it must work.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    wear some wrist and ankle weights, that will help more than 2 layers of clothes.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    So when you log your workouts, is there a section to choose what you wore?
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    This is SOOOO true! Days when I need a huge burn, I dress up with so many layers of clothing I look homeless. But I'm getting that burn. You should try it every day for the next week. Take pics and post them too!
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    do you mean in terms of the warmth your body will create from all of the clothing? maybe wear a sauna suit, but that would only burn water weight.

I mean wearing like a sweater over your Workout clothes or a long sleeve shirt while doing your Workout
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ohhh you mean the weight of the clothing counts as strenght training then No?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I mean wearing like a sweater over your Workout clothes or a long sleeve shirt while doing your Workout

Do you see many fitness enthusiasts doing this?
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    But be careful of swamp *kitten* when you work out too hard.
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the only thing you'll accomplish by doing this--is looking like a tool.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Do you see many fitness enthusiasts doing this?

LOL. Thax for the infor!!!!! Now I will let my husband see all these comments so he can see that he can't burn more calories when putting on extra sweaters!!!!! Thax
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I heard those girls on Jersey Shore wear two bras so, it must work.

hahaha :laugh: