Can someone assure me I will lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It REALLY IS THE MATHS EQUATION!
    CICO

You must have a caloric deficit to lose weight.
    COMMITMENT AND CONSISTENCY is also necessary.
    Not every now and then.
    Eat whatever you choose, but within your daily caloric allowance.
    Eating clean has nothing to do with weight loss, however it can enhance overall good health.

Just stick with it, every day.
    You will get there.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Check the success stories / most recent NSV (non-scale victory). It really motivating!

I personally haven't had great success with the 'eat what you choose within a deficit' method, so I focus on setting a consistent plan of protein + leafy green salads, ignore the fat count and keep the sugar intake as low as possible. a couple of days without sugar/sugar treats usually gets me past the cravings. If you haven't dropped soda and junk food yet, do that now. The food that you should be eating will never come in a 'diet' version.

The process of eating nutritional foods and working out will make you feel better, and that will motivate you to stick with your goal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I personally haven't had great success with the 'eat what you choose within a deficit' method, so I focus on setting a consistent plan of protein + leafy green salads, ignore the fat count and keep the sugar intake as low as possible. a couple of days without sugar/sugar treats usually gets me past the cravings. If you haven't dropped soda and junk food yet, do that now. The food that you should be eating will never come in a 'diet' version.

The process of eating nutritional foods and working out will make you feel better, and that will motivate you to stick with your goal.
    Sorry for butting in, but you just described how you're choosing what to eat, while staying in a calorie deficit ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you take in less calories than you burn you will lose - so yes, if you eat less than you burn you will lose.
    And to do that you can track what you eat on here so you know your calories in. Consistently eat at the given calories and weight loss will follow.