So can you eat what you want within reason.

I feel like every time I fail because I go hard with it and never allow myself anything that I really want. This time as long as I stay under my caloric intake if I want something will I be okay and still lose?

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    There a gazillion ways to do it, but yes — that’s the bottom line of weight loss.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    As long as you stay within the calories that are allotted for you. It's good to watch the macros too.

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Weight loss comes down to calories.
    Calories in calories out.
    Create a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited March 2018
    I feel like I eat way too many snacks, but I eat really lean protein and get enough, veggies are low calorie, so I snack quite a bit to meet daily goal. I lost weight reliably all the way down and have made goal and I really feel like I am eating too many snacks now. But I'm not.
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Watch your intake.

If you're training regularly, get some protein in.

And you're golden.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Yes. Just make sure you are accurately logging what you eat (this means weighing it) and choosing the right database entries. It is possible to "log your food" but have the inaccuracies totally wipe out your calorie deficit. Also, if by "go hard at it" you mean that you choose an aggressive goal, that could pose problems with adherence. But yes, a simple calorie deficit is what results in weight loss.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    All in moderation ma' dear
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    as long as you stay in your calorie range you're fine as far as weight goes, but that doesn't speak to specific micro or macronutrient needs or limits. Like if you stay within your calories you can still go way over on something like sodium and that can lead to other problems like high blood pressure. Do what you need to do to stay where you want to stay, but don't restrict yourself to failure. Eat something you want once in a while but, personally, I would suggest against using food as a reward. That's just me.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    another tip, too - be reasonable in your calorie limit. Its suggested to only really shoot for 1% of your body weight, meaning that if you don't have a large amount to lose, 2 lb/wk is too aggressive; shoot for a lower limit, be patient, and eat what you want within reason! another suggestion? Consider eating what you want, but in smaller portions or in a different type. For instance: if you want Lays Doritoes, go for the baked instead of the regular, or if you want a honey bun, eat half instead of the whole thing.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    I make room in my allowance for chocolate every day. It’s all about portions. And you’ll naturally make smarter choices as you go along as you discover it’s more sustainable to eat more of something that’s lower in calories than a few pitiful mouthfuls of something full of them. Balance, portion size, but not deprivation!
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    I had four oreos last night. I've lost 47 pounds.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I feel like every time I fail because I go hard with it and never allow myself anything that I really want. This time as long as I stay under my caloric intake if I want something will I be okay and still lose?

Yes...weight management is about calories. I eat pretty well for the most part and have "treats" regularly...I just make sure the bulk of my diet is very nutritious.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    yep just make sure you don't go over your daily calorie goal. I have chocolate as dessert every night pretty much because of this!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    yep just make sure you don't go over your daily calorie goal. I have chocolate as dessert every night pretty much because of this!

you can go over daily goal a little as long as your calories add up at the end of the week(some track by weekly calories instead) then you should be fine. for some it may be easier to go by calories per day.