Beginning Keto!

Options
I have been doing calorie restriction, IF and weightlifting 5x/week since November. I am working towards getting down to 125lb. I started at 153 and am currently bouncing between 134/138lbs.
My aunt has been doing Keto and has been having really great results. I decided to give it a shot and started yesterday... My first impressions are I definitely feel more satiated! However, I’m slightly terrified this some how isn’t going to work and I’m going to put on a bunch of weight before my Hawaii trip next month!!

Anyone doing Keto have any thoughts/recommendations/advice for a beginner?? How was the first couple weeks??

Replies

• igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't know much because I just started the keto diet yesterday. But I no somebody who is on it and they told me that its hard for the first 2 weeks no really swing much results but after 2 weeks or so... Your body goes into the state of ketosis and starts to burn off the fat. So I'm all in and hoping for the best. Let me know how it works out for you!!
  • beckypk3
    beckypk3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am slowly transitioning this week, and I am terrified as well! The thought of eating fat doesn’t seem like it would work but I have seen lots of great success stories so it’s gotta work right! Good luck
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@MissPNW as far as myfitnesspal Keto help the above is the one I have used heavily since 2014. Best of success.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    There is no reason it wouldn't work if you're keeping track of your calories correctly. You won't be putting on a bunch of weight unless you overeat. Give it a try for a while and see how you like it.