double clothing????

2»

Replies

• It helps if you turn them inside out
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I don't think this would really burn that many calories more than one set does. Unless your second layer is a lead apron haha.

hmm if my lunch time workouts get too easy guess i can try this :laugh:
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Look around your gym. How many people do you honestly see working out in layers??
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    It helps if you turn them inside out

I've heard that too!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I heard those girls on Jersey Shore wear two bras so, it must work.

i do this when i work out, but thats because alot of my sports bras are not fitting so good anymore and can't handle all the jumping jacks and other such exercise alone, was getting tired of every time shaun said okay shake it out, having to shake 'em back in.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member

hahaha :laugh:

LMAO I wonder if it helps my husband!!!!! LOL. The question was for him cause I've told him that his wrong and its not true that you can burn more when wearing more clothing!!!! I will show him all this comments
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member

i do this when i work out, but thats because alot of my sports bras are not fitting so good anymore and can't handle all the jumping jacks and other such exercise alone, was getting tired of every time shaun said okay shake it out, having to shake 'em back in.

LOL ya you can't fine any good ones!!!!, just got 3 watch them bounce. .....lol
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member

LMAO!

No, unfortunately, I don't think they are wearing them to workout, well... It's a different KIND of workout...

I know lots of girls wear two sports bras to workout ;-)
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Yeah thats the thing about exercising outside in the summer. You take a 30 min walk and you sweat tons and in the back of your mind you think sweating = calorie burn. Nope. In the summer sweating = sweating = dehydration, not calorie burn.
  • Actually, the opposite would be true. Generating heat burns more calories, so doing things that will prevent your body from cooling off properly would make it worse, it seems to me. However, if you drink cold beverages or take cold showers, your body has to heat things back up to maintain normal body temperature and prevent hypothermia--it's not a lot, but a few extra calories here and there. In his book, Dr. Dukan has a section dedicated to this topic, if you want to read more about it.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    But be careful of swamp *kitten* when you work out too hard.

I like to call that "swass"
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    But be careful of swamp *kitten* when you work out too hard.

I like to call that "swass"

"Swass" = my new favorite word! :laugh:
  • brutalrage
    brutalrage Posts: 34 Member
    People mistake water weight lost as actual weight lost all the time. Those are usually the people you see constantly weight them selves through out the day wondering why they gain 5lbs and not eating all day. It is true that a higher body temperature can result in more calories burned but it is only a marginal differences and the dehydration it can causes usually counteracts any possible calorie lost you could experience.

They only time where you burn calories when you wearing additional clothing is if it is weighted because you are working harder to move your own body. It is the exactly the same as a heavier set person burn more calories walking then a more fit, average weight person because the heavier person is moving more weight. When wearing weighted clothing it is important to stay very hydrated since dehydration can rapidly lower your metabolism and exhaust you faster.