Seasoning Chicken

Options
SweetKumquat
SweetKumquat Posts: 10 Member
Hi folks!

I love playing around with different ways to cook or season chicken! Looking from inspiration from you all!!

What's your favorite seasoning combo for chicken?

Have you stepped away from your favorite and tried something new that was surprisingly delicious? If so what is it?

Let me know!!!!
Thank you all ☺
Have a wonderful day/night

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, something unusual that was good - we had a mystery partial bottle of Stubbs Citrus and Onion chicken marinade in the fridge. I think my eldest must have used it in a recipe; neither my wife or I bought it. I figured I would give it a shot one night and it was surprisingly good.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made chicken and used a balsamic vinaigrette dressing on it because I didn't have anything else. It was surprisingly good. Next time I would probably put some garlic in it as well.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper :)
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lemon and salt or 1:1 solution of soy sauce and white vinegar with minced Thai hot pepper and onion.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    always looking for a way to make chicken more appealing! @CarvedTones that honey mixture marinade sounds different and delicious!

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Recently: marinating in dill pickle juice, then sprinkling with dried dill before cooking.

I always pound my boneless, skinless chicken breasts to make them a constistent thickness. They cook a lot more evenly.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper with paprika. Chicken thighs are especially tasty with this simple combo.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy. We use Italian salad dressing to marinade our chicken almost every time and it always comes out well. Perfect for chicken going on the grill!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I love Italian dressing marinade! So easy, lol. Another one I've been doing is a Greek yogurt marinade. You take greek yogurt, a bit of lemon juice, either ranch or Italian seasoning. Marinade for 20mins to an hour or so. Put it on the grill, or in the oven at about 425 for 30 mins or until cooked through.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Recently: marinating in dill pickle juice, then sprinkling with dried dill before cooking.

I always pound my boneless, skinless chicken breasts to make them a constistent thickness. They cook a lot more evenly.

Yaassss to the pickle juice marinade. So delicious. We go through a lot of pickles in my house so I usually have it on hand. ;)
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm a seasoning dumper. I often just grab some seasoning and dump it on whatever I'm cooking. Haven't had anything too bad yet.

Recently: garlic powder, lemon pepper, Fox Pointe seasoning from Penzey's and paprika. Yesterday I cooked boneless chicken thighs in the crockpot with pesto. They're perfect for a salad today.
  • missopal1130
    missopal1130 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!

I love playing around with different ways to cook or season chicken! Looking from inspiration from you all!!

What's your favorite seasoning combo for chicken?

Have you stepped away from your favorite and tried something new that was surprisingly delicious? If so what is it?

Let me know!!!!
    Thank you all ☺
    Have a wonderful day/night

• missopal1130
    missopal1130 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made stuffed chicken breast with garlic, dried tomato, and quesadilla cheese last night. Little salt pepper , it was delicious
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Creole seasoning, salt, pepper & garlic powder. Yum!
  • kellydoughty
    kellydoughty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take boneless skinless chicken ( thinly sliced)season with McCormick Montreal chicken seasoning (both sides)
    Heat pan w/ lil butter& oil seer on each side to browned
    Take out of pan & seer asparagus with S/P 4 minutes
    Put asparagus on top of chicken then put mozzarella cheese on top of asparagus
    Melt cheese....yum
  • SteveinChicago
    SteveinChicago Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If using boneless, skinless breasts, brine them. They'll actually be juicy.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Penzey's spice blends. They have both salt-free and salted blends. Pretty tasty, especially their BBQ rubs, Tandoori and hot curry blends, and Foxpoint (garlic/shallot base).

I also like to make pizza chicken, and it's pretty low in calories - saute thin sliced boneless/skinless breasts, simmer in a crushed tomatoes with garlic/basil/oregano (or use your favorite jarred sauce) until cooked through, top with 3 or 4 thin slices of pepperoni, mushrooms, and a little shredded mozzarella and broil for a minute until everything is melty.
    It also takes about 15 minutes for prep + cooking, which is awesome. We usually have a side of pasta and roasted broccoli with it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I use all sorts, I keep a cupboard full of herbs and spices.

I've got some marinading in the fridge in
    2 tablespoons of balsamic
    1 crushed garlic clove
    A pinch of chilli flakes
    A pinch of garam masala
    A diced onion
    Roughly 100g of sliced mushrooms.
    Roughly 150g Shredded cabbage
    Roughly 60g grated carrot

Ready for my husband to stir fry tonight in a touch of water rather than oil.

Just get inventive with what you have. Crumbled stock cube with a pinch of mixed herbs is a favourite as well.
  • SweetKumquat
    SweetKumquat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to try every single one of these!!