OREOS

Options

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    How about just enjoy them and count them on your daily caloric intake. If you love something why run from it. Just eat responsibly
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Stop being a drama queen is step one.

I'm simply asking for advice.

My advice would be mostly to muster some self control. That's all it takes. Just remember for each one of those cookies, you're putting yourself more at risk to not reach your goals, or making it harder to do it.

No ****.... obviously she is looking for a bit of encouragement to do so. Maybe your comment just struck a nerve like when people say to loose weight just eat less food.... if only things were that simple we would all look like middle linebackers.
  • timl2k11
    timl2k11 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Stop being a drama queen is step one.

I'm simply asking for advice.

My advice would be mostly to muster some self control. That's all it takes. Just remember for each one of those cookies, you're putting yourself more at risk to not reach your goals, or making it harder to do it.

No ****.... obviously she is looking for a bit of encouragement to do so. Maybe your comment just struck a nerve like when people say to loose weight just eat less food.... if only things were that simple we would all look like middle linebackers.
    She asked for advice and she got it. Que Problema?
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Tell your mom to hide them from you!! Lol. My mom does the same exact thing.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Going to respectfully disagree- sue the *hit of out of Nabisco. What they are selling is basically crack; it isn't YOUR fault you can't stop, they shouldn't be putting an inherently dangerous product on the market. I know a good mass torts guy, if you are interested.

Stop trying to make money of the poor girl!
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cut a picture of a bikini model out of a magazine and tape it the bag. When you go to reach for those Oreo's, you are going to see the picture. You aren't going to look like that if you keep eating them.
  • ilookthetype
    Options

Check out the Newbie earning his keep!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    RUN LIKE YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE!
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    In all seriousness; at least half of these suggestions are straight from PRO-ANA sites, get off the forums if you're going to promote that crap.
  • timl2k11
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. Your mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.
  • NonsensicalSteph
    NonsensicalSteph Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I promise you, putting down the oreos is not a difficult task. Put down oreo, pick up an apple/banana/cherries/peach/GOOD FOR YOU FOOD.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't. Eat. Them.
    The End.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Have her hide them if they must be in the house. If I am tempted by something, I read the label first and that usually does it for me. I can put it away easily.

I read the label but I cant resist!
    And the sad thing is she hides them from my dad, and I guess secretly me too, but then I find them!

if she's hiding them from TWO other ppl in the house, then maybe ask her not to bring them INTO the house. if she wants the treat and can have one or two and walk away, then maybe she should just get them at work. hiding them is not not enabling you and your dad eating them, it's just making an excuse.

just ask her very nicely not to bring them in so that you and your dad are not tempted by them.
  • timl2k11
    Options

Check out the Newbie earning his keep!

Who are you calling a newbie? That's, oh, nevermind! :bigsmile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. You mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.
    but can I do this and still lose weight? *wink*
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. You mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.
    but can I do this and still lose weight? *wink*

Obvi!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. Your mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.
    I have done this in the past with pina coladas It really works.
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh, this thread. Seriously, just don't eat them. No drama. No one here can stop your hand from reaching into a bag of cookies. If they are bad for you don't eat them. If you want to be healthy eat healthy food. Yes, sometimes it is hard, but you control you. Don't hunt for trouble.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please stop being so rude. She has to have the oreos, but doesn't want to eat them. Why do you all have to beat up. PLEASE!
    Some real advice. you need to get a boyfriend and move in with him. Then you will only have cookies when you go visit.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please stop being so rude. She has to have the oreos, but doesn't want to eat them. Why do you all have to beat up. PLEASE!
    Some real advice. you need to get a boyfriend and move in with him. Then you will only have cookies when you go visit.

because no one HAS to HAVE any food, she WANTS it and want to be told its okay, if she wants to eat it fine but dont whine about it and try to get people to say its not your fault thats just enabling, eat it and own it and get over it