Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    What's with the creampuffs?
    and Who the f*&k is Kevin?

:joy:

J,
    did you really miss the creampuff thing? A girl had a party and asked an MFP member to stop eating the cream puffs because she didn't have enough for everyone. A cold garage was also involved. Sounded like an awful party....

ETA the girl who had the party may or may not have been @Caporegiem

Oh I didn't miss that, in fact I had a blast with it. I was just being sarcastic or "asking for a newbie". Also I know Kevin pretty well. :D
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP by any means, but I am still pretty new to chit-chat. It's just like high school again... I see the cool kids, I want to be a cool kid, but...
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I'm not new to MFP by any means, but I am still pretty new to chit-chat. It's just like high school again... I see the cool kids, I want to be a cool kid, but...

Its all an illusion. Even the cool kids want to be cool kids, but they don't know they are. Well....maybe some of them do, but not the really cool ones

(Snap! Same number of posts - until I edited to say that. Doh! Nevermind)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

We see this come up a lot. I don’t think there are cool kids so much as people that have known each other for longer. I think I speak for all of us when I say bust in there. Join in!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Newish? Sounds like they just changed their name to Lipshitz.
  • MarineArmyVeteran1978
    Options
    I’m kinda new...be gentle!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

We see this come up a lot. I don’t think there are cool kids so much as people that have known each other for longer. I think I speak for all of us when I say bust in there. Join in!

Yeah this. There are no cool kids....only lame adults. :joy:
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

• MarineArmyVeteran1978
    Options

Welcome. I am being honest when I say you really don't look like the type that people are gonna mess with. You'll probably be welcomed with open arms and..... never mind

...open arms and...??? Thank you!!! (I think)
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

Yeah this. There are no cool kids....only lame adults. :joy:

I got tired of dealing with stupid people (workplace hazard) do I gave up being an adult.

• jjpptt2
    Options

Welcome. I am being honest when I say you really don't look like the type that people are gonna mess with. You'll probably be welcomed with open arms and..... never mind

Just keep us up to date on how many new PMs you get each day and how many request your Kik, Snapchat or other messaging system username :)

Are we supposed to talk regularly about how flooded we are with FRs and how we refuse to accept them based on various snobby criteria?
  • MarineArmyVeteran1978
    Options

Just keep us up to date on how many new PMs you get each day and how many request your Kik, Snapchat or other messaging system username :)

Ha, ok. I don’t have any social media except MFP. I guess I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the heads up...
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Lots of thirsty folks in these threads.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    I remember what it’s like to be new here. It’s intimidating. Everyone seems to have known each other their whole lives. It’s hard to get a sense of the conversational flow. Inside jokes. So many inside jokes.

But stick around. If you’re newish, post here. Get to know other newish people. Ask the locals questions, like “what is up with everyone saying “tallish” anyway?” and “So is he really a stripper or is he actually a cop?” Or even “why do people keep asking my credit score??”

We like new people. So stick around. Don’t try to figure out why no one liked your post and some other rando got like 16 likes for saying ‘Texas’. Ask all your questions and more here. Nothing is off the table.

Wait... we like new people?

I don’t like anyone. Equally.

Maybe I will fit in here...
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    It like everyone!!

Except for vegans.

Tee hee. Just kidding. I don’t like any of you.

Hahaha! You’re the worst
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Uh, I've been here over a year and I still feel like a "new" person given how "tight" people here are and I don't fit into any of the conversations. Which is why I mostly stick to posting memes, cats and photos (not of myself). :wink:
  • MarineArmyVeteran1978
    Options
    It like everyone!!

Except for vegans.

Tee hee. Just kidding. I don’t like any of you.

Hilarious...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    @lstrat115
    Off topic.

I just wanted to say I pmed you a couple (?) Weeks ago. When there was still some questions about pm glitches. I sent one that said Sup, asked your a/s/l and talked about Keto. It was just a test message. :smiley:

Any pm I send (with attachments ), I consider a test message.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Are we supposed to talk regularly about how flooded we are with FRs and how we refuse to accept them based on various snobby criteria?

Dang, I don't think I've ever turned down a friend request..... and only delete people if they haven't posted in 3 or 4 months.