WEEK 2 ~ Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Birthday wishes! It was fabulous!

GO TEAM! :bigsmile:
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Diary complete and under calorie goal
    8 glasses of water and counting
    Swimmers presses done
    Ran 4.1 miles today, took me 51 minutes. I usually run for at least 30 minutes, and sometimes push for 3 miles. So that's definitely an extra mile+.

So, 4.1 miles towards my goal of 25 miles... added to the 3.8 from yesterday. Means I am at 7.9 miles. 17.1 miles left to go. Haven't been able to walk at work, it has been pouring rain outside. It's making this goal particularly challenging... LOL.

SaraRuth you are rocking the miles!! Way to go sista!!
  • song2sing
    Options
    for TUE:

water - 9 glasses
    just over calories (by less than 100 ) - sorry
    no exercise, no presses (yet) - i will try to double up tonight!
    25 qts peach pie and 8 qts blueberry pie filling canned!!!
    (i wasnt 'slouching' - lol)

Noticed that you said you went over your calories, but hadn't worked out yet? Well I imagine that your canning (that is really hard work that you don't do everyday) could be added as food preparation exercise or cleaning, light moderate or vigorous effort, and so probably you were under your calories with the added exercises!

Wowee woo on the peach and blueberry fillings!
    My husband would absolutely love having some homemade goodies around the house!! He has been making fresh fruit smoothies for him and I and has been trying to be careful with what he eats too. But he could use some good old fashioned "mom's recipe" pampering once in awhile! He is our baker, and chef! I definitely do not have these gifts!

Way to go on your full day!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    TYVM song - you were right!! NOW I AM UNDER CALORIE GOAL!! 6+ hours REALLY should county for something!!

I have a question: where do you'all keep this group to log in?
    I mean - i have it saved - then copy and paste to get here (but that of course after i've logged in, so i have to do it in another window) - is there a 'group' that i can add to my something?? lol (i sure hope s/1 understands what i am trying to say.

have a wonderful day all
  • healthymern10
    Options
    posting for 8/9/11

drank all my water, was under calorie goal, did my exercises, and did a 40 min brisk walk which i felt great after. hope everyone is doing well.

:smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • song2sing
    Options
    Skinny Taco Dip

Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1/24th of dip • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g • Protein: 2.2 g • Carb: 4.7 g • Fiber: 0.6 g
    FYI: Baked Tortilla Chips are not included in the nutritional values above

8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
    8 oz reduced fat sour cream
    16 oz jar mild salsa
    1 packet taco seasoning
    2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
    2 large tomatoes, diced
    1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (I sometimes use low moisture part skim mozzarella)
    2.25 oz black olives

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer.
    Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.
    Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
  • song2sing
    Options
    TYVM song - you were right!! NOW I AM UNDER CALORIE GOAL!! 6+ hours REALLY should county for something!!

I mean - i have it saved - then copy and paste to get here (but that of course after i've logged in, so i have to do it in another window) - is there a 'group' that i can add to my something?? lol (i sure hope s/1 understands what i am trying to say.

have a wonderful day all

I save this in my favorites (usually located in the left hand corner of your computer). Then each week a save the new thread. Or I just go and peruse the Captain's profile page and click on her post. Hope this helps!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Just wanted you all to know that the first week goes to THE CURVETTES!
    They had a score last week of 236!!

We had a score of 223 for the week (last week)!!

Remember that you CAN double up or switch and do an exercise on a different day if you need to...you just have to let me know WHAT exercise challenge you are doing and when!!

and also remember, that you MUST come in under calorie goal AND drink 8+ glasses of water to get that point for the day.

As of last night, we have 15 miles towards out 100 miles team challenge for this week!! Pace yourselves ladies!! Don't everybody wait until the weekend to get those miles in!!!!!!

Where's my "beasts" at ????
    GRRRRRRR
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

have a wonderful day all

I save this in my favorites (usually located in the left hand corner of your computer). Then each week a save the new thread. Or I just go and peruse the Captain's profile page and click on her post. Hope this helps!

At the top of the page is a link that says "My Topics". It pulls up the most recent 25 topics you have replied to. Is that what you were looking for?
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm sorry I've been MIA this week. I was rear- ended getting onto the highway the other day and I am fine, but pretty sore. I am back to logging calories, but I haven't worked out in 3 days. I'm so sorry to be messing up the August challenge for all of you- I will post my favorite recipe tonight- keep working hard, everyone!
    Best,
    Deidre
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe:

Lighter Banana Muffins- yield 12 muffins

4 medium bananas, mashed
    1/2 cup splenda
    1 egg
    2 TBSP margarine
    3 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    3/4 cup white flour
    3/4 cup whole wheat flour

Mash the bananas and combine with sugar and egg. Melt margarine and add it to the banana mixture, along with the applesauce. Sift together dry ingredients and stir into the banana mixture. Bake at 350 15-20 minutes. They won't brown because of the splenda, but will spring back when you touch them, when they are finished baking. 113 calories per muffin.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm sorry I've been MIA this week. I was rear- ended getting onto the highway the other day and I am fine, but pretty sore. I am back to logging calories, but I haven't worked out in 3 days. I'm so sorry to be messing up the August challenge for all of you- I will post my favorite recipe tonight- keep working hard, everyone!
    Best,
    Deidre

Most important thing is that you are OK! I hope you heal quickly!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was really angry and upset earlier (family issues), so I went to the gym and took it out on the poor machines. This meant that there are 3 more miles for our 100 mile challenge (on the bike), I did the extra mile for whatever day this week and finished the extra mile from yesterday that I couldn't finish due to rain. I also did my regular workout, ab crunches and the mountain climbers. (I kinda liked those!) And I am up to 10 cups of water so far today and I am sure I will be under my calorie goal for the day.

Now I am just exhausted! (Still not happy, but what are you going to do with family!)
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Please clarify stair climbs. How many steps, etc?
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Under calories - 12 glasses of water and counting - mountain climbers done - crunches done.

Added another 4.1 miles to my total today. 2 miles of walking at work, and 2.1 miles of running just now. That puts me at exactly 12 miles. Another 2 miles and you can start counting everything above 14 towards the group 100 mile goal. :)

Also, scheduled a weekend bike ride with a friend on Sunday morning. If you can let me know where we are at for the 100 miles on Saturday evening? If we are short, I will try and make up as much as I can on my bike on Sunday. :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Hi all,
    Best,
    Deidre

Glad you're okay!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Skinny Taco Dip

Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1/24th of dip • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g • Protein: 2.2 g • Carb: 4.7 g • Fiber: 0.6 g
    FYI: Baked Tortilla Chips are not included in the nutritional values above

8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
    8 oz reduced fat sour cream
    16 oz jar mild salsa
    1 packet taco seasoning
    2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
    2 large tomatoes, diced
    1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (I sometimes use low moisture part skim mozzarella)
    2.25 oz black olives

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer.
    Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.
    Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

YUM!!!!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    50 Crunches CHECK
    50 Mountain Climbers CHECK
    2 Mile Bike Ride CHECK
    Water CHECK
  • song2sing
    Options
    August 10, 2011

~50 Squat Kicks
    ~50 Swimmers Presses
    ~1 Extra Mile
    ~100 Situps
    ~100 Mtn Climbers
    ~100 Jumping Jacks
    ~50 Bicep Curls
    ~8 glasses of water
    ~under calorie goal
    ~C25K midday
    ~25 Leg lifts for the heck of it!

Joyful in the Journey
    ~song2sing
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    50 squat kicks
    50 swimmer's presses
    50 crunches
    50 mountain climbers
    1 extra mile (4 down 6 to go on my 10 mile commitment this week)
    Under calorie count
    10 + glasses of water
    Plus my regular routine
    Not complaining, but I'm really sore! LOL