Anyone Watch my 600-lb life?

Options
2»

Replies

• saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I would also like to recommend watching "Supersize Vs. Superskinny" on youtube. OMG, guilty pleasure.

Another one of my loves! hahah :D
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I watch it whenever I can because it’s a real wakeup call that that could be (and more than likely is :'( ) me. Some of those stories are so sad and shocking, worthy of empathy, while others are just so obviously dumb and make it plain as day that the fatso in question is a true retard in desperate need of a several-day, several-night stay with a shrink, away from their lives, families and loved ones (so I find myself yelling “thank you!” at the screen at those who get one/put themselves in therapy at some point)!
  • korva
    korva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Omg I loved this show, then I saw a SAD one and now I’m scared to watch lol
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I would also like to recommend watching "Supersize Vs. Superskinny" on youtube. OMG, guilty pleasure.

And "fit to fat to fit". Its crazy watching the transition, must be hard on their bodies tho.

How DARE you suggest this wonderful show to me!!! Now i can't stop binge watching it and i'm in love with one of the trainers named Adonis. :(
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    While binge watching fit to fat to fit, I came across another show "Too fat for 15." You guys are ruining my life! I should be sleeping but instead i'm watching youtube.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

And "fit to fat to fit". Its crazy watching the transition, must be hard on their bodies tho.

How DARE you suggest this wonderful show to me!!! Now i can't stop binge watching it and i'm in love with one of the trainers named Adonis. :(

You're welcome!! :lol:
    It's an interesting concept for a show
  • saymyname2
    Options
    korva wrote: »
    Omg I loved this show, then I saw a SAD one and now I’m scared to watch lol

The sad ones for me make it REALLY hit home that my old way of living was NO way to live
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    As much as I like the show, I believe I could do without the bathing scenes and close ups when they're eating. They are human beings after all.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I think I've seen every episode... that and Hoarders.

Hoarders has me cleaning the house....I do not get how these people let themsrlves get to these extremes!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    I enjoy it, and think its very inspiring. I imagine the story of how they got there.

Not all but a good chunk of it is due to sexual abuse

I didnt know that!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've watched it but I find it depressing.
  • saymyname2
    Options
    saymyname2 wrote: »

Haven't seen this one yet i'll have a go tomorrow!

OMG! watched both seasons! that one kicked my *kitten* into high gear love it!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    I enjoy it, and think its very inspiring. I imagine the story of how they got there.

Not all but a good chunk of it is due to sexual abuse

I didnt know that!

It's same thing with drugs ...it's there way to self medicate the pain they went thew .

It can also lead to starving yourself too
  • saymyname2
    Options
    awwww snap guys! found another on youtube!

Fat Doctor. check it out
  • suryoyo85
    suryoyo85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love that show
    Keeps me on the right track

I think it's safe to say , watching morbidly obese ppl eat the wrong foods is a deterrent
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I started watching out of curiosity, then continued out of fear (this is what happens if you don't CHECK YOURSELF!).
    Now I watch it for the excuses, many of which I have used myself, and Dr. Nowzardin's responses. (To paraphrase one for example: Unfortunately, there is always going to be stress in life. You need to find a less self-destructive way of dealing with it.)

I get a chuckle when I am doing my cardio and silently whining, because it's so HARD, because then I say the "My 600 lb Life" mantra to myself,

"I didn't know it would be so hard!"

(I think I am going to get a T-shirt that says that.)

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I watch it like some people watch a train wreck.... fascinated and a little horrified... I suppose I could find it inspiring.. . . . the denial some of those people are in at first amazes me.
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I find this show depressing.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like the show, but don't watch it very often. I do wish they would do follow-up shows with the people's progress. I think that would be interesting and motivating.