Non-Embarrassing/Discreet Office Work Outs

Options
I'm in the office ALL day, I also have an hour commute each way... Anyone have some good work out ideas/tips that I can use while I'm at work/ the car? Looking for ideas that are discreet where I don't have to lay a yoga mat on my office floor..

Thanks Fitness Pals!!

Replies

• laitae
    laitae Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm curious to know that too, sitting in the office the whole day kills me! I do go for walks on my breaks, so maybe you could do that too?
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    kiegels.
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    straight leg circles! easy to do under your desk :]
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    GREAT question! Also one I'm looking for the answer too!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump.............. in a chair from 8 AM to 5 PM --- makes me feel so fat and lazy.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Try those mini or portable ellipticals that you can put under your desk. They're pretty silent, and you can put them under your desk. Or maybe you can try ankle weights and wrist weights throughout the day. I love ankle weights while sitting, so I can do some easy weight lifting while sitting!
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    They have those bike pedals you can put under your desk... or you can grab a hot coworker and find a convienent closet...
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    They have those bike pedals you can put under your desk... or you can grab a hot coworker and find a convienent closet...

OMG that is HILARIOUS! (coworker)
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I usually squeeze my butt muscles while I sit at my desk all day hahaha
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Can you go for a walk before work or after work or even during your lunch break... you can do some toning exercises but can't get your cardio at work.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    I love the hot co-worker idea. :-) It sounds much better than weights. :-)
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I do air punches 100 straight out 100 up over your head about 3 times a day and I go through this list of ten in the am and once in the pm

and here is a list of 10 that are easily done at your desk

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/exercise-at-work/10-office-exercises-you-can-do-secretly.htm
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have one of those bike thingies under my desk. I love it. I also have a ball chair- A yoga ball on a chair. Not discreet, but I do take it out of its frame so I can do stretches on it. Also- the stairwell. I hide in the stairwell to do my pushups and other exercises. I swear, no one here *ever* uses the stairs!
  • julzmm
    julzmm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    try running up a few flights of stairs, if you need the loo, go to one on a different floor!
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    I close my office door and draw the blinds and do 30DS. I have a mini tv/radio. It works out great. I don't have to take time away from being a mom/wife. I also have an hour commute that royally sucks *kitten*.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I posted a thread on this topic back in June (it was a slow day at work then!). Some of these are more discreet than others...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/272733-cubicle-exercises
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    In my desk are walking weights, resistance band, MP3 player, tennis shoes, and DVDs. I like to walk during my lunch hour but 90° weather makes it impossible many days. Walking DVDs are great (Leslie Sansone). Look at samples on ExerciseTV.com. Start! Walking or Cardio Slimdown are free.

I also use a DVD called Total Body Challenge: Walk - it's walking with resistance band toning mixed in - there are upper, lower and ab workouts (the ab "mile" is NOT doable at work). The great thing about walking workouts - you can always use your own music.