Would anyone be interested in a N.E.A.T Calorie Burn Group

Options
I don't know about many of you, but I have a lot to lose. I'm also having difficulty finding time to work out. I recently read this article about increasing Daily N.E.A.T (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenisis) Where we could come up with ideas and have NEAT Challenges (ie climbing 10 flights of stairs every day. Or Dancing in the bathroom for 5minutes every day)

Some of us are desk jockies and finding time to move is hard. I'm trying to drop the attitude of "All or Nothing" and going with "Something is more than Nothing" and a lot of somethings add up over time.

Anyone interested?

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I like the idea.
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im down
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    For sure, count me in I am sure the answer to all our problems is move more. Look at children and young adults that are not tied to desks all day .. Better posture, Better calorie burn, clearer minds .... even the disctraction of moving and not sitting means they subconsciously avoid the need to snack.

I am so in for a NEAT group
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Me too, good idea :)
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I’m in
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like the idea.
  • kingst13
    kingst13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I struggle to find enough time for a substantial workout, but could easily do something over nothing.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sauce! I'm Slammed at work right now but I'll try to set up this group and post on here when it's done. Stay tuned and check your notifications! I will add everyone's name that responded in a post so you know where to find the group! :)
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?
  • ryant618
    ryant618 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Desk job here.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • mistypenningtongoin
    mistypenningtongoin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sign me up.
  • TimeForJade
    TimeForJade Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m in! This is a fantastic idea. I have a ton to lose as well, sign me up :)
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in also.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    I don't know about many of you, but I have a lot to lose. I'm also having difficulty finding time to work out. I recently read this article about increasing Daily N.E.A.T (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenisis) Where we could come up with ideas and have NEAT Challenges (ie climbing 10 flights of stairs every day. Or Dancing in the bathroom for 5minutes every day)

Some of us are desk jockies and finding time to move is hard. I'm trying to drop the attitude of "All or Nothing" and going with "Something is more than Nothing" and a lot of somethings add up over time.

Anyone interested?

What happened to the NEAT group. Did you create one?
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ever since I saw the mention in a post in one of the board's here, and read up on the concept, I have been almost non-stop stop pacing and fidgeting so I hope this does get up and running. I need more ideas!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Cool...made a huge difference accounting for this (mostly not undereating/stressing about eating too much).
    I feel like I'm in some damn clinical trial demonstrating NEAT due to my job schedule: standing about 14hours/day for an entire week straight rotated with 1 week of standing/laying down as I choose (burn less kcals in this time despite actively exercising about 2 hours/day vs. 40 mins or so during work weeks).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »
    Ever since I saw the mention in a post in one of the board's here, and read up on the concept, I have been almost non-stop stop pacing and fidgeting so I hope this does get up and running. I need more ideas!

There have been discussion threads here in the past with ideas. This is one:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »

Anyone interested?

What happened to the NEAT group. Did you create one?

I got started and then got side tracked I'll share a link shortly.