Be honest...we’re anonymous

Options
124»

Replies

• aquariusvsworld
    aquariusvsworld Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We're in a hook up era. There is always a possibility of a hookup becoming something more. Yet if that isn't what you want, that's fine. Just be you from the get-go starting with your profile so that they know whether or not you're on the same page. I met my ex online, by accident and he lived across the continent, so I think the hookup part was obvious by the time we seen each other. I've been on a few dates since then, but I haven't found that any of them were interested in just hooking up. Put out the right vibes and they will return to you. Good Luck!

I totally agree with this. To add more; I feel the dating culture has really shifted to "bang first get to know later". When I got out of my relationship, I decided to start actively dating six months later. I tried a few dating apps/sites and a majority of guys I came across were strictly looking for hook ups (some very honest about it) and others who acted like they wanted more but really the end goal was to get the booty. Countless dates and text exchanges, a few misleads, I finally gave up and deleted my profile. It just gets old.
    I honestly feel like if you are firm about not wanting to hook up and stand your ground on that you'll find someone whose got the same mindset and hopefully your good vibes bring the right person into your life.

Good luck out there!

** Edit** Not to say that men are the only ones looking to hook up. There's females out there that are solely looking for that as well. That's fine, no judgement. It's always nice when that's advertised first.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Been single for many years tried the online dating *kitten* and will never do it again. I feel like the quality of guys on there are not up to my standards or really up to anyone’s
    But then again maybe if you try a site you have to pay for t weeds out the iffy ones?
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings I love your shirt in your pp. Love me some Led Zep.

Thank you @MichSmish :)
    It's an original from its time... an amazing thrift shop find!
  • Ready2befithealthy
    Ready2befithealthy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just want someone that I can fall for and to take me as I am...but until I find that person I will dig through the junk and probably in turn really get to know myself as a single gal. Which isn’t a bad thing...as long as I don’t get a cat obsession or something lol.

I’d much rather be single then with the wrong person...been there done that.

Wishing you all success on finding your happiness. <3
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I just want someone that I can fall for and to take me as I am...but until I find that person I will dig through the junk and probably in turn really get to know myself as a single gal. Which isn’t a bad thing...as long as I don’t get a cat obsession or something lol.

Can always find some hobbies instead of becoming a cat lady. Some would be good for the kids too. :)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings I love your shirt in your pp. Love me some Led Zep.

Thank you @MichSmish :)
    It's an original from its time... an amazing thrift shop find!

Nice!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options

heyyyy now, nothing wrong with a cat obsession!

But, for the record, becoming a crazy horse lady is just as useful....
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Alright I hope I get a glimmer of hope in this thread...

So I am recently single and I’m trying to get back into the dating world as a lot of you can relate. Seems like everyone just wants a hook up. Ugh! For you that are out there on dating sites is that your sole reason for being out there or are you looking for something more meaningful?

No judgement just curious. B)

As a male I use a site in hopes to find something more meaningful. women have such a larger pool of dating choices than men on these sites. I believe with the increased volume compared to men you will have more individuals looking for hook up.

Also, a lot of people look over people that start conversations with hello or a normal greeting. Women looking for something more elaborate. Something that sticks out in this immense dating pool. A friend showed me and I was shocked

I know a lot is wrong on both sides and both influence the other.

I think I read a comment that said they won’t even read what guys say which is silly. Insights can be gained from both sides

I’d put effort in conversations with people that are not obviously coming off as if they want a hook up.