Miracle Noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• laurstarks
    laurstarks Posts: 35
    Options
    i would try tofu shirataki noodies, because they seem to be more accessible. plus, i'm very skeptical that there are zeros across the board on the nutrition facts. seems too good to be true.

the tofu noodles are still very low cal/carb. one serving is 20 calories, .5 grams of fat, and 3 grams of carbs. they're not very expensive, so if you try them and hate them, you won't have wasted your money and time on something that has to be ordered online. i have yet to try them, but i'm curious.

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=366556
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    LOVE EM
  • bubbab666
    Options
    plastic has no calories.
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    Compared to real noodles - no. Not that great. But as satisfying filler - yes, I think they are totally worth it. If I could only choose shiritaki or a 'salad' as dinner filler... 99% of the the time, I'd go for the shiritaki.

You will, however, need to experiment a bit to find the best way to serve them for you. They are a bit rubbery and have no taste, so I prefer them with very strong sauce dishes. Usually curry/peanut stir fry. I also like them best when I make it the night before and eat it as a cold noodle dish the next day after it's been sitting in that strong sauce... but I don't always wait.