Scale stuck for 3 weeks

Options
Have been sticking to 1300 most days. Working out at least an hour a day. This sucks. Doing hard workouts too. Intervals and weights and new cardio

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    mochamommy wrote: »
    Do I need to work out three hours a day instead of two
    Refresh the page and see the answers you've already gotten.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I got stuck for two weeks myself recently. Hormones, water weight, too much sodium... it’s difficult to relax about it (I know that all too well) but have faith in the system. As long as you are logging everything accurately and sticking to your calorie allowance, the fat is burning away but likely being masked by extra water etc. I got really fed up until I examined my diary properly, realised I was way over on the sodium intake, cut that out, got my period, and whooshed 3lb in two days. Good luck!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I also frequently stall for 2-3 weeks a month, and then see a “whoosh”.
    Its tough to be patient for several weeks, but if you’re logging accurately you just have to trust that and wait it out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    mochamommy wrote: »
    Do I need to work out three hours a day instead of two

No, losing weight is all about food intake, i.e taking in less calories than you burn. 2hrs a day seems excessive as it is for exercise without thinking of increasing it further.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself at the same time of day, with the same amount of clothes on?
    What does your typical day of food look like? Is 1300 your gross or net calories?
    Rest is very important to your body's ability to function properly, both physically and emotionally. You need to get more sleep or you will eventually crash.
    You do not need to increase workouts. If anything, you may need to cut back a little.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So cut one of the hours at the gym? What are you doing for those two hours, and what are your fitness goals?
    A barre/ lifting/ or other class for an hour then an hour cardio.