Scale stuck for 3 weeks

Options

Replies

• Shortie0987
    Shortie0987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lost a significant amount of weight in the past and I had a few stalls like this. But it usually would result in a bigger loss once your body is done taking a break.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Your post says the scale is stuck. You say you are eating 1300 calories....and workout 2 hours a

Finally, cutting back on the classes and training time will probably put more money in your pocket which will go a long way to further reducing your stress and giving you energy to find other economic and temporal efficiencies.

My gym memberships are only 25 a month through work.
  • mochamommy
    Options
    Your post says the scale is stuck. You say you are eating 1300 calories....and workout 2 hours a day. Before going into anything else, and without looking at your stats....you haven't mentioned them. I would be shocked if 1300 isn't an adequate or even extreme deficit. The scale is not moving because either:
    1) you are holding water due to added stress (likely),
    2) you are eating more than you think (also probably likely) or
    3) Both

Working out more is not going to be the answer here. You have not mentioned your height, current weight, goal weight or age. So there is no way to tell where your deficit is. Perhaps you can provide those. Nobody has to work out more than even 1 hour in a day to lose weight (or even at all for that matter). You just have to eat less than you burn.

Stress = hormone reaction, water retention, some (minor) metabolism slowing and all kinds of bad things. Adding more workout and less sleep will only exacerbate that. Furthermore, if you do lose the weight you want when you do that stuff, will you be able to keep it up during maintenance? How would you know?

Lastly, you're going to have to prioritize. I would put sleep above working out and above cleaning up. If you are working out, sleep is where the magic happens. That's when muscles recover (and build if you're doing that).

Please take the sensible advice offered on this thread - even if it's not mine. Best wishes to you.
    Height 5’6.5” ish. One dr says I’m. 5”7’ one says 5’6. 1/2
    Weight 151. Will not drop damn it
    Goal weight 140
    Age 45

• mochamommy
    Options
    BMR is a pathetic 1346.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    mochamommy wrote: »
    Your post says the scale is stuck. You say you are eating 1300 calories....and workout 2 hours a day. Before going into anything else, and without looking at your stats....you haven't mentioned them. I would be shocked if 1300 isn't an adequate or even extreme deficit. The scale is not moving because either:
    1) you are holding water due to added stress (likely),
    2) you are eating more than you think (also probably likely) or
    3) Both

Working out more is not going to be the answer here. You have not mentioned your height, current weight, goal weight or age. So there is no way to tell where your deficit is. Perhaps you can provide those. Nobody has to work out more than even 1 hour in a day to lose weight (or even at all for that matter). You just have to eat less than you burn.

Stress = hormone reaction, water retention, some (minor) metabolism slowing and all kinds of bad things. Adding more workout and less sleep will only exacerbate that. Furthermore, if you do lose the weight you want when you do that stuff, will you be able to keep it up during maintenance? How would you know?

Lastly, you're going to have to prioritize. I would put sleep above working out and above cleaning up. If you are working out, sleep is where the magic happens. That's when muscles recover (and build if you're doing that).

Please take the sensible advice offered on this thread - even if it's not mine. Best wishes to you.
    Height 5’6.5” ish. One dr says I’m. 5”7’ one says 5’6. 1/2
    Weight 151. Will not drop damn it
    Goal weight 140
    Age 45

That's a healthy weight.

Why do you want to lose weight? Is there a specific health concern that will benefit from going from a high normal/healthy weight to a lower weight?
  • amlelas68
    amlelas68 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was not loosing weigh for a few weeks as well. But it finally snapped and down 2 pounds now. If you have not done so i recommend also taking your measurements so you have more than one way to measure your success.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    How about drop the gym membership and classes, and just go for a walk for 1/2 hour or an hour a day? Do it with your family and you'll get more family time. You will eventually crash and burn at the rate you are going.