The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    morning! great group! :smile:
  • BestDessert
    BestDessert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how exactly you add friends? Do you have to message each person you wish to add? I'm hoping to find new friends to encourage and motivate me and to do the same for them. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how exactly you add friends? Do you have to message each person you wish to add? I'm hoping to find new friends to encourage and motivate me and to do the same for them. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

If you are using the website (not the app) click on username, a screen pops up, click on username again takes you to their page and then click add. Be sure to put a little note in before sending. Most people will only accept that way.

BTW - there is currently a glitch that if you message someone you are not friends with they are not receiving the message, but if they message you after you messaged them it fixes it. You just need to let them know that you sent them a message.
  • BestDessert
    BestDessert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much!!
  • waytoofat3
    waytoofat3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    48 here ,trying to lose 70lbs.Not my first rodeo on here but this one will be more successful than the last.Add me if you like
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Hmm, me and my MFP friend have been discussing the minimum cut-off age for this group. What's middle aged? Late 30s sounds fair, but there are one or two 30 year olds in this thread! B)

I've seen some even younger than that!
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    New to this and 48, looking for some encouragement. I am working hard and seeing results so far.... feel free to add me.
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    38 here! started out really strong in January, this month has been crappy. will go full force again in April. 25 pounds down since 1/1/18. add away!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
  • Sarahlouise5A
    Sarahlouise5A Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies, anyone have exciting plans for Easter? I plan on working out, relaxing and eating a big *kitten* bag of mini eggs lol

I ate an Easter egg today so going to work out extra hard all weekend

• Najacita
    Najacita Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 and have lost 28 lbs since I decided to kick my sugar addiction to the curb on New Years Day. Now I am feeling so much better, with clearer skin and fitting clothes I haven't worn in years. Reach out if you need a buddy!
  • daltwalt
    daltwalt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    48 and trying to get serious about a healthy lifestyle change. Working on kicking sugar and processed food. Would love to connect to stay motivated Feel free to add me.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    irie4200 wrote: »
    Hey all!! I’ve done really good today on my calorie budget! Now I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and going to a group fitness class. I always feel self conscious at these but I’m building a new me with new habits so wish me luck! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I post awesome food pictures and am somewhat humorous, I will be your biggest cheerleader

Good luck hope you class gose well.
  • EricL1144
    EricL1144 Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • Ketome1
    Ketome1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey turned 40 last week need to add friends!! Doing a 30 day fast starting April 2!!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So many new 30s 40s 50s did not know us over the hill people work out so much lol good luck all
  • mr_bob_1974
    mr_bob_1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    43 here. 70lbs down, and would love to lose another 40 more to finally be at a healthy weight. The more I lose the harder it gets :neutral: Would love to make some new friends with guys my age or older.
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I’m 50. I’ve been here about 6 weeks. The logging is going pretty well.
    SW: 216
    CW: 199
    GW: 190
    UGW: 178