Artificial Sweetners-Gum and Diet Pop

Options

Replies

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I keep a case of Diet Pepsi in my office. I drink 2 a day and occasionally use sugar-free water flavoring drops to keep things interesting. I rarely drink soda in the evening, because I go to bed early and find the caffeine keeps me up.
  • dmz1983
    dmz1983 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Stevia drops my blood pressure. My pressure runs low naturally. It is also a diuretic. I know all artificial sweetners can have that effect with urination but it's profound with Stevia. My husband can use it with no problems. Although aspartame or splenda will cause me to urinate more frequently, its not near the effect of Stevia.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I noticed that every time I had artificial sweeteners a migraine followed so I try to avoid them. I don't have any other reason.
    I mostly drink unsweetened drinks. I don't eat a lot of packaged sweets and use regular sugar or honey in my home to sweeten things.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Stevia has a horrible bitter aftertaste I can't stand. I use Splenda and aspartame on a regular (several times a day) basis. I have T2DM and neither one affects my blood sugar in any way (I don't know what it does to my blood pressure, though.) And I lost 8 lbs in March, even though my MFP account is set to 0.5 lbs/week.

Since everyone's body tolerates different things differently, try other sweeteners for a while, weed out the sweeteners you can't tolerate.