The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Snowing here where is spring. Guess we will be on the treadmill toady or maybe cross country skiing. good luck to all have a good week

Good morning!

Sorry it is snowing there. I guess I won't rub it in that we were in the 70s yesterday and I had some windows open to let the fresh air in. :D:p

Enjoy that treadmill my friend. :*

My apologies too, but I have to say it's 29C here, which is about 84F, so definitely not snowing. The only thing I know about snow is on the news and in my childhood story books.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'll be 39 next month, so I guess I belong here. :) I've lost 22 pounds this year and have 14 to go to be at my happy weight. I hope to get there before swimsuit season is in full swing! But it's supposed to be 77 in Nashville tomorrow, so it might be here before I know it!
  • OliverRaningerVegan
    OliverRaningerVegan Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GB333 wrote: »
    Hello!! I'll be 39 next month, so I guess I belong here. :) I've lost 22 pounds this year and have 14 to go to be at my happy weight. I hope to get there before swimsuit season is in full swing! But it's supposed to be 77 in Nashville tomorrow, so it might be here before I know it!

Gratulation. a great job
  • RobbL74
    RobbL74 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    43, Divorced and no kids (Until last December). I found out I have a 20 year old daughter I never knew about who is now having a baby of her own. Long rough story for her but we have come together and now I realize I have more to be healthy and ensure I live a long life for daughter who we are making up for lost time. I mean I still laugh, adventure and maybe even party but now I am doing it a bit smarter? So life really does start in your middle ages lol. Add me if you want a fun loving guy to chat with and enjoy this healthy adventure with.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    GB333 wrote: »

AWESOME job!!!! So jealous of your weather!!!!!
  • tjyates3
    tjyates3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I’ll be 40 in two short weeks, but I feel like I’m in my twenties as far as my physical fitness and energy levels, etc. Still about 15 pounds from my goal weight, but im down 50+ pounds over the last couple years. Any advice for what to expect or prepare for once I’m officially in the 40 club?
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    tjyates3 wrote: »
    I’ll be 40 in two short weeks, but I feel like I’m in my twenties as far as my physical fitness and energy levels, etc. Still about 15 pounds from my goal weight, but im down 50+ pounds over the last couple years. Any advice for what to expect or prepare for once I’m officially in the 40 club?

Everybody is different. You already state you feel like your twenties, so that doesn't have to change overnight. I'm 52, and people say I look young. Some people 10 years younger than me are sick and dying, and other people are living to 90 and still healthy and active.

So really, there's no standard advice we can give on what to expect or prepare for.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all of you! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. I knew I was going to have a gain today, but boy, it was a bit more than I expected! First one, I've had since I started in mid-January! I plan on it being gone by weigh-in next Monday! Started out this am, weighing and measuring my breakfast, logging and have got a plan for dinner! Going out to lunch but I've got that already figured out! Not going to let this "setback" get to me. I knew what I was doing and there was going to be a gain. The important thing to me-is I am not making excuses and getting back on track. In the past, I would throw my hands up and say, "What's the point, I gained weight back might as well quit." I have a whole different mind set this time around and I'm not going to do that! I thank all of you on this site for your stories, sharing and support! It makes this journey easier, knowing that I'm not alone it! :)
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    RobbL74 wrote: »
    43, Divorced and no kids (Until last December). I found out I have a 20 year old daughter I never knew about who is now having a baby of her own. Long rough story for her but we have come together and now I realize I have more to be healthy and ensure I live a long life for daughter who we are making up for lost time. I mean I still laugh, adventure and maybe even party but now I am doing it a bit smarter? So life really does start in your middle ages lol. Add me if you want a fun loving guy to chat with and enjoy this healthy adventure with.

Welcome. Just sent you a FR :)
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    tjyates3 wrote: »

Prepare for everything to sag. And I mean everything.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    CajunTess wrote: »
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Hmm, me and my MFP friend have been discussing the minimum cut-off age for this group. What's middle aged? Late 30s sounds fair, but there are one or two 30 year olds in this thread! B)

I've seen some even younger than that!

I'm 33 next month. I was kinda thinking 38+

That said, the middle agers seem to be a slightly friendlier bunch who perhaps take themselves a little less seriously than some of my millenial peers.

By the time you're knocking on 50...you can't take life too seriously.
  • MrRicoH77
    MrRicoH77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just turned 41, gotta get motivated... add me, lets compete!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    How do we add a friend from here?? From a phone app?
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    So I changed my password after the data breach...not really much info to steal here. I was hoping they would steal a couple of pounds or some calories, but it's all still there. :D

HAHAHA, same here Tess!!!!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    2aycocks wrote: »
    How do we add a friend from here?? From a phone app?

Click on the person's name then click on her name again then click on the letter and you can send a friend request I hope that's right lol good luck that's for an Android
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    So I changed my password after the data breach...not really much info to steal here. I was hoping they would steal a couple of pounds or some calories, but it's all still there. :D

They would be very disappointed if they stole my info LOL
  • eamonmcmanus36
    eamonmcmanus36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    36 and struggling to get my body back
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    36 and struggling to get my body back

Why? Most people on here are trying to lose something!! :)
  • mathylda
    mathylda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So, I've had this app for a month or two but I only found out about the community part a couple weeks ago. I figure I should stop lurking and say hi. So....hi lol
    I'm a Canuck in my mid forties and I'm trying to lose a good chunk of weight. I'm trying to do this while dealing with Fibromyalgia, which I've had for over 23 years now, and various other things. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)