Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    OK. I’m committing to a dry April. Monday the 2nd we’re driving to Houston for the Astros home opener after their World Series win. I’ve loved them since they were the Colt 45s. But there will ALWAYS be an occasion to celebrate. And that’s a good thing and means I have a rich life for which I’m thankful. But alcohol needs to go. I can’t deny that and am freaking sick of dancing with it. Im just announcing to you friends I’ve made here that my intention is for a dry April. Im scared but think I can do it. xoxo. And also if I post any rationalizations during April I would appreciate any gentle reminders to go back and read this post. I feel like I did as a kid on the high dive.

GO ASTROS!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    sarahbums wrote: »
    trying to decide if i want to go ahead and get my bottle of pinot grigio tomorrow after the gym & my therapy appt, or if i wanna wait until the weekend, since my birthday (the big 25 :o ) is Saturday and I know I'm gonna want a little somethin' somethin' then. Decisions, decisions...

Weekend.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    @JulieAL1969
    Pukka Tea??? Haha the ingredients sound devine, but that name?? :p:p

@ksaghy I know what you mean about been drinking forever. I started when I was 18 also. It used to be legal to buy what we called 3.2 beer at 18 and also go to the bars way back then. Lots of college puking memories. We sure could have used that Pukka Tea, right Julie? I probably drink more frequently these days, but thank God that it's been years and years since I remember puking.
  • wigi41
    wigi41 Posts: 42 Member
    @JulieAL1969, let me know what you think of that pukka rose tea! I have the detox, which I love, and the cleanse, which is okay, and the three ginger, which is pretty good too. I have looked at the Rose one but haven't bought it yet, would love to hear your thoughts about it!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    @wigi41 Love it. You should submit to advertising department of a tea company.
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    sarahbums wrote: »
    trying to decide if i want to go ahead and get my bottle of pinot grigio tomorrow after the gym & my therapy appt, or if i wanna wait until the weekend, since my birthday (the big 25 :o ) is Saturday and I know I'm gonna want a little somethin' somethin' then. Decisions, decisions...

Wait and maybe you'll want something else: a massage to celebrate, or a facial... there are options.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    wigi41 wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969, let me know what you think of that pukka rose tea! I have the detox, which I love, and the cleanse, which is okay, and the three ginger, which is pretty good too. I have looked at the Rose one but haven't bought it yet, would love to hear your thoughts about it!

I have the Pukka RELAX and it's not my favorite. But the LOVE tea is really good. I like it! And the box and design is pretty too.
  • wigi41
    wigi41 Posts: 42 Member
    Oh, that's what I meant, the love tea. Ok, thanks, I think I will give that one a try! (I love the box, too. The three ginger tea box is pretty, as well :)).