Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've moved a couple of hills since following this group, time to go for a mountain!

Love this! Captures exactly how I feel too. March was a good start but time to go for a mountain :-)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I’m in Mexico!! Hard to resist the margaritas and Coronas but trying to moderate. I brought some Pukka tea bags and I’ve been cold brewing them and drinking the tea by the pool and it’s been great! Highly recommend. I have the vanilla chamomile one and it’s great cold.

Hope you have a great time! I was there last week and it was beautiful!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Haven't had a drop since March 15th and have committed to keep going until my godchild's wedding in mid-July. Putting my running and strength training fist!

I'm like you. I need something to work towards. Happy you are working on your running and strength training. Great job on 19 days being AF
  • sdogg626
    sdogg626 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    SD1957 wrote: »
    I mark an X on my calendar on my AF days. I aim for at least 2 days a week - it's a visual I can look at to see where I am on any given day. Sometimes I falter and go 3-4 days the following week.

I do this too! I was AF 18 out of 31 days in March, aiming higher for April! Also, I wish I loved tea the way some of you do, I just find it boring :/
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love trying different sparkling waters and tea too. Often, it's just the act of having something in your hand that helps stop the cravings.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    sdogg626 wrote: »
    I mark an X on my calendar on my AF days. I aim for at least 2 days a week - it's a visual I can look at to see where I am on any given day. Sometimes I falter and go 3-4 days the following week.

I do this too! I was AF 18 out of 31 days in March, aiming higher for April! Also, I wish I loved tea the way some of you do, I just find it boring :/

I am with you, I don’t get the tea thing at all. And for something I dont get it seems like a waste to spend money buying a bunch of it hoping I do like one. I LOVE coffee but I cant have that at night or I will never sleep. It’s basically just water for me on my days I dont drink
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    ali3boys wrote: »
    Just dropped off my company at the airport this morning. Made it through lent AF... :) Really proud of myself; I was scared I might not make it. Honestly, I would probably still be AF, but I felt guilty for my hubby. He was very supportive for lent, but I felt like I was ruining his holiday by not joining him. He never said anything, just a feeling I felt. So I had a Mimosa with him and milked it as long as I could before I had another. In the passed we had no problem polishing off a bottle. I quickly switched back to coffee after my second flute because I was really starting to feel buzzed. Made me feel better, but I think he was a little surprised I did that. Ugh :| and what's really weird too is everyone who supported me through lent can't wait for me to get my drink on with them... And I have no desire to do that. I don't think hubby or friends see that this is more then lent to me ... It makes me a little nervous :| where this is going.

Maybe you weren't clear about it with them and so they think that YOU can't wait to get your drink on now that lent is over? I really don't know, just a possible thought. At any rate, congrats on making it through 40 days. I am sure you can keep it going!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    ali3boys wrote: »
    Just dropped off my company at the airport this morning. Made it through lent AF... :) Really proud of myself; I was scared I might not make it. Honestly, I would probably still be AF, but I felt guilty for my hubby. He was very supportive for lent, but I felt like I was ruining his holiday by not joining him. He never said anything, just a feeling I felt. So I had a Mimosa with him and milked it as long as I could before I had another. In the passed we had no problem polishing off a bottle. I quickly switched back to coffee after my second flute because I was really starting to feel buzzed. Made me feel better, but I think he was a little surprised I did that. Ugh :| and what's really weird too is everyone who supported me through lent can't wait for me to get my drink on with them... And I have no desire to do that. I don't think hubby or friends see that this is more then lent to me ... It makes me a little nervous :| where this is going.

Good for you! It is a tough choice and dealing with the people around you is not easy. If quitting feels right to you then just do it. It is so much better for your health. You don't need to explain to people any more than that. As far as your husband goes...he may just get on the bandwagon with you if he sees you not drinking. Mine did.
    I read a book called This Naked Mind by Annie Grace...Totally changed how I think about alcohol. It would be a good read for you too from based on what you have said.
    Keep up the good work and be strong!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    sdogg626 wrote: »

I am with you, I don’t get the tea thing at all. And for something I dont get it seems like a waste to spend money buying a bunch of it hoping I do like one. I LOVE coffee but I cant have that at night or I will never sleep. It’s basically just water for me on my days I dont drink

I like Alpine spiced apple cider. Pre-mixed packets, just add hot water. I also add cinnamon. They are only 90 calories. Just a thought cuz water gets boring. :)