Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    New reading material for us. The Recovering: Intoxication and its Aftermath. New book out - saw a review in USA Today.
    Check out this article from USA TODAY:

'The Recovering': One young writer's intoxicating journey to sobriety

https://usat.ly/2q4v4BF
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Dang! April 3 and already 8 pages!! Just checked out of the March thread...Had 12 AF days. Didn't quite meet my goal but had a bit of progress.

Moving on to April...I really want to be AF. So that's my goal starting yesterday. I did drink on Sunday because I was at a horse show, and, well why not? LOL! I just can't moderate. One day leads to 5. Even if it is just a glass or two. I don't get drunk (only on a very rare occasion). Anyway..day 2 of being awesome!!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    xcjumper wrote: »
    Dang! April 3 and already 8 pages!! Just checked out of the March thread...Had 12 AF days. Didn't quite meet my goal but had a bit of progress.

Moving on to April...I really want to be AF. So that's my goal starting yesterday. I did drink on Sunday because I was at a horse show, and, well why not? LOL! I just can't moderate. One day leads to 5. Even if it is just a glass or two. I don't get drunk (only on a very rare occasion). Anyway..day 2 of being awesome!!

So happy for you! Here's to an awesome month!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    i caved and went ahead and bought my weekly bottle of vino today, but i've stuck to my 2-glass limit and now the rest is out of sight, out of mind- at least until Friday night.

To keep myself occupied I also picked up a pint of no-sugar-added blue bell ice cream, (seriously, it's 100x better than halo top, for all you non-southerners who've never had it!) and I downloaded a brand new book of poems by one of my favorite writers. I think that'll be enough to keep me busy and away from the sauce tonight.

Happy Reading! Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    mskg20 wrote: »
    Yay I was just thinking about this the other day how I want to go all April with no alcohol. No beer no wine no nothing!

Some of us like Dry January app where you can keep track on a calendar your AF days. Happy to hear from you!
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use the Dry January app also. I like it but I also like the stickers on the calendar idea!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    New reading material for us. The Recovering: Intoxication and its Aftermath. New book out - saw a review in USA Today.
    Check out this article from USA TODAY:

'The Recovering': One young writer's intoxicating journey to sobriety

https://usat.ly/2q4v4BF

This looks interesting!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    Feeling worried about tomorrow - going to an art show with coworkers, then out to dinner for a good friends 40th Birthday! normally I’d be drinking at each event. Thankfully my friends are rooting for me so I’ll have their support!

You've got this! Especially with the support of good friends! You don't have to drink to impress your coworkers, and not drinking at the art show will be a validation that your friends have always been right about you. You are worth it!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    sdogg626 wrote: »
    SD1957 wrote: »
    I mark an X on my calendar on my AF days. I aim for at least 2 days a week - it's a visual I can look at to see where I am on any given day. Sometimes I falter and go 3-4 days the following week.

I do this too! I was AF 18 out of 31 days in March, aiming higher for April! Also, I wish I loved tea the way some of you do, I just find it boring :/

I am with you, I don’t get the tea thing at all. And for something I dont get it seems like a waste to spend money buying a bunch of it hoping I do like one. I LOVE coffee but I cant have that at night or I will never sleep. It’s basically just water for me on my days I dont drink

Haha :D your funny, i bet if i told u a fact abt coffee , what its doing to u and u see it is.. i bet youll find a way out of it.. ;):p

There r really nice teas that kind of has the same taste as coffee like rooibos and there's another ..Russian caravan or u could try chi tea thats * curl- a- mo* ;) fruit tea is yum too..
  • Alzzi76
    edited April 2018
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    Feeling worried about tomorrow - going to an art show with coworkers, then out to dinner for a good friends 40th Birthday! normally I’d be drinking at each event. Thankfully my friends are rooting for me so I’ll have their support!

Thanks for sharing, we now can support u.. as a suggestion, what if u have a cup of water to every alcohol u have to have ;) then ull be not feeling as incline to have as much.. it will fill u up and slow your drinking down. Another suggestion.. u could do is to add lemonade or coke whatever your base is and keep drinking the same drink just diluted..
    I wish u all the best and i luv to hear how u went.. u can do it :)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Hello, friends! I just got back from Target where the wine witch was trying to get me to buy a bottle. I shut her up with an Americano from Starbucks and then walked down the wine aisle without buying anything, just to show her who was boss ;-) Tomorrow is Day 75 <3

Wow 75 days... u put me to shame... Congratulations that is awesome!! And,.. u r showing signs of stength, turning away from that sales women. A big Well done!! B)o:)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I assuaged my anxiety with cupcakes. Peace, Everyone. <3

Well done!! Jen,.. and thanku.. back to u too <3
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    I've gotten really into Chai tea lately. It's my new favorite thing to drink.

Same i liv it too.. the lattes r yum too only.. bware of the calories