Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @salleewins He was actually trying to tempt me with a real glass of wine. LOL! But that was ok. I had this in the pantry.
    Correct. No alcohol. I found it at Kroger. It was in the 'health' food section where they keep all the different flavors of coconut water and such. Next time I go, I'm getting more. They had different flavors too.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    I'm rewatching my inspirational
    Videos -
    This one is by Craig Beck of Alcohol Lied to Me
    https://youtu.be/AhFTib4vMPo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Good morning, friends. I have to smile at the conversation about blood work. I do that, too. I'm super good leading up to it, but then I realize that the blood is in me all the time, so why am I trying to "clean it up" for a test? It's like my sister who says she has to "cram" for her teeth cleaning.

Anyway . . . I learned yesterday that as of May 31 I will not have a job. This is a big deal. I am so glad I didn't know this before I went to Italy. I probably wouldn't have gone. I got the news. I drank. Some. Too much (but not what too much would have been last year). Decisions to make. Things to cut (Goodbye, personal trainer and manicures. First World Problems . . . I don't foresee trips to the food bank, so shut up). I would like to go through this sober.

So sorry to hear that about your job! I once heard that when you lose your job it's the perfect time to reinvent yourself. What are the dreams you've been holding back on? What else inspires you ? Don't panic however. After the shock, make a plan. You are a wise, highly capable person ! A champion and a thriver (play on the word survivor)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @donimfp I am sorry to hear that news! I have been there! You will do it and you can be sober like I wasn't. You will be able to think clearly and make great decisions. I wish for you something even better. Let us know regularly how you are doing.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @donimfp I am so sorry to hear the bad news :/
    These are the kind if things we can’t control in life but it always hits hard. You will come out of this better.
    And you are right, good thing you got that nice vacation in beforehand. Glad you had that experience!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 I don’t think you have to worry about anyone here being disappointed in you. You know that this group is nothing but support for each other. I think it’s admirable you were able to only have one. I know I have been there, and that first time it feels odd, but also proud to know I could stop at one.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @JenT304, that sounds good! I always thought ginger beer had alcohol. Good to know it doesn’t! Virgin Moscow Mules!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 ---oooh that sounds great! I was just at the Aldi discount (mostly) grocery store and I spotted ginger beer just a couple of days ago. I haven't looked at the price yet. You are right on the organ damage.

@JulieAL1969--thanks for Craig Beck's videos and program. I had never heard that the liver gets scarred and the scars are permanent from alcohol. I listened to quite a few and am glad there are more.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @salleewins Craig Beck is a straight shooter. The reason I like him is because he says it exactly like it is. No sugar coating.
    I sometimes listen to his videos when I get ready for work in the morning.
    He always says how he was a heavy drinker for 20 years. One wine bottle a day plus whiskey. He said that after a weekend of binging, he would feel a pain in his right size. He said that was his liver telling him that's it being damaged.
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear that about your job! I once heard that when you lose your job it's the perfect time to reinvent yourself. What are the dreams you've been holding back on? What else inspires you ? Don't panic however. After the shock, make a plan. You are a wise, highly capable person ! A champion and a thriver (play on the word survivor)

When I got laid off the last thing I could think about was reinventing myself...

@donimfp, I tried Zip Recruiter, Indeed and Nexxt, and got a lot of responses and some interviews in the same week. I always went through craigslist, and never heard back about any job. And check temp agencies in your area, they are a great way to get something to tide you over. Good luck!!
  • OliverRaningerVegan
    OliverRaningerVegan Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    water sodium is the best
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had two glasses of wine today
  • OliverRaningerVegan
    OliverRaningerVegan Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    jecky74 wrote: »
    I had two glasses of wine today

grtulation
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Day 4 AF for me so far. I signed up for the Annie Grace 30 day experiment that one of you guys recommended. So far I really like it! The only down side is that I can't hear the videos (I'm hard of hearing) and there are no captions!!! Why on earth not? Maybe I should send Annie Grace an email? Anyway, for those of you who did the program, do the videos add a lot to it or is the reading good enough?

@donimfp so sorry about your job but I like your positive outlook!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ready for another GREAT sleep!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Ready for another GREAT sleep!

The sleep is the best! I struggled with disrupted sleep at first but once that AF sleep kicks in it really is something to celebrate!! Sweet dreams.