Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 , I love the Sober School site, too. I'm looking forward to checking out her class that starts April 9 if there's room.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends, I'm just on that wonderful site called The Sober School. Here's a link to a blog listing reasons when people knew they needed to quit.
    http://thesoberschool.com/the-call-to-be-sober-how-i-knew-it-was-time-to-quit/

Just discovered The Sober School. Great site! Thanks for that tip.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @salleewins I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the strength that takes. So proud of you!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Ok I made it without drinking on Good Friday, the holiday that my son passed. Now to make it on April 3rd, Tuesday, his actual passing day, with Easter in between. God I miss him! I am proud of my behavior so far. No drinking started shortly after my birthday (19th) on January 23rd. Enough was enough.

Big hugs to you! <3
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Ok I made it without drinking on Good Friday, the holiday that my son passed. Now to make it on April 3rd, Tuesday, his actual passing day, with Easter in between. God I miss him! I am proud of my behavior so far. No drinking started shortly after my birthday (19th) on January 23rd. Enough was enough.

Sending you all our love. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @crazykatlady820 Thanks so much for the update! You look so beautiful! Your happy, clear soul shows through those beautiful eyes. Sparkling water cheers to an inspiration!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I quit drinking about 3 months ago. I am an alcoholic and had to quit. This time it will stick. I read a book called "This Naked Mind" by Annie Grace. If any of you ever thought that maybe you have a problem...read it. It is life changing. Whether you quit or cut down, it will change how you think about alcohol. It is amazing how much alcohol becomes a part of our lives. My new go to is sparkling water. I like to try different kinds. Sometimes all we need is something in our hands to sip on. Its funny now watching other people go down hill and I am so happy that's not me anymore. Plus I am the DD. I love that I am able to be the one to get people home safely.
    If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. I have been in the pit and now I am out and feel great. Lost weight, think clearer and spending a lot less money!!!

Bravo! You're doing so well! I agree, This Naked Mind, is really life changing. I love sparkling water too! I keep finding news ones at the grocery store!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    http://www.hipsobriety.com/home/2014/11/14/the-19-awesome-ways-my-life-changed-in-19-sober-months

Great blog- a little long, so just read the highlights. But some real similarities to the things mentioned on our thread over the last few months... looking younger, flatter belly and losing weight, save money and take a trip to Italy, dancing sober, learning new hobbies, more time to do those hobbies, improve relationships with friends and family, and falling in love with life again. Xo