Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I bought a clear tea mug at the tea store yesterday. That is so fun to steep the tea in it. It has it's own infuser that can be removed.

Also that pure cranberry juice and sparkling water is great with powdered stevia added at the end. You have to leave enough room as the stevia makes a foam that turns pinkish on top. Great fun;

Craving more sugar with this stress and indulging. Diet stinks for now. It will be temporary. If I was drinking instead, there may be no end in sight. I would love to have it all under control at once, but one thing at a time.

@crazykatlady those pictures are inspiring! I can relate completely to what you just posted. Great work!

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    I’m on day 7 of being AF (except for cough syrup that is).

<3<3 well done..
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @JenT304, we have the same April goal. Here we go!! I’ll be sending you all the mental energy I can. We can do this! Cheers with a big sparkling glass of AF celebration.
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    My favorite group of folks on MFP! Hey, guys! I’m 170 days sober here. Some days are harder than others, but my goal is to abstain completely as my drinking was quite problematic and life has been so amazing (Though not necessarily easy.) the past 170 days. I have no intention of ever drinking again. Here is my latest progress pic comparison. I’m 57 pounds down and that is something I just couldn’t do when I was drinking because I would binge drink several nights a week and binge drinking always led to crazy binge eating. And the hangovers meant I never had energy to do much of anything. v1kx62kkdykv.jpeg

A BIG Hug to u,.. u r sooo awesome. .. just look at u!!
    U must feel a lot better. .. u look it!! :)<3

I have to say u have freshly inspired me.. reminding me of my past and to how much better life is for my body.
    Its far from perfect but least not at goal weight yet so i still have a way to go but ive come quite a way, more mentally than physically.

This feed and all the members has been like, God sent for me.. you'll find it friendly and helpful too.

Lots of love to u and wish u the very best!!..

Beautiful. This comment was meant for the picture!
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    For those of you who remember Wayne Dyer, here's a four minute clip for inspiration. And if you don't know him, he was one of the first genuine self help gurus from decades ago. He expresses just what we've been striving for on this thread. Think small. Think just for today, I will....

https://youtu.be/XNr62PhHOC8

Thanx Julie, he's my favorite.. very inspiring person
  • Alzzi76
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ehseeker wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    My favorite group of folks on MFP! Hey, guys! I’m 170 days sober here. Some days are harder than others, but my goal is to abstain completely as my drinking was quite problematic and life has been so amazing (Though not necessarily easy.) the past 170 days. I have no intention of ever drinking again. Here is my latest progress pic comparison. I’m 57 pounds down and that is something I just couldn’t do when I was drinking because I would binge drink several nights a week and binge drinking always led to crazy binge eating. And the hangovers meant I never had energy to do much of anything. v1kx62kkdykv.jpeg

A BIG Hug to u,.. u r sooo awesome. .. just look at u!!
    U must feel a lot better. .. u look it!! :)<3

I have to say u have freshly inspired me.. reminding me of my past and to how much better life is for my body.
    Its far from perfect but least not at goal weight yet so i still have a way to go but ive come quite a way, more mentally than physically.

This feed and all the members has been like, God sent for me.. you'll find it friendly and helpful too.

Lots of love to u and wish u the very best!!..

Beautiful. This comment was meant for the picture!

Yes sorry, it was suppose to be there..
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    nanishora wrote: »
    Day 6 - Today was tough. Weekends have usually been our drinking nights, or any days off sometimes spanning to weekdays as well. After a long day, I really wanted a glas of wine. Took a sipof wine from husband’s glass, but didn’t drink. I refused to break my AF April resolve even before April begins.

We r with u here. Today has been a tough one for me too but when we are together we can get back easier. We have each other to support.
    Thanks for sharing, it'll help alot readers as well.. :) xo
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Happy Easter and Happy April Fools Day! @JulieAL1969 Thank you for that inspiring video. I love to start the day with something like that. He had a great message.
  • Trinkwasser
    Trinkwasser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 yes I remember Wayne Dyer, and reading his books years ago; I should re-read, thanks for posting the video I needed to hear that message today!
  • salleewins
    Options
    Hello! Good video @JulieAL1969! I will use that same thinking for food more often.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Got through our Easter brunch just fine without any alcohol. We had a ton of alternatives: club soda, orange juice, grapefruit juice, coffee, tea. Folks made spritzer things with the club soda and juices. All of us have cut back or stopped drinking and laughed about all the jelly beans we were eating. We are becoming sugarholics, LOL.

Definitely in for April and appreciate @JulieAL1969 once again for keeping things going. I'm AF Mon-Thurs still and allowing myself between one and two glasses of wine Fri-Sun. So far the past two weekends have been 4-6 oz. on Fri-Sun and that's it. I'm totally good with that. Thank goodness for Vacu Vins bc those bottles of wine are lasting forever. Also loving eating those calories instead of drinking them!

We just booked a five day cruise for May, booze inclusive. I'm bracing myself for that. I need all the practice I can get before mid May!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, @crazykatlady820, what a huge inspiration you are. Talk about changing your life. Your strength is amazing. I wish I could click "Inspiring" about 100 times!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    nanishora wrote: »
    Day 6 - Today was tough. Weekends have usually been our drinking nights, or any days off sometimes spanning to weekdays as well. After a long day, I really wanted a glas of wine. Took a sipof wine from husband’s glass, but didn’t drink. I refused to break my AF April resolve even before April begins.

Way to be strong ! Once you hit ten days, you need to go and buy a little gift for yourself- bracelet, momento something to represent your accomplishment!
  • salleewins
    Options
    I bought earrings for one month and the tea mug that I can steep my healthy green tea fresh for two months. So far I think I want some music for 3 months, which will be the 23rd this month.