"Saints and Slimmers" ****(closed thread)***

Options

Replies

• sugarsprinkles
    Options
    I brought an additional mile walking the dog, and 2.5 on the excercise bike to my 30 minutes on the treadmill, which is daily! I did my challenges and and some pilates and benchwork, too. I think I'm seeing a difference. I don't know. Hubby says he is, and that's a vote of confidence that works for me ;)
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My challenge for today is done......and I did 1.25 miles on the treadmill, 1.50 miles on the elliptical and 1.50 miles on the arc trainer.... for a total of 4.25 miles logged in for today!! Also I didn't mention that on Monday in addition to my 1 mile on the treadmill I did 1.50 miles on the elliptical and 1.50 miles on the arc trainer for a total of 3 miles for Monday. For a total of 7.25 miles done! :D
  • prunella1066
    Options
    This is a recipe that I found when i joined Jillian Michael's website.......I really LOVE it!!

BURGUNDY BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds beef, stew meat, cut in 1 inch pieces
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon thyme, dried
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper, black
    2 cans beef broth 13 3/4 to 14 1/2 oz.
    1 cup wine, Burgundy
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 1/2 cups carrot, sliced
    1 onion, chopped
    2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
    8 ounces fresh or frozen green beans

Preparation
    Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan; season with thyme, salt and pepper.
    Stir in broth, wine and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 hours. Stir in carrots, green beans and onions; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.

Prep Time: 5 mins
    Cook Time: 2 h 15 mins
    Total Time: 2 h 20 mins

6 Servings

Nutrition Facts
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 236
    Total Fat: 8 g
    Saturated Fat: 3 g
    Cholesterol: 55 mg
    Sodium: 551 mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 14 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
    Protein: 22 g
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Finished my challenge today. I did 18.9 miles on a stationary bike and 2.1 miles on the stairmaster (SO glad that counts).
  • antijen
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes ever. Even my meat eater friends/family think these are awesome. People rave about them! I use red salsa instead of salsa verde and sometimes I put cheese on for those who eat it. There are lots of opportunities to modify these like that. I don't have the nutritional into though. It's not offered on the website I got this from. Even though it's not a concern for me, these are gluten free.

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas

Filling::

Beans:
    1 14-oz can black beans, rinsed, drained
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    fresh lime juice from 1 lime

Potatoes:
    2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, smashed
    1 Tbs chopped canned green chiles
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp gluten-free curry or chili powder
    sea salt and black pepper, to taste

To Assemble::

8 corn tortillas (*tip:: wrap in paper towel and reheat briefly in microwave before stuffing, to soften)

1 cup vegan “chicken broth”
    1 Tbs white rice flour or arrowroot starch
    1 cup salsa verde (green salsa) or chopped canned green chilies
    cumin or chili powder, to taste

Preheat your oven to a moderate 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a non-stick spray into a rectangular baking dish that would hold 8 enchiladas.

In a mixing bowl combine the drained black beans with minced garlic and lime juice. Toss to coat the beans and set aside.

In a separate bowl combine the smashed sweet potatoes with a tablespoon of chopped green chiles; add the spices. Season with sea salt and pepper.

To make a vegan sauce: combine the vegan broth with a tablespoon of rice flour or arrowroot; heat in the microwave till thickened. Whisk in the salsa verde. Add cumin.

Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.

Begin stuffing the warm (*see above) tortillas by laying the first tortilla in the sauced baking dish; wet it with the sauce to soften. Spoon 1/8 of the sweet potato mixture down the center. Top with 1/8 of the black beans. Wrap and roll the tortilla to the end of the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top with the rest of the sauce. If you like, top with a sprinkle of GF vegan cheese.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Serve with a crisp green salad spiked with Mandarin oranges or halved grapes.

Servings: 4
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    ohkay m sorry guys i couldnt log on yesterday.. but i did my 60 Situps and 50 Mountain climbers and 1.5 miles extra walking..

and today i did 3 sets of 21's(1st set with 5 lbs. 2nd with 7.5lbs and 3rd with 10lbs) and 200 jumping jacks

and i did 2 miles extra on stationary bike..

and i was under my calories yesterday.. but today since it was my fast i was WAAAYYYYYYY under my calories..
  • prunella1066
    Options
    Did 3 sets of 21's, 100 jumping jacks, 1.6 miles on the arc trainer and 1.5 miles on the elliptical!!
  • G0dsP3n
    G0dsP3n Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Ok forgot to come here yesterday! But I did the 50 crunches but I couldn't do the mountain climb, I gues I don't have enough upper body strength....=/ but I did 50 squats and 50 side bends. Today I did the 100 jacks, 3 sets of 21's with my 5 ld weights and I also did 75 squats and 50 crunches. But I have a delimma....hope this isn't a stupid question, but how do I tell how many miles I've walked???
  • antijen
    Options
    4 miles today between elliptical and jogging. 100 jumping jacks. 4 sets of 21s, the last one with double weight (owie!)
  • Perissology
    Perissology Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Every one is doing an AWESOME job..... We got our 100 miles in now ...... Well done !!!

All the recipes you posted sound so delicious.

It's Friday I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I wont be on much , so please forgive me if I don't respond to all your post... headed to the family reunion this weekend up in the Appalachian Mountains.

"Saints and Slimmers " We keep kickin the crap outta all the other teams in August !!
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 21's, 100 jumping jacks, 2 miles done! let's do this!
  • skinz2k2
    Options
    Ok, I'm a day off, so I'll do a double challenge tomorrow night!
  • suzymyers
    Options
    Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn Salad with Lime Dressing ( Quinoa is a great source of a meatless protein)

Serves 8
    Calories per serving: 220
    Fiber 5 grams
    Fat 8 grams
    Protein 6 grams
    Calcium 2%
    Iron 10%

Ingredients
    Trader Joe's - Organic Quinoa (1/4 Cup Dry),
    Vegetable - Cherry Tomatoes,
    Generic - Red Bell Pepper,
    Beans - Black, cooked, boiled, with salt, 1.5 cup
    Corn - Sweet, yellow, frozen, kernels cut off cob, unprepared, 1 cup
    Shallots - Raw, 1 tbsp chopped
    Lime juice - Raw, 0.3 cup
    Oil - Olive, 2 tablespoon
    Avacodo - Raw, 1 cup

Cook Quinoa according to package. Cool and add cut up cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper. Add cooled beans and corn. Saute shallots and add lime juice and olive oil. Mix well. Add dressing and cut up avacodo to the mixture just before serving.
  • antijen
    Options
    3 miles on the elliptical. 100 jumping jacks, 50 globe things, 100 mountain climbers (since I don't have access to any stairs). Is it Sunday yet?
  • sugarsprinkles
    Options
    Jumped out of bed and got my walk on! 3.6 miles followed by 50 crunches, 40 shoulder presses :)
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    ohkay.. so yesterday i jst did 1 mile extra on the arc traineer .. so today i did yesterday's and today's challenge.. here it goes
    50 globe jumps
    200 jumping jacks
    120 stairs(up) if we count both going up and down then i did 300
    50 shoulder press( 1st set-7.5lbs(25), 2nd set 10lbs(15) and 3rd set 15lbs(10)
    1 miles extra on the treadmill + 1 mile extra
    100 crunches
    25 situps
    25 leg raise

and thats it... trying to eat right nd drink water.. see u guys tomorrow at the weigh ins mwahahahahha
  • sugarsprinkles
    Options
    I hope you all are having a blessed Sunday. Sugar Daddy,
    The shih-tzu, and I are cruisin' through MO on hwy 70 Colorado bound.
    In spite if my best efforts lady week I was only able to bring
    you a loss of half a lb. ! I think my body is going
    To fight me tooth and nail over these last 7-8 lbs!
    I will win! Here's one of my favorite recipes
    along the quinoa theme:

Spicy Quinoa Stuffed Pablano Peppers ( Because some like it hot!)

4 Pablano Peppers
    Homemade Taco Seasoning*
    Box of Quinoa
    4 Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese

Place peppers on cutting board and slice at an angle
    the top off each. These tops will act as "lids". Clean
    out the seeds. Steam the peppers and "lids" to
    half cooked, still firm. Place on baking sheet. Prepare Quinoa according to package
    directions to make two cups, adding Taco Seasoning to
    before bringing to a boil. When fully cooked, stir in the
    chopped chicken. Now stuff the prepared peppers
    with cooked Quinoa to overflowing and lay "lid" on
    the overflowing Quinoa. Sprinkle the Parmesan over
    The tops if each and bake at 350 for 20 min. Yuuuuummm!

Homemade Taco Seasoning (Super Low Sodium)

1 tablespoon Chili Powder
    2 teaspoons Onion Powder
    1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
    1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1 teaspoon Paprika
    1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
    Directions
    Mix all ingredients together. :)

Nutritional Information based on
    one of four servings:
    Calories: 245
    Fat: 14g
    Cholesterol: 37g
    Sodium: 136g
    Carbs: 23g
    Sugar: .5g
    Protien: 18g
    Fiber: 12g
  • zeus277
    zeus277 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Leah, is this rumor true??? I can do 400.

"AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: Week Three Weekly Team Challenge Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away! *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. "
  • Perissology
    Perissology Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning Saints and Slimmers..... we had an awsome week of fitness and weightloss last week Way To Go !!!

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!
    This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout
    routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact
    your team captain for ideas.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. This means each team member has to give us 210+
    EXTRA ab crunches for this week!!!

Keep track of those crunches.....
  • skinz2k2
    Options
    I finished my challange and I am pumped up for this week. Come on guys let's go!