Need a serious motivation partner!

Options

Replies

• Jessielynnl
    Jessielynnl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I had the most creative excuses to avoid the gym last night and it worked because I didn't go. :( The excuses:
    1. I'm tired
    2. I had to drive my kids to youth group
    3. I'm peeling from a sunburn and felt self-conscious
    4. I had to make supper, do dishes so I did enough
    5. I already went out to pick up a book at the library

etc...
      ugh...I always do this. Excuses in the evening, remorse in the morning for not going. Anyone else do this? I need to SUCK.IT.UP.

Yes! I don't work out in the morning since I already get up at 5:30 for a long workday.
    6. Devinpa
      Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
      Options
      How does this work? I absolutely need motivation! I have 20 pounds to lose and need to also motivate my husband because he has 75 pounds to lose. How do I begin? I need to be held accountable!
    7. abcdcm143
      abcdcm143 Posts: 933 Member
      Options
      Let's start motivating each other!

Let's hear a little more about your current situation:
      1. What is the biggest challenge you are facing on your weight loss journey?
      2. Where are you crushing it and could offer insight to the rest of us?

+++++++++++++++++++

Here are my responses:
      2. What is the biggest challenge you are facing on your weight loss journey?
      While I have lost a lot of weight over the years, I am equally skilled at gaining it back. So after gaining about 10 pounds, I started up on MFP again two months ago. I have lost 3 pounds, but nothing more and find the scale up on some days. I am not cheating or struggling with food. I am staying in my calorie goals. I think I should mix things up but am not sure how. For those of you that friended me, I would love some perspective on my food diary.

3. Where are you crushing it and could offer insight to the rest of us?
      In my determination. I really WANT to lose the weight. It's not wavering and I don't feel like giving up.

8. pittehkitteh223
      pittehkitteh223 Posts: 1 Member
      Options
      I need some serious motivation too! I lost 30 pounds and hit a wall, so naturally I started sliding back on the exercise and diet out of frustration. Today is my first day back at it and needless to say I'm dragging!! I need some people to chat with who understand those frustrations and can tell me to suck it up and keep going!! :smiley:
    9. gypsychic33
      gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
      Options
      I don’t have too much trouble with exercise bc I have a toddler and a newborn
    10. gypsychic33
      Options
      I don’t have too much trouble with exercise bc I have a toddler and a newborn

Not sure why it only took half my comment, but I walk a lot and am currently doing JM beginner shred.

I have trouble with my diet. I love pizza and all carbs !
    11. gypsychic33
      Options
      I need some serious motivation too! I lost 30 pounds and hit a wall, so naturally I started sliding back on the exercise and diet out of frustration. Today is my first day back at it and needless to say I'm dragging!! I need some people to chat with who understand those frustrations and can tell me to suck it up and keep going!! :smiley:

Feel free to add me !
    12. charlotteddd
      charlotteddd Posts: 148 Member
      Options
      Me too!!! I had the most creative excuses to avoid the gym last night and it worked because I didn't go. :( The excuses:
      1. I'm tired
      2. I had to drive my kids to youth group
      3. I'm peeling from a sunburn and felt self-conscious
      4. I had to make supper, do dishes so I did enough
      5. I already went out to pick up a book at the library

etc...
        ugh...I always do this. Excuses in the evening, remorse in the morning for not going. Anyone else do this? I need to SUCK.IT.UP.

Yes! I don't work out in the morning since I already get up at 5:30 for a long workday.

Sounds like a hospital shift. Are you looking at your steps etc on your phone? Apart from the early mornings, I couldn't figure out how I could be SO bagged after 12 hours (like barely able to bike the 10min home). Then I looked at my steps and realized I was at like 25,000 most days; many of those steps more like concealed running to codes. When I realized this I gave myself permission to not go to the gym after a shift... now I work out patient sooooo I sit.
      6. charlotteddd
        Options
        abcdcm143 wrote: »
        Let's start motivating each other!

+++++++++++++++++++

1. Biggest obstacle is staying on track on the weekend with my diet. I don't drink much but I like to bake and am just not disciplined as much on the weekend. It is super frustrating because I know I'm undoing my hard work during the week. I'm technically a healthy weight, BMI of like 21-22 maybe, so getting rid of the last 15lbs requires me to be very strict and I'm a treat lovin' lady
      7. charlotteddd
        Options
        Hm, it keeps cutting my long-*kitten* posts off:
        2. Umm, I guess I'm crushing it in my half marathon training. I have a pretty good plan I follow and could definitely help some new runners with how to get started. Oh and I know stuff about heart, lungs, smoking cessation, etc. Could answer some questions on that.
      8. gbrezina
        gbrezina Posts: 4 Member
        Options
        Love all the replies but let’s start. How do we start keeping each other accountable on here?
      9. sakat726
        sakat726 Posts: 20 Member
        Options
        I want to get in on this too! I'm in a similar spot. I have about 20 pounds to lose (maybe more, but want to hit that first goal and re-assess) but struggle to maintain a consistent pattern of gym/eating. Motivation is great.

For my current situation:

Consistency! I'll get into a good routine for a couple of days but then something will come up -- work travel, a stressful deadline, having to eat out for some reason -- and I revert back to old patterns. It's an "all or nothing" mentality I need to correct ("well, I'm already off the health wagon today, so might as well just have whatever I want now and start again another time")

I'm really good at avoiding sugar. I do have a sweet tooth, and my husband brings home candy from work, so there's always chocolate and sugary treats in my cupboard, but I'm actually really good at saying no to them. Tricks include brushing teeth (then you don't feel as inclined to eat chocolate) and pretending you just finished a piece of candy (then you can imagine how delicious and satisfying it was, but that you are now satiated).
      10. REDMANIV
        REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
        Options
        Hello and feel free to add me if you like. I have recently caught the bug of wanting to know more about nutrition. I have read the 5day 2 day Fast Diet book and am currently reading a book called the New Glucose Revolution. I am attempting to make the shift to a lower GI diet, baby steps here though. With my recent changes I am down 8 pounds and am looking to erase another 18 pounds initially and then another 15-20 pounds after that.

Cheers and have a great weekend!
      11. Jessielynnl
        Options
        I think I'm going to make a group so we can all help each other. But first, I need some good group name suggestions!
      12. bhurley100
        bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
        Options
        I need a partner thats committed in daily goals and accountability to help get back on track too. Sounds like a lot of you on here are looking for the same? Everyone is welcome to add me. Message me if interested In some 1 on 1 accountability:-)
      13. Frens0614
        Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
        Options
        I'd like in on this please too! I was a healthy weight my whole life. Then my husband got sick when I was in residency a few months after we got married, and I threw all self control out the window because I just didn't care anymore. We will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary this summer, and I'm up 45 lbs since we got married. I'd just love some accountability help to get back close to my married weight, and I'd love to help where I can too!

For my current situation:
        Food. I eat healthy all day, binge after dinner. And especially on the weekends. I don't say no to anything anymore. Luckily I don't really like your traditional carbs like pasta, bread, etc, but I absolutely love sugar, baked goods, ice cream, anything sweet (even worse-for-you carbs).

I have exercised every day for as long as I can remember. I'm an avid runner, and have done half/full marathons, so I can discuss how to start getting into these. I also have learned a decent amount regarding nutrition/health from school, residency, etc so I may be able to give some help there. I just need to follow my own advice :neutral:

Looking forward to talking with you. Please add me/message me if you want :).
      14. charlotteddd
        Options
        I think I'm going to make a group so we can all help each other. But first, I need some good group name suggestions!

Ummm, "the SMART supporters"?
        SMART is an acronym for a form of organizing behaviour changes. It stands for Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic & Time-Bound ... a good organization tool/exercise when you're trying to change anything in your life.
        The only other one I could think of off the top of my head was "weight watchers". LOL, think I need a coffee.
      15. Jessielynnl
        Options
        Alright, so I made a group called The Motivation Corner. I'm not sure if you can search for it, but I'll slowly invite everyone. And I will try to set everything up as quick as I can in between work and everything.
      16. dajn54
        dajn54 Posts: 3 Member
        Options
        Hey we should all form a support group sounds like we all have the excuses bug I’m willing to be part if a support group we could set weekly goals and check in with each other any one willing let me know
      17. littlebear0121
        littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
        Options
        I'll cheer you on! I would like to lose about 30 pounds, love this app, and love to workout.