Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Sharing some proof I'm playing again:

This is called "Rubina"

https://youtu.be/jiFTjn_77NQ

Cool!!!!.. that's awesome.. luv it
    Im too embarrased to post a vid of my piano atm any way Thanks a mill for sharing!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Did my 1/2 this afternoon sounding much better everyone keep up your good work
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    I'm done with practicing for now, but had a successful run of performances for Easter services, including rocking my newest personal best small size (medium dress shirt!).
    2xqe77wh136w.png
    (Never mind the "Charlie Brown" smiley. :wink: )
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Oh dear.. today I played all the old tunes that i could off the top of my head this avo. .., 'sorry', 'stumblin in', 'old rock n roll ', 'stuck on u', 'i have to say i luv u in a song'.. ... and a few others. I played today bcoz i was a little stressed. .. it's one way to deal with it.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Sharing some proof I'm playing again:

This is called "Rubina"

https://youtu.be/jiFTjn_77NQ

Beautiful! You play great! You really have the whole neck mastered! Awesome job! Keep at it!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    raindawg wrote: »
    It took just a little over two weeks but I'm happy to report my calluses have finally started forming. Makes practicing my acoustic so much more enjoyable. Up till now I've been getting re-familarized with my chord progressions and finger patterns. I started on my first song project this week - Dust in the Wind by Kansas.

Awesome! I have been working on calluses also...and I love Dust in the Wind....I will have to put that on my list to learn! Glad you back playing!! :)
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    It was a good week. I'm getting in way more than 15 minutes per day. The chord transitions for the song are different than what I've done in the past so I've just been practicing them over and over and over. I feel like it will probably take a month just to get that muscle memory down.

I'm going on vacation next week,,,yeah,,,,but unfortunately won't be bringing my guitar. I did pick up a little six fret "pocket guitar". It basically mimics the first six frets of a guitar. It's not for playing but it's good for just practing chord finger placement and transitions.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Been away travelling for work but I had my guitar with me! Got a fair bit of practice in hotel rooms, then made it out to the local guitar shops and nearly but not quite succumbed to temptation! Seem to have come back home filled with enthusiasm so yes, a bit every day.....nice playing @Egger29!
  • MaryBethHempel
    raindawg wrote: »
    It was a good week. I'm getting in way more than 15 minutes per day. The chord transitions for the song are different than what I've done in the past so I've just been practicing them over and over and over. I feel like it will probably take a month just to get that muscle memory down.

I'm going on vacation next week,,,yeah,,,,but unfortunately won't be bringing my guitar. I did pick up a little six fret "pocket guitar". It basically mimics the first six frets of a guitar. It's not for playing but it's good for just practing chord finger placement and transitions.

Awesome! I have been spending more than 15 minutes/day also...mostly working on my guitar course! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Been away travelling for work but I had my guitar with me! Got a fair bit of practice in hotel rooms, then made it out to the local guitar shops and nearly but not quite succumbed to temptation! Seem to have come back home filled with enthusiasm so yes, a bit every day.....nice playing @Egger29!

It is great that you have your guitar with you and are practicing! It is funny how the more you play, the more enthusiasm you have! Happy playing! :)
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Just did my accordion 25. Learning the waltz from The Long Day by Tariverdiev, quite a haunting tune

thank you for that! I really liked it and I had to buy a CD now and while I am still busy having piano lessons I am tempted to also go back to accordion; I am a beginner (almost...) on both instruments...
  • FunnyFish2
    FunnyFish2 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I just saw this challenge and think I need to join! I take guitar lessons but find it so difficult to practice during the week when everything else takes up so much time. I need something to help me be accountable. I’m in!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    My piano homework is the Ecossaise in G major by Beethoven and the Musette in D major by Bach; fun, still need to practice a lot to get the tempo right; I enjoy playing on my real piano so much more (the one that is in my parent's house) than on my e-piano; shame, we cannot fit it in the house yet. On the other hand, my parents seem to enjoy my practicing (parents! :D:D ) so it is fine for cheering them up. On weekends there I usually practice about 45 min per day. Here, about the same time the whole week...
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Following to give myself a reminder.

I’ve never played anything musical since the recorder when I was about seven. So last week I went and had my first TRUMPET lesson.

Currently just about able to get a sound out of the instrument, and occasionally that sound even sounds like it might be a note. My practice is limited to playing into a bunch of towels in the wardrobe, or after work in the office when no one can hear me blow.

Or I stick the mouthpiece in my pocket and practice on the drive to work a few minutes at a time. I’m off on holiday for a week and toying with the idea of taking the mouthpiece with me just to keep my lips buzzing.
  • MaryBethHempel
    buxbert wrote: »
    My piano homework is the Ecossaise in G major by Beethoven and the Musette in D major by Bach; fun, still need to practice a lot to get the tempo right; I enjoy playing on my real piano so much more (the one that is in my parent's house) than on my e-piano; shame, we cannot fit it in the house yet. On the other hand, my parents seem to enjoy my practicing (parents! :D:D ) so it is fine for cheering them up. On weekends there I usually practice about 45 min per day. Here, about the same time the whole week...

AWESOME!!!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Following to give myself a reminder.

I’ve never played anything musical since the recorder when I was about seven. So last week I went and had my first TRUMPET lesson.

Currently just about able to get a sound out of the instrument, and occasionally that sound even sounds like it might be a note. My practice is limited to playing into a bunch of towels in the wardrobe, or after work in the office when no one can hear me blow.

Or I stick the mouthpiece in my pocket and practice on the drive to work a few minutes at a time. I’m off on holiday for a week and toying with the idea of taking the mouthpiece with me just to keep my lips buzzing.

Definitely, take the mouthpiece with you!!
  • MaryBethHempel
    I am finding it more difficult to practice with all my gardening going on!! I do lessons daily though. I have thousands of marigold pods containing seeds from last year to split open with my fingertips, so it is working my finger strength! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    I am still practicing and playing music every day. It is a habit that I love to do.
  • MaryBethHempel
    I started out just practicing at 15 minute intervals and now I am practicing hour intervals...and loving the progress and music! :)