DITR Round4 Week4

Options

Replies

• Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wed 8/10: We are often inspired or motivated by words. Will you please share your favorite quote, bible verse, prayer, song, joke, poem, or words of wisdom?

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm...... Ain't no party like a west coast party?

Thanks! This made me laugh!
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    It is Tameko's day for QOTD, but I wanted to ask all you Diamonds something!

If you could change or add one thing into the Diamond Challenge, what would it be?:flowerforyou:

Personally, I think it would be more fair if we went by weight loss percentage instead of pounds lost. This means that we would really have to "bring it" with the numbers, especially those who have a lot to lose, like me :) but I think we need to be fair to all who participate .
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    QOTD Wed 8/10: We are often inspired or motivated by words. Will you please share your favorite quote, bible verse, prayer, song, joke, poem, or words of wisdom?

Jesus said:
    In the world you shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
    John 16:33
  • twistedsista0408
    Options

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." "
    — Vince Lombardi
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options

You must act as if it is impossible to fail.
    ~Ashanti Proverb

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in,
    and forget all about being healthy and thin.
    So What! You went over your points a bit,
    It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race.
    But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done,
    that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
    but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
    If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
    - Author Unknown
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I thought I'd get my question out there sharp today before I get bogged down with work.

Thursday QOTD: We are about to finishe this challenge and essentially be on our own again, so can you give us an example of the best meal you made or had which was within your given calorie allowance?

Mine is quite boring (which is why I am fishing for insparation!!) but since I have started exercising everyday I have ben eating Steamed Chicken, Broccoli and some pasta for my main meal as it fills me up without feeling too stodgy. I have also taken to using lots of BBQ sauce or piri piri sauce to accompany my steamed delights.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

You must act as if it is impossible to fail.
    ~Ashanti Proverb

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in,
    and forget all about being healthy and thin.
    So What! You went over your points a bit,
    It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race.
    But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done,
    that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
    but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
    If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
    - Author Unknown

Niceeee
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: We are about to finish this challenge and essentially be on our own again, so can you give us an example of the best meal you made or had which was within your given calorie allowance?

our garden has been producing LOTS of tomatoes lately so I'm going to mention 2 that are popular in our family:
    Fixed Homemade marinara sauce over the weekend and froze a bunch of it but saved 1 batch to eat with turkey meatballs and high fiber pasta (we love the Ronzoni brand that still looks like regular spaghetti). 1 serving (1 c pasta, 3 meatballs, 1/2 c sauce) is only 360 calories (and that's using a prepared sauce calorie count)

the other thing we love this time of year is baking skinless boneless chicken breast and lightly seasoning it then just smothering it with fresh salsa my husband makes. Not only is it light and healthy but the chicken comes out moist and very tender (husband thought I was marinating it the first few times we made it)... we generally eat this with rice (either cooked in or covered with salsa too)...
  • hwilliams519
    Options

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is also one of my favorites. I actually bought a bracelet with that quote not too long ago.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: We are about to finishe this challenge and essentially be on our own again, so can you give us an example of the best meal you made or had which was within your given calorie allowance?

The one meal that comes to mind, was something new that I tried. I had some left over taco meat, and didn't want to use it for tacos again (partly because I was out of sour cream and I just wanted something different.) Someone had given me an idea of doing a stuffed pepper with it. I loved the idea, but when I got home, I realized that the pepper was all shriveled up. So then I decided to try some nachos. I cut a flour tortilla into triangle slices and baked it in the oven until it was crisp. Then I added the taco meat and some black beans which I just heated up in the microwave. Then I topped it off with a little cheese, lettuce, and light ranch dressing. It was so good and very filling! It was simple and didn't take a lot of time. It was roughly around 400-425 calories.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

The one meal that comes to mind, was something new that I tried. I had some left over taco meat, and didn't want to use it for tacos again (partly because I was out of sour cream and I just wanted something different.) Someone had given me an idea of doing a stuffed pepper with it. I loved the idea, but when I got home, I realized that the pepper was all shriveled up. So then I decided to try some nachos. I cut a flour tortilla into triangle slices and baked it in the oven until it was crisp. Then I added the taco meat and some black beans which I just heated up in the microwave. Then I topped it off with a little cheese, lettuce, and light ranch dressing. It was so good and very filling! It was simple and didn't take a lot of time. It was roughly around 400-425 calories.
    You know, now that I think about it... I haven't had a good meal in quite a while. My new work schedule has really messed things up. I don't have meals at home Monday through Wednesday, I have to be to the other end of town on Thursdays and Fridays for a class so we eat out, and Saturday/Sunday we have been out and about camping or whatnot. I guess I've had some awesome salads though if that counts ;S
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    Thursday QOTD : I had this GEORGOUS chicken in tomato and basil sauce from Tesco, its 150 cals for half a pack and your supposed to team it with something else, but if you have a full pack for 300 cals it makes a great dinner!!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wed 8/10: We are often inspired or motivated by words. Will you please share your favorite quote, bible verse, prayer, song, joke, poem, or words of wisdom? ""Trust in the Process, Believe in Yourself & Be Patient"...Courtney from the Biggest Loser.

Thursday QOTD: We are about to finish this challenge and essentially be on our own again, so can you give us an example of the best meal you made or had which was within your given calorie allowance? Check out Sparkspeople recipe app. You can get alot of healthy recipe ideas from there. Best one so far is the Spinach Frittata
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    QOTD Wed 8/10: We are often inspired or motivated by words. Will you please share your favorite quote, bible verse, prayer, song, joke, poem, or words of wisdom? ""Trust in the Process, Believe in Yourself & Be Patient"...Courtney from the Biggest Loser.

Love it! Thanks for the reminder.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When the Wind of Change Blows...

Some build Walls, Others build Windmills
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No matter how slow you go, your still lapping those on the couch!

meal : I really enjoyed by dinner the other night

grilled fresh tomatos from the garden on one slice of toast with a light grating of cheese.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    So I was thinking, now that this round is almost over...how about tomorrow we use a real photo, instead of our team color photos, for our profile pic and add our name to the posts. That way we can recognize each other next week.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    I love quotes. My favorite has been from the Biggest Loser, "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." But my new fav is a Jillian Michaels quote from Ripped in 30 "Transformation is not a future result, it's a current activity." That may not be exact, but you get the point!
  • journey2size10
    Options

for me my best meals are breakfast and dinner so my typical clean meals are
    breakfast: cup egg whites, 1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal and 1/2 banana, keeps me full for hours on end..
    dinner: 4-6 oz chicken breast strips, 1/2 cup rice and 1-2 cups brocolli or green beans