TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH - WEEK 2 - (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3... (Wednesday)

50 Sit ups - Done
    50 Mountain Climbers - Done
    100 Squat Kicks - extra done
    60min kick boxing - extra done
    30min Wii Step
    Calories - Under
    Water - Way over

Will do 2 miles today (Thursday) towards our 100.. and squeeze in the other 3 on Friday and Saturday...

I have a question.. do any of you experience weight gain when exercising?
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    All challenges complete for Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs
    All water consumed for Mon, Tues, Wed, and expect same for Thurs
    Mon, Tues and Wed Calories under.

Extra walking towards 100 mile challenge
    Mon: 5 miles
    Tues: 3 miles walking
    1 mile swimming
    Wed: 10 miles biking, 2 miles walking

Weight is the same, but body fat pinch test at gym shows overall reduction of body fat.... so that must be the reason for the need for smaller jeans...... again document.write('');

Fyi, I will be without computer for the remainder of the week and will not be back till Monday
  • DLMcCutchen79
    DLMcCutchen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Report for day 3 of week 2:

Under calories
    only 5 cups of water today
    50 mountain climbers completed (didn't do the sit ups or crunches)
    I did get in an extra mile for the team though!
  • Bounre
    Bounre Posts: 10
    Options
    Wednesdays Report: completed challenge and was under my calorie goal.

Walk 1 extra mile
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have walked 4 extra miles.. in case I didnt report this.. Sorry.

Got it all done yesterday! :)
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In case you didn't see this post from liquidjem in the Motivation and Support board today...

Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Guilt Free
    The next time a double-fudge brownie indulgence has you racked with guilt remember this: Guilt just guarantees that your brownie will go straight to your belly. How? By causing you to ditch healthy eating completely. A recent study revealed that feeling bad for backsliding may cause people to abandon weight loss efforts all together. So tell that self-imposed guilt trip to hit the road. Just forgive yourself and move on.

In the study, researchers examined differing food attitudes and their impact on body composition. The people in the study who were "guilt-ridden dieters" had a higher body mass index (BMI) than the ones who tended not to be racked by guilt over occasional slips. This led researchers to suspect that guilt-ridden people adopt an "all-or-nothing" attitude with dieting. One misstep can lead to complete abandonment of healthy-eating plans.

Bottom line: Our food attitudes can have a pretty complicated impact on our weight and health. The study group that fared best? People who tended to be focused on nutrition. So, the take-home message here: Keep your eye on high-nutrition and high-fiber meals, but be more tolerant of yourself. If you give in to an occasional junk food craving, don't beat yourself up too much.
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    The following is INSPIRATION from my friend and fellow team lead Lori_menorahlover... PLEASE READ!

>>I'll be honest with you. I feel like crap today. My head is killing me and due to having heart disease and tachycardia I can't have caffeine and that includes Excedrine Migraine. My heart rate soars up to almost 300 bpm. BUT I press on. I will still workout and I will conquer. YOU CAN TOO! NO EXCUSES!!

Speaking of NO EXCUSES, I want to tell you all about Bob and I hope his story inspires you to never give up!!!

TODAY'S INSPIRING ROLE MODEL: ROBERT A LYNCH ESQ.

A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO I WORKED FOR BOB. BOB IS AN ATTORNEY SPECIALIZING IN DISABILITY. BOB IS A QUADRIPLEGIC. RIGHT AFTER HE GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL IN OHIO BOB WAS PREPARING TO LEAVE FOR COLLEGE OUT OF STATE WHEN HE WENT HIKING WITH FRIENDS AND FELL OFF A CLIFF. IT TOOK HOURS FOR HIM TO REACH A HOSPITAL AND SADLY THE LONGER IT TAKES TO GET HELP THE GREATER THE DAMAGE IN A SPINAL CORD INJURY. AS MONTHS WENT BY AND HE REALIZED HE WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK AGAIN OR USE HIS HANDS HE DECIDED HE WOULD BECOME AN ATTORNEY SO HE COULD TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF AND NOT BE A BURDEN ON HIS FAMILY.

BOB SPENT 8 YEARS AT OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, GOT HIS LAW DEGREE THEN WENT TO WORK FOR A PRESTIGIOUS LAW FIRM IN OHIO. BOB MARRIED. LATER HE MOVED TO MISSOURI. ONE DAY BOB'S WIFE LEFT HIM FOR SOMEONE ELSE. BOB PUT UP AN AD FOR HELP. I ANSWERED THAT AD. I LEARNED A LOT FROM BOB. WHETHER TAKING HIM TO COURT OR WATCHING HIM AT WORK I WAS ALWAYS AMAZED. HE TYPED EVERYTHING WITH A MOUTH APPLIANCE WITH A STICK ATTACHED TO IT OR HE WOULD USE DRAGON SPEAK COMPUTER SOFTWARE. NOTHING EVER SLOWED BOB DOWN. BOB CAN NOT DRESS HIMSELF. BOB CAN NOT TIE HIS SHOE. BOB CAN NOT COOK. BOB CAN NOT WALK. BOB CAN NOT ROLL HIMSELF OVER IN BED. BUT HAS BOB EVER GIVEN UP? NO.

I NO LONGER WORK FOR ROBERT A LYNCH ESQ. HE DECIDED HE WANTED TO BECOME A US FEDERAL JUDGE. OVER 700 OTHER ATTORNEYS APPLIED FOR THE ONE OPENING. I WATCHED BOB MAKE TRIPS TO WASHINGTON D.C. WITH HIS SERVICE DOG AND TAKE TESTS IN HOPES OF BEING THE ONE PERSON SELECTED.

ROBERT A LYNCH MY FORMER EMPLOYER AND QUADRIPLEGIC IS NOW A US FEDERAL JUDGE. HE GOT THE ONE SPOT THAT HUNDREDS OF OTHERS WANTED. BOB HAS NEVER GIVEN UP. THIS IS FOR YOU BOB. TY FOR TEACHING LORI THE MEANING OF THE WORD PERSEVERANCE.

TEAM PLEASE BE A BOB TODAY.

LORI

BTW IN HIS FREE TIME BOB STARTED AN ORGANIZATION TO BUILD A COMMUNITY HOME FOR DISABLED ADULTS WHO HAVE PARENTS THAT CAN LONGER CARE FOR THEM.

MEET BOB: http://www.mobar.org/voting/members/lynch.htm <<

My smileys won't work - but there was gonna be a heart here... I LOVE YA MISS LORI!

TEAM WITHERING A WEIGH... if you are not a friend of Miss Lori - have a look at her profile. She is truly an amazing and inspirational lady. Her PERSEVERANCE is astounding. Anytime I think 'oooooh - I don't feel very well today' - I remember Miss Lori.

YOU MY FRIENDS are AMAZING me with your dedication!! Keep it up! AUGUST is screaming like a little girly man!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Eating way under calories for too long? Or have friends that are? This post was a good read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    My total for 100 mile walk is now 3 miles :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ok team, I completed 5 miles today. So my 10 miles plus 1 additional mile are complete. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with more before the end of the challenge. Go TEAM!!!!!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    question for tomorrow I have one stair in my house and I honestly don't know of anywhere close that has stairs (most things here are one level) so what can I do in place for the 100 stairs?
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    under calories
    water 8+
    exercises done
    My total for 100 mile walk is now 3 miles :)
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    Today was good day.

100 Jumping Jacks = DONE
    3 sets of 21 = DONE (I did not cry like a little girl)
    8 glasses of water = DRANK
    Calories = UNDER (waaay under today. Was not very hungry today)

Don’t know if this will count, but in addition to the 4 miles I was supposed to run today, I also did 10 extra miles on my stationary bike. Can we use all/part of those extra miles towards our 100 mile goal?
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    question for tomorrow I have one stair in my house and I honestly don't know of anywhere close that has stairs (most things here are one level) so what can I do in place for the 100 stairs?

I have the very same question. Will a stair climber at the gym work for this?
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks - done
    21's -done
    water - 8 glasses
    under calorie goal
  • ShannGall
    ShannGall Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bicep curls and 100 jumping jacks done.. not good on water... under calories
  • juleseybaby
    Options

I have the very same question. Will a stair climber at the gym work for this?

You can do almost anything extra in place... such as 50 mountain climbers or 50 squat kicks again. You can also jog in place for 100 steps.

Yes - a stair climber at the gym will work as well.

Rock it ladies!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Today was good day.

100 Jumping Jacks = DONE
    3 sets of 21 = DONE (I did not cry like a little girl)
    8 glasses of water = DRANK
    Calories = UNDER (waaay under today. Was not very hungry today)

Don’t know if this will count, but in addition to the 4 miles I was supposed to run today, I also did 10 extra miles on my stationary bike. Can we use all/part of those extra miles towards our 100 mile goal?

We can ABSOLUTELY use those 10 extra miles!! YOU ROCK!!
  • juleseybaby
    Options
    Ok team, I completed 5 miles today. So my 10 miles plus 1 additional mile are complete. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with more before the end of the challenge. Go TEAM!!!!!

YES!! You guys are seriously amazing me!! I LOVE IT!!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    3x21's done
    100 jumping jacks done
    calories under
    water over.

5 miles done earlier