Almost time to renew my license ... How big should I lie?

Options
unfair_mom
unfair_mom Posts: 30 Member
Just wondering what thoughts are on the topic. It seems silly to put my true weight when I am confident that I will be lighter by the time my license arrives. ... So what if I subtract 20 or 30 pounds?

I have lost over 50 since last September and am still going strong! About 20 pounds from where I normally get stuck, but I am hopeful that I won't get stuck this time, now that my underactive thyroid and arthritis are under control.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    rll6ftv7x9ru.jpg
  • unfair_mom
    Options
    Lol, yes it is bad. But it also feels like a lie when I know I'll be almost 10 lb lighter by the time I get my license in the mail. Which makes me wonder if I should just subtract 10 lb so it will be about right when I get it.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    10lbs doesn't matter in this context.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I agree it doesn't really matter. I would put down my true weight.

ETA: Congrats on the 50 pound loss so far. Good job.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I'm glad my state doesn't have our weights on our licenses.
  • unfair_mom
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Ours doesn't either. But the lady at the desk asks and types it into their system.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    unfair_mom wrote: »
    Ours doesn't either. But the lady at the desk asks and types it into their system.

Oh in that case tell her you're 115.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Depends. Do they use the demographic information on your license for emergency situations? If it is just the gov't being nosy do w/e you want, I would just make sure it doesn't have some relevant use.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We don't have anything like that in the UK.......☺
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

You don't have driver's licenses? Looks like I'm moving to the UK.
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

You don't have driver's licenses? Looks like I'm moving to the UK.

Ha ha, no we don't have our weights on them. i am about to change my address on mine and will probably change the photo too as i am 185lbs lighter than the last photo. ( our photos are valid for 10yrs i think, and just an address change usually means we don't need to send new pics)
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I say go all out! Tell them you’re nine feet tall, 372 pounds, with purple eyes, green and orange feathers instead of hair, and a tail that regenerates when it’s cut or bitten off!

I think you could really have fun with this. I love getting my new license! Don’t even get me started on passport renewal. LOL!!!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'd be honest about it, unless you're really close to your goal. However, no one who looks at your license will know or care if the weight is 10 pounds different. I didn't get a new driver's license until I had reached my goal of 100 pounds lost, and no one who looked at my license ever mentioned it until I was down about 75 pounds. I think I got a total of two comments about my old license.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I lie about my hair color all the time. Bald isn't an acceptable choice, so they force me to lie.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have always lied about mine!! Usually by like 70 lb, call it denial or whatever! I had 200 on there for years when I was between 270-300.

The last time I renewed my license (in 2013) I was at 189 but on track to lose quite a bit more still so I said 170. Lying by just 19 lb seemed so minor to me! Now I am at 170, and have been slightly lower at times.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what thoughts are on the topic. It seems silly to put my true weight when I am confident that I will be lighter by the time my license arrives. ... So what if I subtract 20 or 30 pounds?

I have lost over 50 since last September and am still going strong! About 20 pounds from where I normally get stuck, but I am hopeful that I won't get stuck this time, now that my underactive thyroid and arthritis are under control.

Just move to New York, New Jersey, or Florida. None of the states in which I have lived include weight on their licenses.
  • unfair_mom
    Options

Oh in that case tell her you're 115.

Lol, I was thinking of sticking with a number I should be able to reach by the end of summer.