Breakfast suggestions please!!!

Options

Replies

• jlotz19
    jlotz19 Posts: 4
    Options
    I make a breakfast wrap with egg whites spinach mushrooms onions and salsa. The wrap is only 110 calories and everything in it comes to about 45 calories. It's delicious and keeps me full until the next meal. Hope this helps:)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Here are a few breakfast ideas that fill me up:

Egg whites with veggies such as mushrooms is good. I sometimes add a small amount of low fat cheese to mine as well. I do it egg mug style in the microwave and then put a whole grain english muffin with this. Here is the directions for this easy and quick method for an egg mug:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1573

Oatmeal cooked with your milk of choice is also great. I sweeten mine with splenda, add cinnamon, and sometimes some fresh fruit. In the fall, canned pumpkin is also great in oatmeal.

For cold cereal I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It tastes great and has a lot of protein for a breakfast cereal. I usually have mine with unsweetened almond milk or light vanilla soy milk.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and flax seed (I also add protein powder), eggs, sandwich thin with peanut butter, greek yogurt
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    today i had oatmeal with sliced almonds, tbsp of peanut butter, splenda, cinnamon & vanilla extract. YUM.

other days, i usually have greek yogurt with granola, berries and honey.
  • HampsteadMan
    Options
    Hi

I think Alpen Light bars do the job at 70 calories each and they have a high fibre (British English spelling!) content of around 5 grams each which help satiety. I agree with other posters about eggs....if you want to save further calories have an egg WHITE omelette (that spelling again).

Good Luck!
  • SimplyLiving21
    Options
    I completely agree with oatmeal, but I also love Luna Bars. They have so many flavors to choose from and it always satisfies my sweet tooth! Great job at your weight loss already, keep it up!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is this:

1 whole egglands best eggs
    1/4 cup 100% Egg whites
    1/4 cup red onion
    1/4 cup green pepper
    1 sice reduced fat cheese slice
    1 slice thin sliced ham

Thats filling and UNDER 200 cals.

I aslo have coffee with creamer and spelnda!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I currently am eating 1 whole boiled egg and 1 whole boiled white, 2 pieces of 40 calorie bread spread with light cream cheese, and 4 large cherry tomatoes..........Mmmmmm - 234 calories:bigsmile:
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I eat one egg over hard with one piece of natures own sugar free bread.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal with some thawed frozen fruit in it for a good quick hearty breakfast.

Also like Eggs
    Also like yogurt
    Also like fresh fruit.... a banana is awesome in the morning.

I too tend to stay away from breads in the morning, not a big fan of all the carbs first thing to start my day!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I were craving carbs I'd have a piece of whole grain toast to satisfy that craving, and put peanut butter on it to keep me full for a while.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just had Greek yogurt, with blueberries and a Quinoa granola...yummy! High protein and good carbs!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    I bake a batch of oat bran muffins and have one every morning with my coffee. They're about 50 calories each, and the carbs are fairly low. Here's the recipe:

1-1/2 cup oat bran
    1-1/2 cup skim milk
    6 Tbsp egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp baking soda
    3/4 c brown sugar substitute
    1-1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp sea salt

Wisk all ingredients together, divide into 12 baking cups, and bake at 350F for about 30 mins.

My daughter likes to put fat free cream cheese on hers to add a protein boost (plus she loves cream cheese).
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!

I am stuck on raisin bran and ff milk for now.
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffin & 2 poached eggs is wha tI eat most morning. Sometimes I make my own egg mcmuffins by having only one egg and adding cheese and ketchup!
  • bbuckeye2724
    Options
    I have instant grits, I put a little garlic powder and Molly butter for flavor(It's in the seasoning aisle). Only 100 calories. With that I have some type of fruit and a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. Total my breakfast usually ends up being under 300 calories but I feel satisfied usually until lunch. Another favorite breakfast is Whole Wheat English muffin toasted with low fat peanut butter, yogurt, and a banana. One more in my rotation is 3 egg whites w/mushrooms and spinach, 1 slice whole wheat toast and usually some type of fruit, you pick!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Original quick oats oatmeal. The old fashioned tub has almost no sugar, is low cal, and feels very 'carby' even though its not that high. Sometimes I add a spoonful of peanut butter after to get some fat and protein to balance. Very filling :)

Second that! :D
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    eggs and toast(ezekeil bread) Oatbran or oatmeal with fruit or eggs. Fruit and eggs. Veggies and eggs
  • LaurieRny
    LaurieRny Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas - Thanks! :)
  • dmh1973
    dmh1973 Posts: 1
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory makes a really good soft wrap. They are huge and only 100 calories each. You can get them with added fiber and flax. They really stick with me. I just scramble up 1 egg and 1 egg white, 1/8 cup of low fat shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of salsa and sometimes when I make time, I load it with veggies too! It makes a super quick and filling breakfast and you can take it to go! I find them at Meijer by the other tortilla's. Hope you find something that works for you!