Do you think it’s possible to go from a D-cup to a B or even A cup?

Options
Hi I’m 5’1.5, 118 lbs with a goal weight of 104, and have a 34D bust. I know it’s a longshot and probably not very realistic, but I’ve always hated having big boobs and I really just want to have really small boobs or something close to it. I started off at 133 lbs about six months ago and I’m pretty sure they haven’t gotten smaller since. If anyone has any breast reduction tips, please let me know. Also, surgery is not an option because I’m a college student low on cash.

Replies

• FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry, but no, not with the numbers you’re talking about here. Have you looked into your options through insurance?
  • 104lbs
    104lbs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yeah that’s what I figured I really just want to get down to a 34B but I know I can probably only get to a C-cup at best and my insurance would only cover it if I were having severe back pain
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    At my smallest 5 years ago I weighed 115 lbs and wore an A cup. I am 5’4 currently 135 lbs and I’m a 34d
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Agreed that it’s unlikely with your numbers. I went from DDD to C/D, but I lost 100 pounds.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry you're in this situation. You have the stats of my best friend in high school who always felt that boys treated her inappropriately because of her size.

Do you do any strength training? That's the best way to lower your body fat percentage while staying the same weight - might help a little.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the opposite place. I lost about 5 pounds, am still overweight, and went from about a G cup (nursing) to a B cup with broad shoulders (so I look close to flat.) My grandmother was my height, 20 pounds lighter, and always wore a D or DD cup. I did not inherit her genetic makeup in the bust, I guess.
  • Arielnesika
    Arielnesika Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say probably not. I'm nowhere close to your measurements, but I was hoping for a similar outcome. I've lost 90 pounds so far and, ironically, gone from a 44DD to 38G. An even more inconvenient size.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think that you can lose weight and see how that affects you, but I don't think that will reduce you as much as you want. I do want to make you aware, though, that if you ever have the chance to get a reduction, it may affect your ability to breastfeed (if you're interested in doing that later on). One of my co-workers once was unable to nurse her baby after a reduction, but I've heard other moms have no problem with it, too. I just wanted to make you aware of the possibility.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on how much breast tissue you have and how much of it is fat. The higher proportion of fat in them, the more likely they’ll shrink as you lose. Nothing you can do about breast tissue though, I’m afraid, unless you get it surgically removed.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    not from your weight, its clear your boobs arent fat based
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I agree with @JaydedMiss at your current weight it looks like the boobs you have are there to stay - embrace them! I'm still a DD despite losing nearly 30 lbs so its my lot to be stuck with mine and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Have you had children yet? I lost at least a cup size after pregnancy/breastfeeding. But I’m not sure that was a good thing.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    just remember when wishing for them to get smaller. . what they do is deflate...i wish mine had stayed... :'(
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I hated having larger breasts too, especially the attention from men. But as I got older I realised there's nothing I could do about it (would never consider surgery unless life saving) and just got used to them. I dress more for larger breasts, like not wearing horizontal stripes, v neck tops rather than round neck or high neck tops. Eventually you'll figure it out and what works for you and embrace them.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 147lbs to 126lb, and from a 34D to something around a 34B (still trying to get a bra to fit properly).

With what you have to lose, it's probably unlikely.

HOWEVER - when did you last have a PROPER bra fitting done professionally? Not a take-a-tape-measure and add an inch measurement, but one done by properly trained bra fitters.

Get properly fitted and you'll find getting clothes to suit easier, plus in the long-term it will help physically. To be honest, something like 80% of women are in the wrong size, you see boobs being held up by the shoulder straps (wrong), the chest strap element riding between the shoulder blades (wrong).

Get fitted properly, but no, chances of ever having 'small' boobs is unlikely.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I went from a B to a D so you can definitely do it in reverse, you just need a surgeon .

Maybe once your finished with your schooling then you'll be able to pay for the surgery. I financed mine and made low monthly payments. It did take years for me to pay off though and I don't know if that's a good idea if you also have student loans. ( I don't know where your located, I didn't check your profile so forgive me if that's not relevant)
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I had reduction surgery years ago due to back and neck problems - Now I am only a 34D (I consider this "small" by comparison). I am 5'"2

I really understand the issues around being bigger (I was a 34J pre-surgery) and I had already tackled my extra "weight" to try to reduce the size naturally. The surgery is more invasive than implants, and definitely not for the faint-hearted.

So, what I suggest is simply keep an eye on your weight, keep fit and healthy, get properly measured for the correct size bra (most women are in the wrong size). And good luck...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    at your current weight and goal weight, id say no (but everyone is different)

i went from a 44DD to a 38C but was also almost 300 pounds at the DD and 180 now, so mine may get smaller yet, but only time will tell
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i went from 154lbs to 130lbs and radically changed my body composition (lifting weights, running and netball) and have gone from a 34DD to 34B. So it is possible. Change probably occured over 3 years or so. the caution to this tale: they arent exactly pretty looking now they are deflated!