100 pounds gone in college (The good and bad of my weightloss). Hope this inspire you!

124»

Replies

• igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Amazing story, very powerful!!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Stunning transformation!
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    You are gorgeous! Great job! I love that you are giving yourself counseling next, you are taking such good care of yourself!

I’m so sorry for the pains. I know the feeling of being used while looking for love. Just keep loving yourself like you are (I know you said you have low self esteem, but the steps you are taking are acts of love to yourself) and it should help you through the difficulties of being single, and help you eventually pick your partner if you want one- who is loving to you. You won’t settle for less than the real deal if you are well practiced at loving yourself.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you so much, this literally made my day. I am a working progress, but good thing is...I'm still working!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I wanted to share my story with whoever is willing to read. Hopefully it will motivate you on your weight loss journey. All my life I was that girl. The one who hated going to the doctors office because you know you'll have "the talk" about your health, scared to get on roller coaster rides because you thought you would be embarrassed because you couldn't fit on the ride, gym class and the mirror was my enemy, shopping was horrid, and lunch time was a relief. I always said "I'm sick of this, Im going to lose weight." Then after one week of pure motivation I'll give up and say to myself months later "Dang I could of been lost the weight if I would of stuck to it". When I entered college things were no different. I hate myself and my body. Guys my age wouldn't look in my direction and girls my age just stared.

Until January 19, 2017, I stepped on the scale. I saw 301 pounds, and let me tell you. My heart sunk, I had to face the harsh reality that I was 20 years old with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and at risk for diabetes. Something had to give and it wasn't going to be my life. I started working out, playing tennis, and strength training. The weight started to fall off. Don't get me wrong I messed up! You had a cheat meal and felt bad? Heck, I had cheat weeks! But I kept moving forward. I couldn't dwell on mess ups. I told myself the best 21st birthday present I could give myself is not something materialistic but happiness and good health. When my birthday came around (October 31st), I was 100 pounds lighter. I reached good health, still working on pure happiness.

This journey has been truly inspiring and taught me a lot. I have lost friends, saw the ugly side of family members, and been used by guys who only want me for one thing. I suffer from low self worth and self esteem issues where I tend to chase guys because I feel that every guy who call me beautfiul has good intentions. So I've lowered my standards due to loneliness. I am now seeking counseling and working on valuing myself more.

HOWEVER

I wouldn't change this for the world. I NOW look in the mirror, I go to the doctor with a smirk, the gym is now my power source, and roller coasters no longer scare me. I am a better person who still have flaws. Weightloss does not fix everything, actually it exposes the cracks of things that was already broken. Do not let this deter you from your weight loss journey. I just wanted to be 100 percent real with you all. Nothing in life worth having is easy. Trust me. I wish you all the best and I hope this find you well.
    SW:301lbs
    CW:190's lbs (Haven't stepped on scale in a while)
    GW:180 lbs
    winner-you_1.png

W <3 W and YAY YOU~You look like a million bucks (tax-free). Your drop dead gorgeous & super healty looks aside, what you've shared makes me want to do an ULTRA "happy dance" for you, knowing what such a super YOUNG woman you are and to not only purposely choose and DO the tough job of CHANGING now is soooo very PRUDENT, sooo very MATURE, soooo very TOUGH minded and is what I constantly refer to here on Mfp as COOL and FUN. B) You've given me such hope in our younger generation--WOW! That you "understand" that doing it NOW, while you're so very young, instead of waiting and waisting years & years of unhealthy living and thinking--instead of continuing in doing what you were doing (and thus continuing getting what you've gotten) make you WISE BEYOND YOUR YEARS and a super cool and fun young lady! What you've shared here is nothing less than tremendous AND so very inspiring and encouraging too. Your parents are BLESSED to have a daughter like you--thank you for sharing and BOOM!
    o:)<3o:)

Yes! I was going to say the same thing. Not only am I completely impressed you dropped 100lbs all on your own, I am blown away at your maturity and insight. You are worlds wiser than many twice your age. To have the insight to know that you needed to change for your health, the determination to do it, the resolve to not let the slips derail you and the maturity to realize that losing weight doesn't equate happiness is astounding. Give yourself a giant pat on the back for going to counseling to work on your self-worth. I hope this thread lets you see just how AMAZING you are.
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    I wanted to share my story with whoever is willing to read. Hopefully it will motivate you on your weight loss journey. All my life I was that girl. The one who hated going to the doctors office because you know you'll have "the talk" about your health, scared to get on roller coaster rides because you thought you would be embarrassed because you couldn't fit on the ride, gym class and the mirror was my enemy, shopping was horrid, and lunch time was a relief. I always said "I'm sick of this, Im going to lose weight." Then after one week of pure motivation I'll give up and say to myself months later "Dang I could of been lost the weight if I would of stuck to it". When I entered college things were no different. I hate myself and my body. Guys my age wouldn't look in my direction and girls my age just stared.

Until January 19, 2017, I stepped on the scale. I saw 301 pounds, and let me tell you. My heart sunk, I had to face the harsh reality that I was 20 years old with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and at risk for diabetes. Something had to give and it wasn't going to be my life. I started working out, playing tennis, and strength training. The weight started to fall off. Don't get me wrong I messed up! You had a cheat meal and felt bad? Heck, I had cheat weeks! But I kept moving forward. I couldn't dwell on mess ups. I told myself the best 21st birthday present I could give myself is not something materialistic but happiness and good health. When my birthday came around (October 31st), I was 100 pounds lighter. I reached good health, still working on pure happiness.

This journey has been truly inspiring and taught me a lot. I have lost friends, saw the ugly side of family members, and been used by guys who only want me for one thing. I suffer from low self worth and self esteem issues where I tend to chase guys because I feel that every guy who call me beautfiul has good intentions. So I've lowered my standards due to loneliness. I am now seeking counseling and working on valuing myself more.

HOWEVER

I wouldn't change this for the world. I NOW look in the mirror, I go to the doctor with a smirk, the gym is now my power source, and roller coasters no longer scare me. I am a better person who still have flaws. Weightloss does not fix everything, actually it exposes the cracks of things that was already broken. Do not let this deter you from your weight loss journey. I just wanted to be 100 percent real with you all. Nothing in life worth having is easy. Trust me. I wish you all the best and I hope this find you well.
    winner-you_1.png

W <3 W and YAY YOU~You look like a million bucks (tax-free). Your drop dead gorgeous & super healty looks aside, what you've shared makes me want to do an ULTRA "happy dance" for you, knowing what such a super YOUNG woman you are and to not only purposely choose and DO the tough job of CHANGING now is soooo very PRUDENT, sooo very MATURE, soooo very TOUGH minded and is what I constantly refer to here on Mfp as COOL and FUN. B) You've given me such hope in our younger generation--WOW! That you "understand" that doing it NOW, while you're so very young, instead of waiting and waisting years & years of unhealthy living and thinking--instead of continuing in doing what you were doing (and thus continuing getting what you've gotten) make you WISE BEYOND YOUR YEARS and a super cool and fun young lady! What you've shared here is nothing less than tremendous AND so very inspiring and encouraging too. Your parents are BLESSED to have a daughter like you--thank you for sharing and BOOM!

Yes! I was going to say the same thing. Not only am I completely impressed you dropped 100lbs all on your own, I am blown away at your maturity and insight. You are worlds wiser than many twice your age. To have the insight to know that you needed to change for your health, the determination to do it, the resolve to not let the slips derail you and the maturity to realize that losing weight doesn't equate happiness is astounding. Give yourself a giant pat on the back for going to counseling to work on your self-worth. I hope this thread lets you see just how AMAZING you are.

Thank you so much, I really needed to hear this. Your comment was truly a blessing to my day.
  • sharneseconey7376
    sharneseconey7376 Posts: 19 Member
    Wow. Congrats to you I thought I was reading my story. I started on January 19th of this year. Also this year I will be celebrating my 30th birthday, October 25th and I promised myself that I would not spend the next 10 years of my life unhealthy and that by my birthday, I would be healthier. Thank you for giving me the motivation to continue this journey and good luck and blessings to you.
  • IzzyFlower2018
    IzzyFlower2018 Posts: 121 Member

HOWEVER

winner-you_1.png

clap clap calp calp clap calp clap clap calp calp clap calp clap clap calp calp clap calp ... *kitten* straight the winner is her! Well said NewLIFEstyle4ME!!!!

1) You lost no friends. People who leave when you are doing something positive for you were NEVER your friends... they did you a favor ... add their dead weight to your weight loss. I pray after counseling you realize you are actually hundreds of pounds lighter and that is great for your body mind and soul.

2) Its devastating when family remembers don't want to get on board ... but it looks like you graduated Alpha Gamma Sigma and Pi Sigma Alpha, so you were already winning in life. Then you just got up one day and said Ima lose 100 lbs and less than a year later its completed. You are the definition of determined and I am scared of you, lol! But seriously those reactions are reflections on how they feel about themselves... i.e. their insecurities and their failures. It is not you, your amazing!

3) You are so young... all women have loser guy stories and you would not believe the number of girls who were always "attractive" and still have no self worth. The fact you have taken charge of your health, identified your weaknesses, and are already addressing them at 21 makes you more extraordinary then you know.

Bless you on your continued journey and I really appreciate you for sharing this part of your life ... its nothing short of incredible.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! Go YOU!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Hi there well done, KUDOS to you , big wonderful hugs :) . I love what this person said,(" add their dead weight to your weight loss. ") (lol, I am also going to take that to heart), lots of girls lowed their standards when they were young because they were lonely and guys said they love you, ( innocent and naive, its what good girls are), let go, I wish I had done when I was as young as you, you are more mindful now and that is what counts. Cheers :) "at 21 makes you more extraordinary then you know."

I hate to exercise alone, I don't know how but I am going to try to! , NO I am going to change my mind about that. I am inspired girrrrl :) (" add their dead weight to your weight loss. ") too funny and cool :)
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Gurlahh! You are beautiful. Congrats on the perseverance to trust the process and keep fighting daily. Losing weight is truly a two-fold process: the physical and the mental. You look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!