25 lbs, who is with me?

Options

Replies

• Arilynngma
    Arilynngma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    mz144 wrote: »
    Had a great weigh in this morning, down 2 pounds! So excited to see this and weighing myself on Friday gives me so much motivation to not sabotage myself this weekend. Thinking about doing a weekly Friday weigh in, just to see what's working for me through the week or not. Hope everyone is having a great Friday the 13th too!! :smiley:

Congrats mz144! A Friday weight in sounds like a great idea. I'm going to give that a shot also since the weekends are definitely the hardest for me. Happy Friday :):)
  • DorothyM11
    DorothyM11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just rejoined after being gone a while. Similar goal. My goal is to lose a lb a week and after my first weigh-in at home (I never weigh myself which is how I got to this place) I met that goal. I need to lose at least 30. Let's do it!
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm in !! My start weight was 195 ish now I'm sitting at 175 ish .. I want to be around 145 ish as goal
  • newkris5
    newkris5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Wanna lose 30 lbs before my cruise
  • newkris5
    newkris5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wellmanv wrote: »
    I have lost 25lbs so far, I'm about half way to my goal weight. What has worked for me is keeping myself accountable and keeping track of every single thing I eat. I eat approximately 1300 calories per day. I have done very minimal exercise (basically none, with the occasional 10-20min walk). I allow myself "cheat" days occasionally when I feel like I need a break from keeping track. I eat foods that I love (including full fat dairy, white bread, pizza, pasta, etc.)! I just make sure that whatever I eat ends up to be 1300 calories at the end of the day.

Losing weight doesn't have to be miserable! Do what works for you. Eat the types of food you like, just smaller amounts. Do activities that you like if you want to burn some calories off. If you hate biking, you won't be motivated to do it. But if you love walking, do that!

I hope the best for all of you! It's not easy at first getting used to eating less, but it is SO worth it in the end!
    I'm trying and I agree just eat in moderation and exercise.. keep moving!!
  • xOlaf
    xOlaf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Boy are the weekends hard... Not doing too well these past few days, but I'll get there again! I try to remind myself of the bigger picture, that is I'm still down at least 10 lbs compared to a month ago. Can't complain too much!
  • brocktoon666
    brocktoon666 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Another indulgent Friday and Saturday. Today’s lunch is very light with a lot of fruit. The bike is set up now so if I can get an hour in at least 4x this week, it will be a great improvement.
  • mz144
    mz144 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I need to find a balance for the weekends, I do so good through the week and then I end up having pizza and chips & salsa in one evening on the weekend and all my careful lunch planning and exercising through the week goes right out the door. It's come and rainy here today so it was hard getting myself to get up and go to work this morning and I couldn't force myself to stay after work to hit the gym so I came home and I'm planning on doing some interval training. Hope to have another good weigh in Friday so got to get my butt into gear and work off my extra weekend calories. Happy Monday all!
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Ugh typed up a long thing and hit the back button. Here is the abridged version. Good week, lots of movement. Weights set up. Anticipating good weigh in Sunday.

Cheers
  • aloveday627
    aloveday627 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in also! Looking to lose 20-30 pounds by October. I have been eating low sugar and no "white" carbs, quit diet coke, and taking hard walks every day.
  • mz144
    Options
    Another good Friday weigh in but I know I'll go over calories tonight as I'm just having a good time at home relaxing with my husband without any kids, having a couple drinks and eating some delicious dinner. I'll get myself because on track tomorrow as I have a busy day ahead of me with both kids having their first soccer game of the season, among many other things that seem to all fall on the same day but I went grocery shopping today and bought some healthy snacks to help me keep on track. I'm starting to finally see a steady decline in weight so I'm excited. I hope a you all are doing great and you all have a wonderful, healthy weekend!
  • Jesimet24
    Jesimet24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is to incorporate more workouts into my daily regimen. I'm getting better at watching what I eat and I've lost 40 lbs using this app but these last 10 pounds are relentless.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Walked and ran for three miles. May make it 4 or 5, felt warmed up on the last stretch. Gotta do it again next week, I feel fantastic.
  • xxzoiiexx
    xxzoiiexx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    At least 3.5 miles of running with another 1 or so in walking. I am jump starting this week with this perfect weather.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Good to see the scale at 7.5 lbs less and progress is made.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Finally taking the steps to do this if anyone wants to join me. Current I am at 190lbs and want to be 165lbs.

I’m about a week in in making changes to what and how I consume food and drink. Cheers

Nearly the same figures as me
  • Obroom2016
    Obroom2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 180lbs, goal is 150lbs. I've been a vegetarian for over a year, and drink absolutely nothing but water and black coffee for the last 8 years or so. However, I'm addicted to SWEETS! It's my weakness. My company just started a "Biggest Loser" game so I joined for some motivation. Weigh-in is tomorrow, game goes until August.

The only way I ever seem to lose weight is by running. A LOT of running. Doesn't matter what I eat/don't eat, the only thing that drops the number is running.
  • mz144
    Options
    In a rut with working out. Just haven't felt like doing anything besides some short walks and even then it's chilly and I just can't enjoy it. Needing some motivation or tough love to kick me in the butt to get moving again. Haven't been over calories any but still need to make a change and get back to myself. Have to remember why I'm on this weight loss journey. Working on changing my mindset, tomorrow will be a good day and I'll look forward to a good workout. If I say it enough times maybe I'll believe it.
  • brocktoon666
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @mz144 put on some heavy clothes and get outside. I’m going to now because the last two days of running I feel refreshed and relaxed, and it’s easy to meet calorie goals. I had the best sleep in about 2 months last night. Because at this age, I am seeing dieting isn’t enough. Movement is essential.