How many vegetables do you eat regularly?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ninebubblewaters
    Ninebubblewaters Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat as much as possible! I love veggies and fruits and feel great when I incorporate a lot of them
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 10 serves of vegetable a day and have two serves of fruit on top of this. My salads are huge.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have at least 2-3 servings worth of veggies with dinner and usually 1-2 with lunch but not always.

Asparagus and brocollini are two I’ve been enjoying with dinner lately. Also baby spinach is great in salads and more nutrient dense than plain lettuce. I also do a lot of sales with cabbage and other veggies which I love
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I try for 2-3 fruits every day and 4-6 servings of veggies. I am a household of one, so I usually eat the same veggies for a week at a time and then change it up the next time I go grocery shopping. This week I'm building my meals around broccoli, carrots, bags of frozen stir fry vegetables, bell peppers, onions, and tomato sauces and salsa. And pinto beans, if we're counting those as vegetables.

Next week I'll be eating spinach, cabbage, broccoli, tomato sauces, split peas, celery, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have whatever berries are in season with my oatmeal in the morning and a huge salad at lunch and sometimes salad for dinner too. Arugula is my favorite salad green; I'll eat it plain, right out of the bag.

I love vegetables generally, though. I spent about a year and a half as a vegetarian and even though I ultimately went back to eating meat, my time as a vegetarian made me a better cook because I had to find new things to eat and I had to learn how to cook them. If you want to get better at cooking vegetables and/or making meatless meals, two cookbooks I recommend are Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison (in its second edition now, I think) and Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 servings a day. Ideally I would like to do more, but I think fiber can be tricky for my digestive system so that's one reason why I'm not eating more. Also, I try to mainly stick with ones that are considered more tame on the digestive system, including spinach, green beans, lettuce, carrots, and sweet potatoes. I eat only small amounts of broccoli and cauliflower.
  • stevenscott5582
    stevenscott5582 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you off the top of my head how many servings of vegetables I get but I do know vegetables play a HUGE role in my diet. I eat a lot of grilled chicken and am always grilling vegetables alongside it, usually a medley.
    They've really been a game changer for me. I've found that by eating lots of vegetables, I'm able to eat more and more without the calorie count rising sharply.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    About 5-6 veggie portions and 2 fruit portions a day for me