Frustrated.....What am I doing Wrong??

Options
omdemelo
omdemelo Posts: 15 Member
I have been doing this for almost 3 wks now....Getting frustrated....macros on point give 1 or 2 grams difference on carbs, calories on point give 100 lower or higher. I am not noticing anything going on....I was never a breakfast eater so this not getting hungry i can't relate to...it would be late afternoon is when the hunger would start...my mornings consisted of 2 coffees, which I still do but are now BPC...my 5wk process says I will weigh the same as I do now? I am diabetic and my sugar levels are unbelievable out of these 3wks I have only had to take 1 pill, 4 times on the odd day. I use to take 4pills a day...so that is wonderful but I would like to see some weight loss to...as for the washroom thing I really can't go but losing water gain because I was a frequent urination person to begin with...hopefully someone could shed some light on this for me....Oh and before this life style I was a lover of potatoes chips and popcorn and sugary yum yums everyday....am I doing something wrong my macros are 5% carbs/20% protein/75% fat and 1200 calories...

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose, and what rate of loss are you trying for per week?

Are you using a food scale to weigh out your portions?

What did the scale say on day one, and what does it say now?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are constipated? Feces has weight too.

I would stop worrying about macros, and instead focus on correct logging of calories, if you aren't already.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    So...no fiber, then? No wonder you're retaining food.

Why 5% carbs? Why 1200? How are you measuring that food?
  • omdemelo
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Going to the washroom is pretty good...I need to loss 30lbs....yes I do have fiber which at times brings my total carbs down around 15-20 grams...I have been logging everyday for 19 days...I measure my food on my scale...this is why I feel I must be doing something wrong?? The reason for the 5% carbs and 1200 is when I logged in at the beginning and watching youtube a lot of channels said that where my macros and calories should be at....
  • kimny72
    Options
    Have you lost weight at all in this 3 weeks? With 30 lbs to lose, you should be looking to lose @ 1 lb per week.

Would you be willing to make your diary public, maybe we can spot something with fresh eyes?
  • omdemelo
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yes I would love to do that....for example yesterday my calories where at bit higher but my total carbs were 20 and my fiber was 9 which brings me down to 11 net carbs....now keep in mind I am new to this so some days there where some mistakes but overall pretty good....and I go by this due to being a diabetic how much my sugar level has done a 360....I don't know how to make it public? Cause any help would be so appreciated!
  • omdemelo
    edited April 2018
    Options
    See the problem is I forgot to weigh myself before starting but I have been weighing myself for the last 2wks and that's where I don't see any change...and I have a blood meter which I am usually around the 1.5mmol keto levels
  • slowpokeleeks
    slowpokeleeks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly 1200 calories sounds too low. I found that when I have a bigger breakfast, I’m not hungry in the evenings, when I skip breakfast. I’m hungry like a freaking savage in the evenings and the cravings are harder to control. Also, your protein intake should be a bit higher and don’t cut out the carbs, just eat the right carbs. I always thought that eating sub 2000 calories would help me lose weight but I have found that I should be eating around 3000 calories to be healthy
  • kimny72
    Options
    omdemelo wrote: »
    See the problem is I forgot to weigh myself before starting but I have been weighing myself for the last 2wks and that's where I don't see any change...and I have a blood meter which I am usually around the 1.5mmol keto levels

It's really easy for water weight fluctuations to hide fat loss on the scale in the short term, and 2 weeks is short term, so you might not be doing anything wrong.

If you go to Settings, there should be a section for Diary Settings and you can set your Diary Sharing setting there.

Obviously if you have health issues, you need to monitor more than just calories, but calories are what decide if you will ultimately lose weight or not. Glucose readings, ketone levels, macros can all have their place in the process, but they don't directly cause fat loss or gain.
  • KDNotaro
    KDNotaro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Katie and I'm here to lose about 20 lbs before my wedding in September! I am looking for friends who have a 1200 calorie goal because I'd like to be able to see what you all eat and get some ideas. Nice to meet everyone :)
  • omdemelo
    Options
    I think I made it public....lol
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    omdemelo wrote: »
    I think I made it public....lol

Nope, not public yet.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I can't view your diary to see if there's any foods that could be knocking you out of ketosis, which with carbs that low I am assuming you're going for. Some weeks you won't see much of a change, others you'll experience a woosh where it all drops. Some sugary sauces can have tons of hidden sugars and carbs in them, ketchup, teriyaki sauces, etc. If you know you're still in ketosis, just give it time. The more weight you have the easier it is to lose, if you're on your last 5-10lbs that will take awhile.

The most important thing now is that you've lowered your medication dosages and your sugar levels are getting better, that is huge! That's a big NSV!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Also there is a Low Carb forum that you can join if you want tips and tricks too. GL!
  • omdemelo
    Options
    I made it public now..
  • omdemelo
    Options
    Yes due to being a diabetic I will only fast for 10hrs because I don't want my sugar levels going to low...I tried once to do longer but my levels went to low....
  • kimny72
    Options
    Okay, now we're in business :smile: A couple of things jump out at me:
    1. I see lots of "generic" or recipe-style entries. Are these entries you found in the database? Try not to use other people's random entries, you have no idea what went into them. Log each individual ingredient, either right into your diary or into the recipe builder. Double check the entries you are using to the package info or to the USDA values.
    2. Try weighing all solid foods. "4 ribs" could be all different sizes and weights. Whole food, packaged food, meat, veggies, everything you possibly can should go on the scale.

I'm really not familiar with all of the keto-brand foods you're logging, so I have no idea whether those entries are accurate or not. Just double check an entry before you use it.

If you are exercising at all, make sure to log it and eat back at least some of those calories.

When you are dealing with a health condition and your body getting used to a new way of eating, water weight fluctuations and your own learning curve can result in a slow start. Just keep learning and be patient!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    I can't view your diary to see if there's any foods that could be knocking you out of ketosis, which with carbs that low I am assuming you're going for. Some weeks you won't see much of a change, others you'll experience a woosh where it all drops. Some sugary sauces can have tons of hidden sugars and carbs in them, ketchup, teriyaki sauces, etc. If you know you're still in ketosis, just give it time. The more weight you have the easier it is to lose, if you're on your last 5-10lbs that will take awhile.

The most important thing now is that you've lowered your medication dosages and your sugar levels are getting better, that is huge! That's a big NSV!

even if she is being knocked out of ketosis, if she is in a deficit she will lose weight. carbs being higher have nothing to do with not losing weight unless they put her over her maintenance calories. since weight loss is NOT linear there will be times you dont lose weight,as it fluctuates all the time. and if she is having issues with BMs that can mask weight loss as well.
  • omdemelo
    Options
    They are from youtuber Keto Connect or Headbangers Kitchen....I also do "Maria's" homemade things cuz those are ones I have made myself with weighing and measuring stuff....thank you so much everyone