Frustrated.....What am I doing Wrong??

Options

Replies

• omdemelo
    omdemelo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I found the "generic" in the data base...I thought those where just basic whatever the food was....is that incorrect?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    omdemelo wrote: »
    Yes I found the "generic" in the data base...I thought those where just basic whatever the food was....is that incorrect?

never use generic entries you can make your own recipes with the recipe builder. as for say packaged food find an entry that matches the label. many entries are incorrect. you can also make your own so that you will have them later.
  • omdemelo
    Options
    So to sum this up...does it look like I am doing ok and to just be patient?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    So to sum this up...does it look like I am doing ok and to just be patient?

Yes, just tighten up your logging a little as you go. And give it a few more weeks to really see how you're doing. Here's a great post about common logging errors and how to fix them:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    ajsfire wrote: »
    I'm going to throw this out there. Do you have signs of adrenal fatigue? Many of us do, I've been Keto for 4 years and stalled for almost 2 before it was suggested COFFEE, my beloved and cherished morning savior could be messing with my hormones and cortisol. After a few weeks without, never felt better and the scale was moving again. I still have a cup every few weeks but do yoga and take a long walk after to counter its effect. If your hormones are off, no amount of diet or exercise is going to change your weight much. Keto can help balance them if you tweak what you eat. Multiple servings of veggies later in the day vs whenever you decide to break your fast. Veggies low on glycemic index. Meats that are fatty to begin with like salmon will satisfy you more. Grassfed beef vs grainfed will help control sugars vs raise them.

The other issue that can mess up weightloss is dairy. Creamy yummy dairy can raise b.s. # without you realizing it.

Enter your foods vs generic entries, check dressings, spices and sauces you might use for hidden carbs.

Added fat.....only add what you need to a meal. If you have weight to lose, dont fret about not hitting your fat macros. Once at maintenance, then hit the fat bombs if needed.

She's been doing this for 3 weeks.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    ajsfire wrote: »
    I'm going to throw this out there. Do you have signs of adrenal fatigue? Many of us do, I've been Keto for 4 years and stalled for almost 2 before it was suggested COFFEE, my beloved and cherished morning savior could be messing with my hormones and cortisol. After a few weeks without, never felt better and the scale was moving again. I still have a cup every few weeks but do yoga and take a long walk after to counter its effect. If your hormones are off, no amount of diet or exercise is going to change your weight much. Keto can help balance them if you tweak what you eat. Multiple servings of veggies later in the day vs whenever you decide to break your fast. Veggies low on glycemic index. Meats that are fatty to begin with like salmon will satisfy you more. Grassfed beef vs grainfed will help control sugars vs raise them.

The other issue that can mess up weightloss is dairy. Creamy yummy dairy can raise b.s. # without you realizing it.

Enter your foods vs generic entries, check dressings, spices and sauces you might use for hidden carbs.

Added fat.....only add what you need to a meal. If you have weight to lose, dont fret about not hitting your fat macros. Once at maintenance, then hit the fat bombs if needed.

first I want to say that I dont see how coffee is going to mess with horomones or cortisol level when cortisol is a stress hormone. if the scale was moving again from cutting it out it sounds like that maybe the stuff you were putting in it put you over your maintenance calories. keto doesnt mean it will balance hormones either. theres no proof of that. as for fatty meats helping you feel more satiated thats a person by person basis and may not be the case for everyone. dairy does NOT mess up weight loss.

I dont know where you got that misinformation but weight loss comes from a deficit,doesnt matter what way of eating you do whether its keto, HCLF,HPLF,paleo,vegetariam(I know vegetarians usually dont consume dairy)/ as for it raising blood sugar again thats going to be on a person by person basis. what raises blood sugar for one person may not for the other.

hidden carbs also will not inhibit weight loss. you should try to get enough fats because your body needs a decent amount of fats for hormone production,to help digest certain vitamins as some are fat soluble,and so on. you should only watch certain foods/macros if you have a health issue or allergy/intolerance. not because its going to prevent weight loss,because its not unless eaten in excess that causes a surplus
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising at all??
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Are you exercising at all??

exercise has nothing to do with weight loss at all. a calorie deficit is all thats needed. exercise is good for health and changing how your body looks.
  • derek_greer
    derek_greer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've been doing pretty good this week. You had a few days a week ago that your carbs went up above 50. You might double-check for "hidden carbs", but it sounds like you're on top of that. You said "as for the washroom thing I really can't go", but then said "Going to the washroom is pretty good". It sounds like you're indicating you're constipated by the first comment, but the second indicates you are doing "pretty good", so not sure what you're communicating there. Are you using keto urine tests? No they aren't terribly accurate, but they are valuable from a binary perspective (i.e. you're either are or are not in ketosis), especially in the beginning.
  • omdemelo
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @derek_greer....the washroom thing was ppl have said u go pee more at the beginning because u are losing water...I can't relate to that becuz I have always gone to the washroom often I don't know if that has to do with me being diabetic....going #2 is the norm (daily)...just clearing that up....I use a keto meter and they have been around 1.5 to 1.9 mmol.....thanks again for everyone's input....I am truly thankful for all the help....I was getting a bit frustrated and thought I am doing this wrong and all of u guys have confirmed I'm going in the right direction and I just need to be patient and to tweak my logging better! I know something good is going on since I use to take 4 pills a day for my diabetes (I just looked at my records) in 19days I have only taken 1pill for only 9 of them!! WooHoo!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    @derek_greer....the washroom thing was ppl have said u go pee more at the beginning because u are losing water...I can't relate to that becuz I have always gone to the washroom often I don't know if that has to do with me being diabetic....going #2 is the norm (daily)...just clearing that up....I use a keto meter and they have been around 1.5 to 1.9 mmol.....thanks again for everyone's input....I am truly thankful for all the help....I was getting a bit frustrated and thought I am doing this wrong and all of u guys have confirmed I'm going in the right direction and I just need to be patient and to tweak my logging better! I know something good is going on since I use to take 4 pills a day for my diabetes (I just looked at my records) in 19days I have only taken 1pill for only 9 of them!! WooHoo!!

I am hoping that you taking less pills is okay with your doctor? I hope you arent just taking less. I wouldnt want anyone(especially a newbie) to think its okay to just go off meds without a doctors approval.
  • omdemelo
    Options
    With a lot of diabetic insulin is adjusted to ur sugar levels daily whether ur needle form or pills....so I feel I don't need to ask my doctor whether I should be taken all my insulin pills due to this:

Diet and Hypoglycemia

You can get low blood sugar if you take too much insulin for the amount of carbohydrates you eat or drink. I maybe a newbie (as u put it) to the keto way of life but not to my diabetes....Thanks tho
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Honestly 1200 calories sounds too low. I found that when I have a bigger breakfast, I’m not hungry in the evenings, when I skip breakfast. I’m hungry like a freaking savage in the evenings and the cravings are harder to control. Also, your protein intake should be a bit higher and don’t cut out the carbs, just eat the right carbs. I always thought that eating sub 2000 calories would help me lose weight but I have found that I should be eating around 3000 calories to be healthy

Can you give an example of your 3000 calories meal?
    I’m currently on 1200 calories diet and it consists of:
    breakfast: oatmeal, boiled eggs, banana & 5 almonds
    lunch: chicken breast, brown rice & spinach soup
    dinner: grilled salmon & potato wedges
    snack: banana & raspberries shake
    Those are 1200 calories and I feel full.

I agree with having big breakfast because it helps with craving and avoid binge eating at dinner.

Why should I eat 3000 calories to be “healthy” or lose weight?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    With a lot of diabetic insulin is adjusted to ur sugar levels daily whether ur needle form or pills....so I feel I don't need to ask my doctor whether I should be taken all my insulin pills due to this:

Diet and Hypoglycemia

You can get low blood sugar if you take too much insulin for the amount of carbohydrates you eat or drink. I maybe a newbie (as u put it) to the keto way of life but not to my diabetes....Thanks tho

I didnt say you were a newbie to diabetes or anything else. you misconstrued what I meant by newbie. just asking if your dr was aware of what you are doing but if you think you know its ok then thats on you I guess.