What counts as clean eating?

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's different things to different people who follow different dieting approaches. I think the only truly clean ingredients that all of these diets share is water, and even that some people take to an extreme. It needs to be spring water or you're putting toxinz into your body.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I was smugly looking sideways.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Zodikosis wrote: »
    I'd like to take a moment and apologize to everyone on this thread. I know you all were just trying to help and I misread your reactions.

Meh, you weren't necessarily wrong with some of these posters. A lot of people on this forum like to smugly look down on others for making the mistakes that they themselves only recently learned to stop making. :|

Exactly. I’m a newbie and most of these people talk like a psycho nutritionist (not being helpful, questioning but when answered, they become defensive and condescending). I might as well stop being on a discussion from now on.

Just to be clear, since I'm on the way out the door for therapy, you're calling those of us who've answered the OP in this thread psychotic for the way we phrased our answers? There is some condescension happening in this thread, but I think you and I disagree on the source of it.

Gonna start a band and call it the Psycho Nutritionists. In between blistering rock songs, we'll provide advice on meeting macronutrient goals.

Rocking out to "McDonald's and Cake." I like it. Ooop... wrong thread. Feels like a Friday round here.

IKR!?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'd like to take a moment and apologize to everyone on this thread. I know you all were just trying to help and I misread your reactions.

Meh, you weren't necessarily wrong with some of these posters. A lot of people on this forum like to smugly look down on others for making the mistakes that they themselves only recently learned to stop making. :|

Exactly. I’m a newbie and most of these people talk like a psycho nutritionist (not being helpful, questioning but when answered, they become defensive and condescending). I might as well stop being on a discussion from now on.

Just to be clear, since I'm on the way out the door for therapy, you're calling those of us who've answered the OP in this thread psychotic for the way we phrased our answers? There is some condescension happening in this thread, but I think you and I disagree on the source of it.

Gonna start a band and call it the Psycho Nutritionists. In between blistering rock songs, we'll provide advice on meeting macronutrient goals.

Rocking out to "McDonald's and Cake." I like it. Ooop... wrong thread. Feels like a Friday round here.

IKR!?

:laugh:

"Don't go stealing my carbs"
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options

http://www.officialmacsabbath.com/

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Tq43 wrote: »
    For me clean eating is eating as little processed food as possible and very little added sugar. It looks like it means different things to different people though.
    It might depend on where your starting from. For me, I had a very high processed, high sugar diet, so reducing these significantly is clean eating for me.
    Good luck

I am not even sure what you mean by processed. Have you cut dairy and meat?
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Tq43 wrote: »
    For me clean eating is eating as little processed food as possible and very little added sugar. It looks like it means different things to different people though.
    It might depend on where your starting from. For me, I had a very high processed, high sugar diet, so reducing these significantly is clean eating for me.
    Good luck

I am not even sure what you mean by processed. Have you cut dairy and meat?

As I understand it processed means the food was preserved or cooked. Preserved by canning, freezing, chemicals, drying, salt-curing, etc. Cooked is kind of self-explanatory. Cheese falls in there somewhere. I think there are some things allowed and others are not but I am no psycho processed food expert.

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    using soap?
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't understand clean eating. My idea of clean eating would be perhaps no junk food, salty or fattening foods. Just healthy lean meats, fruits and veggies. :)
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I don't understand clean eating. My idea of clean eating would be perhaps no junk food, salty or fattening foods. Just healthy lean meats, fruits and veggies. :)

Since you can gain fat with them healthy lean meats, fruits, and veggies are all fattening foods.

I think you might be trying to say to cut out high sodium, high saturated fat, and high sugar foods.