What is your recent PR or accomplishment?

Options
13»

Replies

• KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Two PRs this week just gone. New fastest 5km time 20:49 and new deadlift at 130kg 2.2x body weight!
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Kettle bell swinging with 30 lbs
    Can hold 60 sec plank with proper form comfortably
    Learned to squat last week with a barbell for the first time with 45 lbs and did 70 lbs this week. I feel like a bad a%$
    Able to hold a plank a lot better in TRX without totally dying.
    Being able to keep my speed more consistent a lot better in cycling class

You are a badass! That's awesome!!
    I had major abdominal, and bowel surgery on December 20th, not been able to run since September.

Started running again 18 days ago and today managed 60 minutes!

I'm over the moon with that :)

Oh wow! Sorry to hear about the surgery, I hope you continue to recover well! That is awesome to be back up to an hour so soon!
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For me I started hitting the Gym again back in December. 135 on the bench felt a little heavy to me which was funny. Last Friday, I hit 275 on the bench, that is my current PR, since I was in my 20's. I think around 335 in my Deadlift PR, but I haven't tried a PR in that in awhile.
  • natruallycurious
    Options
    Repped out 165 lbs for the first time ever. Two sets of 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfGS3pA2Uw

This is awesome! You're so strong!
  • natruallycurious
    Options
    Kohanai wrote: »
    This past saturday was an in-house comp at our gym. The AM folks vs the PM folks (I'm PM). It was my first ever thing like that, and it was amazing! I've not really pushed myself like that before, bc I'm usually super reserved and overprotective about my lungs and making sure I do everything right.

One of the events involved hang squat cleans and it was PR city for a ton of folks. I hit a PR of 95lb in it, but could have gone more if I hadn't been so conservative. That was a surprise!

The biggest accomplishment though was rowing 6 seconds faster, and biking 4 seconds faster than before. (Also, not collapsing after this part of the comp - row 500, run 400, 90 singles, 20 cals on assault bike - I actually stayed standing!)

During the week I also managed a box jump for the first time ever, maxed my front squat at 135, and my dead lift at 175. It was a wild 4 days!! I'm still riding the high.

CrossFit? If so, me too! I love the idea of an in-house comp, that's awesome! Glad you had a good time and accomplished so much!!
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    CrossFit? If so, me too! I love the idea of an in-house comp, that's awesome! Glad you had a good time and accomplished so much!!

Yes!! It was so cool to have so many people there competing on teams. I think it was 22 people total. Was the bessstttt!
  • natruallycurious
    Options
    Kohanai wrote: »

Yes!! It was so cool to have so many people there competing on teams. I think it was 22 people total. Was the bessstttt!

That's awesome! I will have to talk our coaches into doing that sometime!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Finished my first 100mile. In a blizzard
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Worked up to a set of squats at 160x6 last night! Edited to add pounds
  • markleeming
    markleeming Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok, my cycling time trial for 25 miles pb is 60mins 15 seconds. Trying to break that this weekend, get under the hour!
  • natruallycurious
    Options
    Wow damn good job guys!

Mine:

Butterfly pull ups x10
    Hips to ring kips x 5
    wall facing strict HSPU with a hollow hold x2

42.5 kg 2RM shoulder press at 58 kg BW
    90 kg 1 RM squat and I'm finally pushing through my legs and now lifting with lose back!
    60 kg power clean

Still working on form and mobility in all my stuff but I hope to be decent within 1-2 years :lol:

Bad *kitten*! You're killing it - keep it up!! I saw your video on IG, you are going to have that muscle up in no time!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Monday: Ran 26.2 miles in the rain. That's 8.2 miles further than I've run in the rain before. (Rain is about my least favorite running weather; but at least the temperature was above 40 F / 5 C.)

And they gave me a very attractive medal for getting that far.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    275lbs deadlift last week (@140lbs bw)

3×6@130 bench
    3x6@190 squat

Testing bench and squat in 2 weeks...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Did my first ever deadlift on Tuesday.