Do You...

Options
Avoid weighing yourself for a couple days if you know you have slipped with your nutrition for a couple days and have either eaten more sodium (water retention) or more calories, etc.... OR do you remain accountable to yourself and weigh, knowing that the scale will show a gain because of either water retention or what you decided to eat the day before?

Just curious what people do....

Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Avoid weighing yourself for a couple days if you know you have slipped with your nutrition for a couple days and have either eaten more sodium (water retention) or more calories, etc.... OR do you remain accountable to yourself and weigh, knowing that the scale will show a gain because of either water retention or what you decided to eat the day before?

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I weigh regardless..so I can learn from the mistakes
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    always weigh in on Friday no matter what. But the rest of the week I am not a slave to that scale.:huh:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options

I weigh my self once a week same time. I do it every morning on wed.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Since finding this site, I have discovered that accountability for everything I put in my mouth is key.

I face the scales no matter what. :smile:
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every sunday after rpm (spin) class regardless and don't jump on that scale anyother time. It's kinda like finding the prize in the cracker jack box..lol Weigh in babe.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Needless to say, I have been eating higher sodium foods the past couple days (TOM), and am wary to weigh in tomorrow, but I will! I also have gone over my calories a couple days. But today, I worked out twice to try to make up for it which is an accomplishment. Instead of drowning my sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerry's, I worked out instead!! Proof of how far one can come!!:happy:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Needless to say, I have been eating higher sodium foods the past couple days (TOM), and am wary to weigh in tomorrow, but I will! I also have gone over my calories a couple days. But today, I worked out twice to try to make up for it which is an accomplishment. Instead of drowning my sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerry's, I worked out instead!! Proof of how far one can come!!:happy:

Most awesome!!!! I give myself a little leeway right before TOM. If I don't gain, but just plateau, I consider it a victory! Good for you for working out!
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, every Saturday. I think this is good for me.
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, probably out of habit, but I only take note as far as progress on Fridays.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If I know I've screwed up, I'll give myself a couple days to get back on track. :smile: A higher number can put me in a :angry: mood all day so I choose not to do that to myself. :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    If I know I've screwed up, I'll give myself a couple days to get back on track. :smile: A higher number can put me in a :angry: mood all day so I choose not to do that to myself. :laugh:
    :happy:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and sometimes during the middle out of curiousity but if I have a high sodium day I purposely weigh myself the next morning to see if the water retention thing is true and what effect it has. Just 3 days ago I had canned soup, salted pistachios, and something processed with tonnes of sodium so the next morning I jump on and yep, up 2 lbs! I know I didn't take in an excess of 7000 calories so it doesn't freak me out. I just like to see these theories in front of me, I think it's neat.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I weigh myself every single morning... naughty or not. I only log when there is a change to my weight, though. I'm not going to avoid the scale just because I was bad the night before!
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays, (class day), and stay off the scale at home. I am enjoying the heck out of this site though. Tracking my calories and excercise here is a lot easier than writing it all down. I try to keep in mind that this journey isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. If I slip up today, the race isn't over. I can regain lost ground tomorrow.

Craig
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :
    I weigh myself every single morning... naughty or not. I only log when there is a change to my weight, though. I'm not going to avoid the scale just because I was bad the night before!

I do the same although some days I try and force myself not to weigh in.. it's become like an obsession really just to see if I lost anymore! I also measure my inches too.. I am down another 2 inches.. 1 on my boobs :sad: and one on my hips :blushing:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day and am learning what affects weight. I only report it (check-in) when there is a loss. This way it keep me motivated. IDK how people avoid it all week. I'm on that thing every morning, every night, whenever I am naked in the bathroom. :laugh:

This way I can realize what is actually happening - like Oh, I took cold medication and look - a two pound "gain" I guess cold medication makes you retain water-

I have even weighed before and after using the bathroom - I wanted to know what the difference would be.

I see how some people could get obsesses with it, but I am not obsessed, just curious - If I see a gain, I think about what happened, I don't get upset about it.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I don't care what I eat or don't eat. I know I should only weigh myself every week or so, but i can't help it! :smile:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can get a bit obsessive, so I keep my scales at my mum's house and only weigh myself when I'm there (about once a week). Heaven knows what I'll be like when I move back after uni! When I'm there, I'll weight myself a handful of times, but I only record in the morning, before I've eaten. Not so I'll weigh less, but so I have less excuses- stomach's empty, this is your weight, deal with it. :P
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the same time same day each week no matter what AND it's on a Monday, so what ever I ate over the weekend shows. Why cheat it.

But...I did skip this Monday because I was sick and didn't eat as much as I normally would, so I knew the weight I'd lost wasn't "true". I'm sure I gained it all back this week, so gave myself a 2 week break from weighing in.