why don't you log?

HappyKat5
HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
edited April 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
for the past 2 days, I haven't logged. I needed to step back from counting my food and calories (although, I did admit in a former post that I actually miss doing it and started back.) I don't like numbers which is why I barely made it through Algebra. But, I was curious, why others don't share their diary? Is it because we ate something that we don't want to admit or we just forgot about doing it. Just curious, so don't give me a "Woo" or a "Thumbs down" sign. I'm just really curious and doing my own research to help me grow. :)

Replies

• HappyKat5
    @malibu927 I totally get that and I have felt the same as well. I want stay public (my diary) but I have gotten defensive about my food choices.. thank you for answering :)
  • HappyKat5
    edited April 2018
    Wow! This has been very insightful. I guess we have our own idea of what logging means to each of us and I’m cool with that because it means that we can’t pigeon hole ourselves when it comes to our lifestyles. Thanks again!!!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, I think you're confusing terms maybe? Logging isn't letting other people see your food diary. It's logging your food to make sure you are eating the right amount of cals, or to track your macros or some other element of your diet.

I have logged every day for over 3 years. I have literally never clicked complete on my diary. I honestly don't understand the point. My diary is open to my friends if they'd like to look at it, at the very least maybe it can be proof that you can eat a fair amount of pizza and ice cream and still hit a reasonable calorie goal.

I'm accountable to myself. I take responsibility for the bad habits that caused me to gain weight, and I take credit for losing the weight and keeping it off. I don't have the type of personality where I need random people telling me I'm doing a good job, my diary told me that.

If closing out your diary and getting comments on it is motivating to you, that's awesome! I was never here for motivation, I was always here for the numbers # :heart: # :heart:

This. Pretty much all of this.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    kpsyche wrote: »
    I have to confess that I like looking at other people's diaries if they're open, mainly because I look for things that look like they might be yummy and have not thought of eating.

I like looking at diaries for the same reason. Mine is open to friends only.... but I don’t really care who looks at it. I log everything religiously and have several of my own entries, which may not sound healthy (eg. tonight’s “Creamy Beef Stroganoff”) but all these recipes are measured out carefully, and fit within my calorie goals.

I’m losing consistently, so I’m obviously doing something right! So if someone has something negative to say about my diary (which hasn’t happened yet.... my friends are great and make positive comments, if any), I’ll try not to let it worry me.... it’s their problem, not mine!
  • dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2018
    I log, even on my bad days, but my diary is private because of how many poor choices I make. My diary does not look as nice as many other peoples and I find myself comparing sometimes. I also do not like the ideas of possibly being criticized. I do not feel bad about what I eat but I do not want to face any disagreements either about my diet and how I do things. Keeping it private seems to help me stay true to myself about what I ate the whole day.